British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

Prices look ok. A little more than my price list but that's exceptable. Most of the parts on the list are after market parts anyway, none of which are produced in Swiss. My problem is and always will be when a head breaks, con rod snaps and you need a new set of cases it will be much more expensive than the GM. I am interested to see the full price list. And although everyone is being suckered into this warranty deal, things do "wear" out as it says on the price list. You are not going to be covered by any warranty with a sealed engine that's done 200 races and the piston breaks, that's fatigue and it's racing. I can assure you that will not be covered. Again, nothing against the GTR but i am just putting my side across.

What parts will they use in a service after a full seasons riding will it be complete rebuilt from top to bottom? will they hone the Conrod or will it be a one new valves ,springs, a new piston or just rings ? Wonder how much a service will cost because I think you would need to completely rebuild it if you were to use it for a second season how many season will they guarantee the engine after the amount of races it once you buy second hand warranty ?

Edited by mac101

Radical/Stupid idea alert...

Has three lap races ever been considered?

Most races seem over well before the last lap anyway as riders have invariably become more spaced apart the longer the race has gone, so maybe it would lead to closer racing?

What it would definitely do is save 25% 'wear and tear' on engines and chassis, 25% tyre usage and 25% fuel, and maybe tracks would be less slick at the end of the meeting...

And surely make cost savings which could be passed on in reduced admission....?

Thus maybe getting some 'newbies' to attend (who wouldn't probably know it used to be four laps anyway)..

Tin hat on time.....!

Edited by mikebv

Radical/Stupid idea alert...

Has three lap races ever been considered?

Most races seem over well before the last lap anyway as riders have invariably become more spaced apart the longer the race has gone, so maybe it would lead to closer racing?

What it would definitely do is save 25% 'wear and tear' on engines and chassis, 25% tyre usage and 25% fuel.....

And surely make cost savings which could be passed on in reduced admission....?

Thus maybe getting some 'newbies' to attend (who wouldn't probably know it used to be four laps anyway)..

Tin hat on time.....!

not the worst idea tbh

• Like 1

Warranty won't be worth the paper it's written on, escape clause will be dirt getting through the air filter, that will destroy any engine, if you saw the state of some Riders filters you would cry,mixed with methanol drawn into the engine, it's like grinding paste.

My tip would be to buy the engine using a Credit card, at least you have some protection if it goes bang.

• Like 1

Would be poor vfm at some tracks e.g less than 40secs per race at Plymouth.

Would be poor vfm at some tracks e.g less than 40secs per race at Plymouth.

But would all four riders still be in contention as they go into lap three most races?

If so, I would suggest the punters wouldn't even notice the race time..

20/20 cricket was thought to be a 'novelty one hit wonder', now its the most popular form of cricket worldwide..

'Fast and Furious' is the tagline often used for Speedway, 3 lap races could do that justice..

People also often complain about no second halves due to curfews and meetings taking over two hours to complete. Less laps of racing would sort this..

And vfm perception can also be influenced massively by what happens 'off track' too, (as T20 shows so well)..

Why not just have 15 one lap dashes?! In fact get rid of engine and make the riders peddle around :D

Why not just have 15 one lap dashes?! In fact get rid of engine and make the riders peddle around :D

What would they be selling? ;)

• Like 2