British Speedway Forum
SCB

Gerhard Engine

What would they be selling? ;)

Groovy speedway merchandise. Probably Wulfsport jackets.

Taken from an interview with Ross Brawn on changes to F1. I'm inclined to think the same applies to speedway.

"That is something we need to discuss with the teams," Brawn said. "They have made a huge investment in these engines so you can't just discard them and say: 'We are going to change the engines.'

Taken from an interview with Ross Brawn on changes to F1. I'm inclined to think the same applies to speedway.

"That is something we need to discuss with the teams," Brawn said. "They have made a huge investment in these engines so you can't just discard them and say: 'We are going to change the engines.'

F1 has changed it's engine regulations many times.

F1 has changed it's engine regulations many times.

While Bernie was in charge yes. Brawn comes from the other side of the fence and has more of a team prospective and I have to say I agree with him.

While Bernie was in charge yes. Brawn comes from the other side of the fence and has more of a team prospective and I have to say I agree with him.

Did you mean 'perspective'? Now that it has American owners, maybe they might adopt a few American ideas? Different engines different tyres and different brake materials, coupled with a more seat of the pants requirement for driving, might restore more of the relevance to more of the public and enable smaller or newer teams to be more competitive. The GTR would be gradually phased in and is already competitive with existing equipment, so I don't quite see the connection to Ross's statement.

Did you mean 'perspective'? Now that it has American owners, maybe they might adopt a few American ideas? Different engines different tyres and different brake materials, coupled with a more seat of the pants requirement for driving, might restore more of the relevance to more of the public and enable smaller or newer teams to be more competitive. The GTR would be gradually phased in and is already competitive with existing equipment, so I don't quite see the connection to Ross's statement.

Yes I did :)

Not just the technical side, they are talking about a more even distribution of funds between the teams, which I think is just as important. More social media interaction to try and attract more fans and make them feel involved with the sport is also being discussed.

• Like 1

If looking at a shortening of race lengths then the one idea would be 1/2 lap races because if you are honest at least 50% of races are over before the 3rd bend. And you could have 30 of them or even 50. With rev limiters fitted the increased number of starts would not lead to more wear and tear on engines. Yes you would miss out on the 3% of real races with passing that are worth watching. If not I go with the idea of one lap races and have 30 in a match. All of these with no "gardening" of course - up to the tapes and Go!

• Like 1

If looking at a shortening of race lengths then the one idea would be 1/2 lap races because if you are honest at least 50% of races are over before the 3rd bend. And you could have 30 of them or even 50. With rev limiters fitted the increased number of starts would not lead to more wear and tear on engines. Yes you would miss out on the 3% of real races with passing that are worth watching. If not I go with the idea of one lap races and have 30 in a match. All of these with no "gardening" of course - up to the tapes and Go!

if you only have 1/2 lap races, would you not need a additional finish line and for it to be manned, or even another referee to call the finish ? This would all add to the cost of running a meeting and in the long term might not be good for speedway ;)

if you only have 1/2 lap races, would you not need a additional finish line and for it to be manned, or even another referee to call the finish ? This would all add to the cost of running a meeting and in the long term might not be good for speedway ;)

No need, just add a start gate and line on the back straight, give the ref some binoculars to do the starts, the finish will be on Tue old start line, so 2 refs not required....

No need, just add a start gate and line on the back straight, give the ref some binoculars to do the starts, the finish will be on Tue old start line, so 2 refs not required....

glad to see that some-one has put some thought into it, but binnoculars aren't cheap ;)

• Like 1

Ive mentioned the no gardening thing several times, and got jumped on Im suprised you've not been jumped on as well.

Ive mentioned the no gardening thing several times, and got jumped on Im suprised you've not been jumped on as well.

Noone has denied gardening happens, you were "jumped on" because you claimed it didn't happen in the past, which is patently false.

And if you've taken this post as a serious suggestion, that's setting new standards, even for you.

• Like 1

Noone has denied gardening happens, you were "jumped on" because you claimed it didn't happen in the past, which is patently false.

And if you've taken this post as a serious suggestion, that's setting new standards, even for you.

I'd like to call you a troll, but your worse than that.. Clearly your infatuated with me. :nono:

Edited by Starman2006
  • Like 1

half lap races that dont finish til Tuesday - just how long is this track? 😆😛
  • Like 3

I'd like to call you a troll, but your worse than that.. Clearly your infatuated with me. :nono:

You are very sweet starman, but not my type. Care to point out which part of my post was inaccurate?
  • Like 1