British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

Coventry Bees V King's Lynn 25th May 2015

Hope Lynn look after our mpt, sad to see injuries and bjerre affect Lynn's season again

Illegible - I suggest someone should write better then so others can read it :wink:

I think you meant ineligible :wink:

"Footnote: When we have a situation where our leagues are struggling through the shortest of top riders"

So - who's the shortest of top riders, then, and how are our leagues struggling because of the riders' size?

• Like 2

Christ almighty, gonna be a cricket score.

Don't think Bjerre's performances really depend on the track, it's more about his confidence at the time and how well he is gating.

Hopefully Coventry will declare when they hit 50 ;)

No disrespect to MPT but he's no Rory Schlein.

Edited by tellboy

Luckily Kings Lynn have Iversen and Lambert in the side two riders I enjoy watching. Although I think we will win comfortably I'm still hopeful of a decent nights racing.

Edited by woz01

Lambert has to get there first! Still awaiting ambulance swap over with Lewis, and we will need him in 15

Lambert has to get there first! Still awaiting ambulance swap over with Lewis, and we will need him in 15

Going to be a rush but at least Peterborough isn't far away.

Robson & Roynon have just finished their PL meeting.

Good win for the bees tonight. Congratulations to Danny King on the fastest time of the season

Great ride by Scotty & JK to beat NKI & Lambert in the TR.

Iversen was in great form. Palm Toft did really well guesting and deserved his heat 15. Morris & Porsing must be a worry though.

The meeting ran at a good pace and nice words at the beginning of the meeting when speaking about Rory.

Edited by mdmc82

Scott is always top value as a rider for thr bees a guest and a person would be in my all time coventry bees 7

• Like 1

Good win for the bees tonight.

omg you didnt seriously txpect anything else surely !!!!???

good stuff from NKI and MPT yes but with 3 of our regulars injured and Lambert not fully fit I'm surprised Cov didnt get 60 at least :o:nono::shock:

Looks like this could be yet another season ruined by injuries for the Stars ..... :nono::sad::mad:

Edited by Star Fever

Poor spectacle tonight with most heats from the gate and stretched out. I left before Ht15 and missed the best race by all accounts. Toft did OK

Shame Lynn had injuries but really nice to hear Rory Schlien is moving his legs.

omg you didnt seriously txpect anything else surely !!!!???

good stuff from NKI and MPT yes but with 3 of our regulars injured and Lambert not fully fit I'm surprised Cov didnt get 60 at least :o:nono::shock:

Looks like this could be yet another season ruined by injuries for the Stars ..... :nono::sad::mad:

good heavens!! it gets worse!!

(taken from bspa official website) ......

Coventry boss Gary Havelock said: “I’m very pleased - obviously they were slightly depleted but at the end of the day there’s four riders in a race and you can only beat the other two guys you’re at the tapes with.

"slightly" depleted??? what a moron ... seems he'd be happy racing against depleted teams every week!! :shock:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

Coventry boss Gary Havelock said: “I’m very pleased - obviously they were slightly depleted but at the end of the day there’s four riders in a race and you can only beat the other two guys you’re at the tapes with.

"slightly" depleted??? what a moron

It's Havvys job to talk up his team. He's hardly going to say, "did you see their team? My God I nearly feel off my chair in shock at how poor it was after some bad luck for them in the last week with injuries and had we not beat them by this much it would have been embarrassing".

But when you look at it, Lambert, Porsing and Morris were all poor, thats as close to half of your team as it gets. MPT didn't do a bad job, thought I guess you would have probably expected a few more form Rory. As for Roynon/Kerr - Coventrys reserves are so good it's debatable that Kerr would have scored much more too.

That said, if i was a Lynn fan, I'd not be getting too worried based on this one result. We all know that losing Schlein and Bjerre is a massive kick in the man area. Hopefully Bjerre won't let it effect him as he was just getting sorted and the club will used the Rory injury as a chance to replace Porsing at the same time and what you'll lose in Schlein, you'll gain in replacing Porsing.

Coventry boss Gary Havelock said: Im very pleased - obviously they were slightly depleted but at the end of the day theres four riders in a race and you can only beat the other two guys youre at the tapes with.

"slightly" depleted??? what a moron ... seems he'd be happy racing against depleted teams every week!! :shock:

Bees would have won anyway TBF. Stronger at reserve even against Kerr. Sarjeant beat him at ours on his last visit & Garrity recently beat him in the reserve races at King's Lynn.

Yes Rory would have scored more than 8 but bees won by 24 so even a Max from him wouldn't have helped.

King's Lynn's own riders in Porsing, Morris & to an extent Lambert struggled. NKI was brilliant but even he was beatable.

Bees would have won anyway TBF. Stronger at reserve even against Kerr. Sarjeant beat him at ours on his last visit & Garrity recently beat him in the reserve races at King's Lynn.

Yes Rory would have scored more than 8 but bees won by 24 so even a Max from him wouldn't have helped.

King's Lynn's own riders in Porsing, Morris & to an extent Lambert struggled. NKI was brilliant but even he was beatable.

Well its debatable whether Bees would have won anyway' to be totally fair!! Unfortunately we won't ever know as injuries deprived everyone from seeing what would have been an even closer contest!!

Of course Lynn have some weak points but if most of the team (given the chance) can ride to their best then we're virtually unbeatable IMO. Regrettably another injury infested season looks lke we'll never know :mad: :sad:

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1