British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Coventry Bees 17/6/15

Well with feelings still running high after the rain affected meeting at Brandon,the Pirates and the Bees go into battle once more.

Coventry no doubt will be looking to get revenge and come away with their second win at Wimborne Road.

Both teams are evenly matched but Poole should have Maciej Janowski riding instead of Richard Lawson this time around.

Second strings and reserves could tip the balance and with Garrity and Sargeant going well Poole will need Newman and Starke to be on the gas.

Thoughts?

Coventry may be without Hans Andersen as aren't his Danish team riding the same day?

Edited by mdmc82

Well with feelings still running high after the rain affected meeting at Brandon,the Pirates and the Bees go into battle once more.

Coventry no doubt will be looking to get revenge and come away with their second win at Wimborne Road.

Both teams are evenly matched but Poole should have Maciej Janowski riding instead of Richard Lawson this time around.

Second strings and reserves could tip the balance and with Garrity and Sargeant going well Poole will need Newman and Starke to be on the gas.

Thoughts?

Newman will be well above Sarjeant and Garrity's level at home...........Starke on his day is excellent...................Garrity had better behave and not try and take Newman out at every opportunity.....................Garrity is a liability on a bike when he rides against Newman...........

Saying that every time I have watched Garrity he has been a liability on a bike................

RP

Newman will be well above Sarjeant and Garrity's level at home...........Starke on his day is excellent...................Garrity had better behave and not try and take Newman out at every opportunity.....................Garrity is a liability on a bike when he rides against Newman...........

Saying that every time I have watched Garrity he has been a liability on a bike................

RP

Yet Newman crashes in every meeting I ever see him ride (EL or PL) and seems to spend half his life injured!

• Like 2

Yet Newman crashes in every meeting I ever see him ride (EL or PL) and seems to spend half his life injured!

I was thinking the same. Good rider but very reckless on the bike lately.

Coventry may be without Hans Andersen as aren't his Danish team riding the same day?

Could do with some confirmation on this as I can cancel my day off and go to Brum V Storm, which will no doubt be a much better meeting anyway.

• Like 1

Could do with some confirmation on this as I can cancel my day off and go to Brum V Storm, which will no doubt be a much better meeting anyway.

Good point. Unfortunately you know as well as I do that it will most likely be Tue before we find out

I'm looking forward traveling down to this one, on paper should be a cracker

I am not disputing Newman crashes but he never deliberately sets out to take someone out literally.................which Garrity does.............

RP

Given that both teams have won the away matches it's got to be 41-49!

• Like 1

I am not disputing Newman crashes but he never deliberately sets out to take someone out literally.................which Garrity does.............

RP

Garrity never sets out to take other riders off unlike some riders. Didn't move up to top of the tier 1 ranking by always coming off.

• Like 1

Garrity never sets out to take other riders off unlike some riders. Didn't move up to top of the tier 1 ranking by always coming off.

Try telling that to Kyle Newman..............he will tell you otherwise about Garrity..............

RP

• Like 1

Try telling that to Kyle Newman..............he will tell you otherwise about Garrity..............

RP

And if you speak to Garrity or Sarjeant I'm sure they would say the same about Newman

• Like 1

I see the usual suspect has already started to saturate yet another thread with the usual opinionated and tiresome posts :angry:

I'm very much looking forward to this meeting with plenty of pride at stake and hopefully, Poole should just shade it by around 6-8 points.

• Like 2

Poole to win this one easily. Bomber and King will still be licking their wounds from a poor performance in the SWC race off and Poole will have Magic riding so I think it will be 52-38.

Edited by Steve0