British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex2000

Eastbourne Eagles Vs Birmingham Brummies 31st May Ko Cup

Last weeks crowd was the same as an EL fixture otherwise less probably 6-700 normally. Though this week will be down with the rain which is looking ever more likely to be the winner unfortunately

Alex you sound as if your trying to turn the crowd away lol but i have just checked the following forecast and seems to be ok for Sunday, they might not have to water in the morning but that better to have the track done before the staff arrive,

Check the forecast on this: http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Hailsham/long.html

Edited by catinthehat

Alex you sound as if your trying to turn the crowd away lol but i have just checked the following forecast and seems to be ok for Sunday, they might not have to water in the morning but that better to have the track done before the staff arrive,

Check the forecast on this: http://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Hailsham/long.html

Don't want our supporters getting wet! :t: The BBC map shows no rain after about 9 so we shouldn't have a Dry house(pun) problem! :lol:

• Like 1

Personally, I never worry about the weather until the actual day.

Forecasts are just that - a prediction of what the "experts" think will happen.

Timings change a lot over any period of time.

I think the first meeting at Arlington this season put down a marker for the fans.

It wasn't the best of days weatherwise but we raced and it was exciting.

I will leave it to Martin, Connor and the experienced track staff at Arlington - with Bob - to get the track ready. I trust them to do it if at all possible.

And if you are on Twitter, follow @Martindugard23 He is a regular and I am sure he will let you know if it is off.

Is that right that Birmingham have not ridden anywhere apart from Perry Bar this year and Eastbourne is the first away meeting on a different track.

Edited by catinthehat

Is that right that Birmingham have not ridden anywhere apart from Perry Bar this year and Eastbourne is the first away meeting on a different track.

Yes that's right. Makes it better for us I suppose

Hopefully they will bring the same amount of fans as the cradley lot atmosphere was excellent last year

Yes that's right. Makes it better for us I suppose

Dont think it matters, doesnt matter if we have had none or quite a few, Eastbourne is a tough track for many NL teams to to in the form you are in.

Well it seems Harvie Banks is missing for this and Kent on Monday, have no idea why. Rider replacement for him and Connor Coles guesting for Sam Chapman

Edited by Brummie Kev

EASTBOURNE: Bradley Wilson-Dean, Mattie Bates, Richard Andrews, David Mason, Marc Owen, Georgie Wood, Kelsey Dugard

BIRMINGHAM: Adam Ellis, Adam Kirby, Connor Coles (guest), Harvie Banks R/R, Tom Perry, Alex Wilson, Zach Wajtkne

i think brad is a better rider than ellis but should be good battle between them, as for the rest of birmingham as i said before season started zach is the best 3 pointer in the league, with conner coles and rr for banks birmingham are probably the strongest they have been so far this season,i still expect eastie to win and progress in the cup but this will probably be there toughest test

EASTBOURNE: Bradley Wilson-Dean, Mattie Bates, Richard Andrews, David Mason, Marc Owen, Georgie Wood, Kelsey Dugard

BIRMINGHAM: Adam Ellis, Adam Kirby, Connor Coles (guest), Harvie Banks R/R, Tom Perry, Alex Wilson, Zach Wajtkne

I thought ligament damage was very often worse than a broken bone, these speedway riders are so incredibly dedicated (nuts). good luck Richard.

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

Will the meeting survive the weather??

Will the meeting survive the weather??

Will Dick Barton solve the mystery?

Will Dick Barton solve the mystery?

Just googled him gathering yes?

Just googled him gathering yes?

Playing Devil's Gallop then, Alex 2000.

You may need to go back to Google!!