British Speedway Forum
Shale Searcher

Leicester Lions V Wolverhampton Wolves, Sat 30th May 2015

Should be a good one between two teams battling for 4th Place. Any ideas though who will be at Reserve for Wolves with Blackbird being out? Not many options with so many teams riding.

Its a shame Garrity is riding.

Its a shame Garrity is riding.

Why? Garrity is top of the reserve list from Monday so can't guest anyway

The score doesn't bother me so much as long as it's a close match with entertaining racing & 7 committed lions riders. With no GOD DAMN AWFUL SINGER'S this time abusing my ears like monday evening

• Like 1

All this idle chatter about Wolves, Swindon and 4th place. In the real world Belle Vue are currently the 4th best team. The best and truest guide to form is the away league points gained v home points lost.

Belle Vue +1

Wolves =

Swindon -2

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

Swindon will get their first away win on monday

Don't be disappointed if you don't. There is a first for everything I suppose.

You are like a dog with a bone and just won't let it rest. As I have said several times, it doesn't matter where you are during the season or how long you have been there (or even away wins). It's about how many points you have at the end of the season - the top 4 going into the play-offs.

PS - Swindon ARE better than Wolves :wink:

exactly. Of course that's the most important thing. Right now not many rate either of our chances. It's no wonder you and I can see something different in our sides chances.

as for your Swindon are better comment - perhaps wait till the play offs to make such claims. ;-)

All this idle chatter about Wolves, Swindon and 4th place. In the real world Belle Vue are currently the 4th best team. The best and truest guide to form is the away league points gained v home points lost.

Belle Vue +1

Wolves =

Swindon -2

Best try catch up then.

Best try catch up then.

I think you have misunderstood. It's Belle Vue +1 and Wolves =

I think you have misunderstood. It's Belle Vue +1 and Wolves =

I was referring to the league table.

Garritty will make Lambert appear like a snail. Not sure about Max Clegg as he really came to grips with BP the last few meeting he had for the Lions last year, but up against Worrel I am haveing second thoughts on that one.

If the reserves Lambert especially had been on the pace better on Manday it would have made the difference of a Draw or Win for the Lions Not sure how many chances Lambert will get before they replace him for another reserve. He just does not do well around BP.

It will be nice to see a full team back together. Just hope that whoever it is that they sign this time can make a huge difference to the teams bad fortunes. With Walasek out for at least another 8 weeks, which is going to take up a huge part of this season, can they keep going along with guest riders for all that time or do they sign someone on tempary to fill for him until he returns.

The Lions needs Lady Luck to shine upon them for once, what they have suffered this season yet again, after the problems they had last season. is worse that if you had written a book, on the troubles and trauma's of the unluckiest speedway team around.

Things can only get better I hope.

I'm afraid Steve really doesn't get it.

Wolves are absolutely nowhere near a playoff place a the moment and are slipping further away.

Belle Vue's win at Lakeside has put a further nail into any chance they have.

Leicester is a must win match for Wolves play off hopes and to be honest I don't see them winning.

• Like 2

I'm afraid Steve really doesn't get it.

Wolves are absolutely nowhere near a playoff place a the moment and are slipping further away.

Belle Vue's win at Lakeside has put a further nail into any chance they have.

Leicester is a must win match for Wolves play off hopes and to be honest I don't see them winning.

Make up your mind. We aren't anywhere near a play off place but Leicester is a must win match for our play off hopes?????

What I get is that at this stage only Bees, Poole Stars look near nailed on top 4 places come September.

To rule out any team (Wolves included ) at the end of May is plain ludicrous.

You can put a good argument in for Swindon, Belle Vue and Wolves with 3 months left to fight for a top 4 spot. Although I think any argument in favour of Lakeside or Leicester may be stretching it a little.

The next 2 matches may give us a better idea of where we are currently at. However 2 key injuries could have a huge bearing on the short - mid term chances. RR is best for Tobby (yet the management seem happy to go down the inadequate guest route.

Blackbird will be a huge miss because whilst Garrity is a like for like replacement Saturday we got away with a inferior replacement (Williamson) last Monday.

Against the Robins we must get BOTH replacements right on Monday.

With the published teams being relatively believable this week the only real question seems to be, will there be an hour and a half sun delay?

With the current weather trend in these parts being a cloudy day and a cloudless evening, chances are there will be... shall we start at 9?

With the published teams being relatively believable this week the only real question seems to be, will there be an hour and a half sun delay?

With the current weather trend in these parts being a cloudy day and a cloudless evening, chances are there will be... shall we start at 9?

Looking at the forecast it seems like a bright sunny start to the day, but cloud increasing throughout the day with rain arriving about 11.00pm, so should be no sun delay this evening, hopefully.

Leicester will win this.

Wolves don't look that good to be fair.

We have been that poor we have been in the top 4 most of the season so far. :rolleyes: