British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dump that clutch

5th V 4th - Wolves V Swindon - 1/6/2015

Not sure I agree entirely.

Musielak was a decent signing and one hopefully long term that will pay off.

Thorssell was the one that was always going to be the problem.

Some had him down as the next world beater and time and again I tried to explain to them how he would struggle as a heat leader.

Even as a second string he isn't doing the business... losing to Lambert at Leicester simply isn't good enough.

:rofl:

He'd be more prolific.

He's racing against the same opposition, so nothing changes there.. but has a weaker partner so will score more.

Musielak wasn't a problem in my view, we've got to keep looking for younger talent. The 6.50 was the issue. And yep, I'll hold my hands up, Jacob hasn't made the strides I was anticipating. Maybe the latter makes the former look even more iffy.

That is a bu**er, we had a good chance of an away win and no chance for Peter to race for us, may have to wait till play offs subject to who we have in the team at the time to see him again.

• Like 1

It would be ironic wouldn't it if in the rescheduled running of this match Kildemand was lining up for Wolves ;)

• Like 1

That is a bu**er, we had a good chance of an away win and no chance for Peter to race for us, may have to wait till play offs subject to who we have in the team at the time to see him again.

Yes, but someone would have to be injured for that to happen AORLOV - plus of course you will have to get into the play-offs!!!? :wink::wink::wink::D

• Like 1

Bit premature calling it off for Wolverhampton as it not raining at the moment.. But in hindsight probably good call looking at the forecast

Not surprised Wolves called it off. Knew they were up against it.

I think the weather will prove that it was the right decision irrespective of any other theory.

• Like 1

I'd rather like it to be dry up until 10pm. At least then I can believe for a short while that CVS has toughened up and decided if others are going to extract the urine when they have weakened teams, a tactical postponement is appropriate for Wolves when also in that position.

In the best interests of British Speedway, of course. :P

I'm confused. You claim Lewis Blackbird and Lewis Kerr are like-for-like but there's 0.8 between their EL averages. So why isn't James Sarjeant who is within 0.80 of Lewis Blackbird not like-for-like with Blackbird?

Lewis Blackbirds PL average is 7.92 to 7.7 for Sarj. Kerr is 7.12. So Sarj is better than Kerr.

You mean his PL average from reserve? Yea that's a really true reflection of comparison - NOT.

Kerr started the season at Newcastle at number 1 and Sarj is still a reserve but if you really want to believe that Sarj is already better than Kerr then go ahead.

By the same argument you must feel that Garrity is already a better EL rider than Schlein, AJ, Freddie, Cook, Holder, Zagar, Andersen, North, King, Watt, Howarth, Fricke, Milston, Bech et Al.

Yea, great logic.

Why who is Kildemand likely to be riding for in the play offs? ;-))

Glad they did. It's already been allowed for teams to call off matches to suit (copyright Poole) so seems completely fair to me. Why should we race so weakened?

On a less sarcastic note the forecast is awful and would have been financial suicide to run a meeting with a poor forecast and injury woes.

Right call, well done CVS.

Let's face the Robins when they have Miedzinski back and have little to play for :wink:

You mean his PL average from reserve? Yea that's a really true reflection of comparison - NOT.

Kerr started the season at Newcastle at number 1 and Sarj is still a reserve but if you really want to believe that Sarj is already better than Kerr then go ahead.

By the same argument you must feel that Garrity is already a better EL rider than Schlein, AJ, Freddie, Cook, Holder, Zagar, Andersen, North, King, Watt, Howarth, Fricke, Milston, Bech et Al.

Yea, great logic.

Kerr didn't start the season as number 1.

And it was you that claimed Blackbird was on a par with Kerr. So why is Blackbird a like for like with Kerr but Sarj isn't with Blackbird?

Kerr didn't start the season as number 1.

And it was you that claimed Blackbird was on a par with Kerr. So why is Blackbird a like for like with Kerr but Sarj isn't with Blackbird?

Ok I stand corrected, Kerr started as 2nd heat leader and moved to Number one at Newcastle in May, yet you want us to believe the Glasgow reserve Sarj is already a better PL rider (your words).

Sarj is tier 2 so is hardly comparable to a 1st tier rider as far as a like for like goes.

He is having a great season and I am no way knocking the lad. If he was free to guest tonight I'd rather Sarj than James Wright that's for sure. But he would no way be a like for like replacement because of their tier grading and as far as I'm concerned the 1st tier riders are all like for like and should all be able to guest for each other IMHO.

Why who is Kildemand likely to be riding for in the play offs? ;-))

Yes, but someone would have to be injured for that to happen AORLOV - plus of course you will have to get into the play-offs!!!? :wink::wink::wink::D

We should get there.

Edited by A ORLOV

We should get there.

That's it, keep the faith.

Away wins will determine. Aces, Wolves need more. The Robins just need to start winning some away.

• Like 1

That's it, keep the faith.

Away wins will determine. Aces, Wolves need more. The Robins just need to start winning some away.

Well we would have if tonight's meeting wasn't called off so early! :wink:

Given the weather forecast it will probably prove to be the right decision but if not we should get the 4 points by default :wink:

• Like 2

Well we would have if tonight's meeting wasn't called off so early! :wink:

Given the weather forecast it will probably prove to be the right decision but if not we should get the 4 points by default :wink:

It would be unfair to default a side with no form for winning away :wink: