British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle V Somerset Premier League Sunday 7th June 2015

I can't recall any Argentinian or Italian turning out for the diamonds unless Emiliano Sanchez took a guest booking?

Armando Castagna and Mattia Carpanese are other possibilities in the recent era.

Cracking start to the day in Newcastle, think I will take this one in should be a good close meeting .

Somerset come to us as league leaders. They have had 8 league matches, winning 7 of them. Newcastle on the other hand have ridden 7 matches and lost 4 so it would seem that the visitors will be quietly confident of adding to their Tally at the expense of the Diamonds tonight.

Christian Henry is ruled out due to concussion on Friday at Scunthorpe, Nico Covatti comes in as a guest for Anton Rosen. The Diamonds reserve pairing needs to put their poor showing at Scunthorpe behind them and concentrate on tonights match. We need more than 3 apiece from 7 rides each if we are to have a go at Somerset. Lewi Kerr, Steve Worrall and Ludde Lindgren have battled all season to keep Newcastle's scores close but the team needs a reserve that can hit the scores needed to win matches. Now we are into June we should be looking to strengthen. Personally (About to make myself unpopular) I would let Anton go if there is a decent replacement. I would also be looking to replace Simon. Lewis Rose should be kept on as he always looks to have ability for better things.

Anyway the sun is shining as we go into the afternoon on Tyneside and I look forward to witnessing a good crowd to see the league leaders and a Newcastle win after 15 heats of passing

Somerset come to us as league leaders. They have had 8 league matches, winning 7 of them. Newcastle on the other hand have ridden 7 matches and lost 4 so it would seem that the visitors will be quietly confident of adding to their Tally at the expense of the Diamonds tonight.

Christian Henry is ruled out due to concussion on Friday at Scunthorpe, Nico Covatti comes in as a guest for Anton Rosen. The Diamonds reserve pairing needs to put their poor showing at Scunthorpe behind them and concentrate on tonights match. We need more than 3 apiece from 7 rides each if we are to have a go at Somerset. Lewi Kerr, Steve Worrall and Ludde Lindgren have battled all season to keep Newcastle's scores close but the team needs a reserve that can hit the scores needed to win matches. Now we are into June we should be looking to strengthen. Personally (About to make myself unpopular) I would let Anton go if there is a decent replacement. I would also be looking to replace Simon. Lewis Rose should be kept on as he always looks to have ability for better things.

Anyway the sun is shining as we go into the afternoon on Tyneside and I look forward to witnessing a good crowd to see the league leaders and a Newcastle win after 15 heats of passing

Let's hope there are no 'Sunshine Breaks'. :shock::wink::D:P

Quick look at last years fixture shows that the Rebels lost Aspgren and Allen early in the meeting, but Wright scored 11 from 5 and Starkey paid 9 from 7, brady kurtz only managed one !. Josh had a fine guest appearance last week for Sheffield I think and banged in paid 16 from 5, I should imagine Ritchie should be there or there abouts on a former track, and I cannot believe Brady will get one again. All in all looks like a good close match hoping we can muster at least a point.

Edited by Cliffeboy

Quick look at last years fixture shows that the Rebels lost Aspgren and Allen early in the meeting, but Wright scored 11 from 5 and Starkey paid 9 from 7, brady kurtz only managed one !. Josh had a fine guest appearance last week for Sheffield I think and banged in paid 16 from 5, I should imagine Ritchie should be there or there abouts on a former track, and I cannot believe Brady will get one again. All in all looks like a good close match hoping we can muster at least a point.

How did he do that? :shock: :shock:

That was closer than I expected. Nico Covatti can guest for us any time imo.

No Compton today ?

Stomach problem, apparently.

No Compton today ?

stomach bug according to Roy on centre green

I know we lost, but it was still cracking entertainment. I did think more fans would have come to watch the mighty Somerset with the return of Richie though. Suppose the armchair critics will be on their band wagon soon bemoaning a home defeat, but with Anton and Christian back fit I think the weak link will only be Neilsen. Maybe harsh on the lad, but maybe we should take advantage of his current average before it drops any lower and make a change. For instance where is Tero Aarnio these days?

I know we lost, but it was still cracking entertainment. I did think more fans would have come to watch the mighty Somerset with the return of Richie though. Suppose the armchair critics will be on their band wagon soon bemoaning a home defeat, but with Anton and Christian back fit I think the weak link will only be Neilsen. Maybe harsh on the lad, but maybe we should take advantage of his current average before it drops any lower and make a change. For instance where is Tero Aarnio these days?

I'll remain an armchair cirtic thanks and by the sounds of it there are plenty more out there also. The team is just not strong enough and crowds won't come to watch a struggling team whose season is finished at the start of June. That's just the way it is when competing against other sports and other interests you need a competitive team and this one isn't. I've got an interest from years gone by but I wouldn't fork out my hard earned cash to watch the team as it is and there are obviously numerous others feel the say way. If you don't like that so bit it, but it's not going to get me back.

yeah,,, maybe time to batten down the hatches, as a precaution :-(

dunno where Tero is, but I hope it's a good hiding place ;-)

• Like 1