British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

However once caught out he mentions that if wrong he would apologies to Harris. What happened to the evidence?

One suspects Philippe's fact checking amounts to a round of golf with Briggo at times, but I think people are making a bit of mountain out of a molehill here. I don't think he was trashing anyone's name, regardless of the accuracy of the reported so-called facts.

• Like 2

Rightly or wrongly I think its disgusting that Philip Rising should come on here and make serious allegations about a rider without backing it up with the evidence...he clearly realises now the error of his ways and is back tracking.... IF it is true its nowt to do with Philip Rising he should keep his nose out..

IF it is true its nowt to do with Philip Rising he should keep his nose out..

Well I would actually expect the members of the speedway fourth estate to investigate and report on these sorts of things, otherwise the journal-of-record will just end-up being a bunch of recycled press releases. Equally though, checking one's sources is a basic journalistic principle.

Harris probably watched Jenson Button driving the Honda and thought, pay me a shed load of cash and I'll trundle around at the back, at the end of the day it's all about money, and making a profit, nobody can deny Chris that right, don't tell me that Tai, Kelvin, Ole, GTR, PJR and all at the SS are doing it for the good of the Sport, no, they are in it for the £££'s, nothing wrong with that at all, but please, none of this trying to be the saviour of Speedway, next they'll want a knighthood, worry more about saving Scunthorpe and a few other tracks, rather than worrying about Marcel driving around Europe with some engines in his boot, it's been going on for years, Zierk was a Master at it, only difference was that with his, you would be on the Podium, and You paid for the privilege.

well someones credability just hit rock bottom,

It was pretty low to start with

From Chris himself:

STATEMENT: This is to clear up false rumours that are being reported about me on social media regarding the non use of GTR engines at Cardiff. Firstly not at any time have I been offered any money to use the engine neither at anytime have I asked for money from Gerhard engines for me to use them. The reason I chose not to ride the GTR at the British SGP is due to not having enough track time with the engine to understand how it works and how to set it up to my riding style. The last time I rode the GTR was at the British Final meeting and after the meeting it was taken out of my bike and taken away for the guys to check it out or work on it. I made the decision to use my BAR engines on the back of having 3 good meetings including a paid max and I know how these engines work for my riding style. I had lengthy conversations with Marcel Gerhard over the weekend of Cardiff and discussed the plan moving forward which involves a GTR being changed to suit my riding style and to practice on the engine prior to the next SGP. To support this my sponsors Rock Oil have provided the required oils by GerhardEngines to ensure Marcel and his team have everything they need. I look forward to working with Marcel and the team to come up with something special that suits my riding style in the near future. Marcel completely understood my reasons and there were no hard feelings which was proven by their message of best wishes for me on their social media accounts. I am disappointed but at the same time amused at what people write and that they waste their time posting on social media sites and forums without knowing the truth. Rumours and false statements are aimed to make the person in question look bad, however I am an honest rider and I will make decisions what I am comfortable with whether it turns out right or wrong, at the end of the day I am the one riding the bikes and risking my life. If people wanted to know the reason why they should just ask me and I will explain the truth rather than listen to rumours or made up stories on social media sites and forums. Chris

• Like 1

From Chris himself:

STATEMENT: This is to clear up false rumours that are being reported about me on social media regarding the non use of GTR engines at Cardiff. Firstly not at any time have I been offered any money to use the engine neither at anytime have I asked for money from Gerhard engines for me to use them. The reason I chose not to ride the GTR at the British SGP is due to not having enough track time with the engine to understand how it works and how to set it up to my riding style. The last time I rode the GTR was at the British Final meeting and after the meeting it was taken out of my bike and taken away for the guys to check it out or work on it. I made the decision to use my BAR engines on the back of having 3 good meetings including a paid max and I know how these engines work for my riding style. I had lengthy conversations with Marcel Gerhard over the weekend of Cardiff and discussed the plan moving forward which involves a GTR being changed to suit my riding style and to practice on the engine prior to the next SGP. To support this my sponsors Rock Oil have provided the required oils by GerhardEngines to ensure Marcel and his team have everything they need. I look forward to working with Marcel and the team to come up with something special that suits my riding style in the near future. Marcel completely understood my reasons and there were no hard feelings which was proven by their message of best wishes for me on their social media accounts. I am disappointed but at the same time amused at what people write and that they waste their time posting on social media sites and forums without knowing the truth. Rumours and false statements are aimed to make the person in question look bad, however I am an honest rider and I will make decisions what I am comfortable with whether it turns out right or wrong, at the end of the day I am the one riding the bikes and risking my life. If people wanted to know the reason why they should just ask me and I will explain the truth rather than listen to rumours or made up stories on social media sites and forums. Chris

Sounds reasonable to me fair play to Chris for telling us from the horse's mouth as it were :t:

• Like 1

One suspects Philippe's fact checking amounts to a round of golf with Briggo at times, but I think people are making a bit of mountain out of a molehill here. I don't think he was trashing anyone's name, regardless of the accuracy of the reported so-called facts.

I'm not sure about the bit about trashing anyone's name. It's just not Bombers (or Marcels)

Interesting reply to Bomber's statement on Twitter from Gerhard engines. Maybe Rising can explain why they are supporting Harris.

@gerhardengines: @mjpurkis @BomberHarris37 absolutly agree! Keep looking forward! You fans & the @gerhardengines Team are behind you!

Maybe

All a bit of a mountain out of a molehill.....and regarding Chris Harris's statement , well I've known things go on privately in the past and a completely different public statement be made....so I take public statements with the pinch of salt they deserve...from all sides !

I know Philip Rising is very close to Kelvin Tatum so you'd assume they have been chatting about the situation....but regarding Harris , I think he's perfectly within his rights to keep his options open right until the start of a meeting about what bike he rides...that's not really messing anybody about, just deciding what's best for himself on the day..

Also , I know he denied asking for money to ride the engine, and he would deny that after all the fuss......but IF he did , then I can't see a big problem with that.....he's being a showcase for the engine and basically an advert for it to put it in the shop window to lead to future orders and sales.....therefore he's perfectly entitled to ask to be paid for that...I can't see a problem...that's then up to Gerhard to accept or refuse...it's a professional sport after all.

I think this probably shouldn't have been played out over the Internet but it's a sign of the times and I would imagine there is truth in both sides comments but you'll never get the FULL story publicly in my opinion

All a bit of a mountain out of a molehill.....and regarding Chris Harris's statement , well I've known things go on privately in the past and a completely different public statement be made....so I take public statements with the pinch of salt they deserve...from all sides !

I think this probably shouldn't have been played out over the Internet but it's a sign of the times and I would imagine there is truth in both sides comments but you'll never get the FULL story publicly in my opinion

Agree with both parts of this.Wouldn't trust either of the two to come out with the true statement

• Like 1

Why do people on here get so irate with PR? He tries to give us fans an insiders view of things. He's apologized with the story RE Bomber and the engines. Of course he backtracked. Isn't that what an apology is?

However anyone who's read Bombers Tweets knows that 100% that was NOT Bomber who wrote that statement. That was a professionally written statement to put him in a good light for again being under prepared for a GP. It's July, that's the 4th GP of the season, he's used those engines before and looked fast in previous GPs and yet he still hasn't got the set up right. That to me should be a bigger issue then Phil relaying a story which to his knowledge was 100% factual...

• Like 2