British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

I assumed that the riders who are trialling the GRT (Harris, PK and Robert Lambert)are being paid a fee, and given free use of the engines to see how they perform at different tracks. This would not force them to use them all the time, however, as Bomber was seemingly much better out of the gate using it, I find it strange that he would be reluctant to use it at Cardiff. The 1 race that Robert appeared in showed the engine was at least as fast as the GM 'rocketships'.

Gerhard's plan is to produce a competitive engine that needs a lot less servicing. Once they're on sale that doesn't stop tuners convincing their riders that they still need to throw lots of cash at them.

CORRECT

I assumed that the riders who are trialling the GRT (Harris, PK and Robert Lambert)are being paid a fee, and given free use of the engines to see how they perform at different tracks. This would not force them to use them all the time, however, as Bomber was seemingly much better out of the gate using it, I find it strange that he would be reluctant to use it at Cardiff. The 1 race that Robert appeared in showed the engine was at least as fast as the GM 'rocketships'.

Maybe the fact that Harris EL form dipped when he switched to the GTR and then went up again when he switched back to the GM has something to do with it.

TO the best of my knowledge the only league match that Harris used the GTR was the aborted meeting against Poole.

Some on here are perhaps questioning whether you really have any knowledge about Bomber and the GTR

Some on here are perhaps questioning whether you really have any knowledge about Bomber and the GTR

Most of his posts seem speculation rather than facts.

QUESTION away but have been close to the whole project since day one... Tatum and Gerhard in France today, further track testing.

TO the best of my knowledge the only league match that Harris used the GTR was the aborted meeting against Poole.

He HAS used it others. He used it at Poole for a start.

QUESTION away but have been close to the whole project since day one... Tatum and Gerhard in France today, further track testing.

And are they pleased that you are on here gossiping about talks you claim they had?

And are they pleased that you are on here gossiping about talks you claim they had?

At a guess when Phil say's he has been close to this project I doubt if he has had much contact with Gerhard himself.More that he has heard things on the grapevine

• Like 1

At a guess when Phil say's he has been close to this project I doubt if he has had much contact with Gerhard himself.More that he has heard things on the grapevine

SPENT time with Marcel at King's Lynn, Vojens (including all day Friday of the SWC at our hotel in Kolding) and Cardiff ... Kelvin is a close friend and speak to him almost every day.

I was actually lined up to take an engine from Vojens to Wolverhampton on my BA flight because I had additional luggage allowance but, at the last minute, Marcel decided to drive there himself.

SPENT time with Marcel at King's Lynn, Vojens (including all day Friday of the SWC at our hotel in Kolding) and Cardiff ... Kelvin is a close friend and speak to him almost every day.

I was actually lined up to take an engine from Vojens to Wolverhampton on my BA flight because I had additional luggage allowance but, at the last minute, Marcel decided to drive there himself.

Well i'd say King's Lynn was a hell of a long time after day one............ :rolleyes:

AND, of course, Prague where I was with Marcel and Kelvin for practice and the meeting and also had an hour with the boss of the Suter factory.

Well i'd say King's Lynn was a hell of a long time after day one............ :rolleyes:

?????

Edited by PHILIPRISING

Ok,so you are saying day 1 was when he turned up with a finished engine to race.I was thinking you meant like day 1 when the project got going.......my bad