British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

I don't think I've read may observations on this thread that aren't clouded by personal opinions of the riders involved.

I recognised that in myself as I watched it last night, and fell about laughing.

I think they call it Karma.

It looked to me (i.e. none of this "FACT" spouting nonsense, just an opinion ) from the 3 views I've seen that Niki did fence him. Or at the very least give him no room as he tried to pass between Niki and the fence.

I also agree that Sundstrom's antics last week were worse but perhaps because he is a bit less practiced at it than Niki.

As for Pedersen being potentially injured by Greg, I'm not sure how a 45 year old man jumping over your handlebars competes with being ditched into a fence at the end of the corner where the air fence runs out.

Nicki was the one doing the passing !!!. so where have you had the idea that Hancock tried to pass between him and the fence , did you see Nicki make contact and push him into the fence ?

You mean they didn't let him win in 97?

I find that hard to believe :rolleyes:

Still missing the point.

It's explained.... and if you opened your eyes you would see it.

WELL, Greg is at hospital today and Nicki has told him to stop being a cry baby.

Exactly where I'd be today If I had done what he did, I would think Sympathy Is his only hope of mitigation , since the crime was committed in public and is now being debated by millions on social media ..

• Like 1

Huge fan of Greg on and off track but if he got a ban for his actions against pederson I would have no complaints as what he did was 100% Wrong.

• Like 3

Nicki was the one doing the passing !!!. so where have you had the idea that Hancock tried to pass between him and the fence , did you see Nicki make contact and push him into the fence ?

Just describing how it looked as Greg tried to race the outside line, NP on the inside, and he simply left him no where to go except the fence.

That is certainly how it looked to me.

I would analyse some more of Niki's scraps but I fear the season might be over by the time I finished.

Exactly where I'd be today If I had done what he did, I would think Sympathy Is his only hope of mitigation , since the crime was committed in public and is now being debated by millions on social media ..

Millions :rofl: good one, if only speedway was that popular !

• Like 1

No you've missed the point. No rider just lets someone else win, especially in the GPs. You obviously just dont like Hancock.

I don't mind Hancock. He's just another rider to me.

I am pointing out, and I know others agree as they have mentioned it themselves. Riders do not push Hancock. He is always given much more racing room, he rarely has hard moves pulled on him and is rarely given elbows. All things that the other riders do to each other in each and every GP.

That makes things a hell of a lot easier. Of course he has to have the talent and ability as well.

Still missing the point.

It's explained.... and if you opened your eyes you would see it.

It's only your blinkered version, which I think I'll choose to dismiss thanks.

• Like 1

Just describing how it looked as Greg tried to race the outside line, NP on the inside, and he simply left him no where to go except the fence.

That is certainly how it looked to me.

I would analyse some more of Niki's scraps but I fear the season might be over by the time I finished.

but you said greg hit the fence as nicki left him nowhere to go . I cant see how he managed to do that since he actually passed greg on the inside and unless he actually contacted greg how did he manage to move him to the fence . greg was on his chosen path and nicki passed him . and this Is not a sexual abuse case , so historic evidence has no place here

All these gullible fools (riders) that fawn over Hancock

Hancock has them right where he wants them.

They don't push him on track, must give the nice old guy all the room in the world.

Net result? Greg wins World Title/s.

Rickardsson, Crump etc wouldn't give him so much respect.

It was interesting that in the World Cup some of the younger kids didn't pay him so much heed.. and breezed past him.

correct

WELL, Greg is at hospital today and Nicki has told him to stop being a cry baby.

Bruised forearm from hitting Pedersens helmet.

I've seen Hancock pull worse moves on Nicki. The difference was Nicki dusted himself off, had a bit of a rant, then said it was just racing.

• Like 4

I din't think it was a particularly bad one, sure he didn't leave too much room but I have seen a lot worse.

• Like 2

It's only your blinkered version, which I think I'll choose to dismiss thanks.

Nothing blinkered.

The Monster Boys don't push Greg in GP's.

Truth hurts, but that's the reality.

• Like 3

All these gullible fools (riders) that fawn over Hancock

Hancock has them right where he wants them.

They don't push him on track, must give the nice old guy all the room in the world.

Net result? Greg wins World Title/s.

Rickardsson, Crump etc wouldn't give him so much respect.

It was interesting that in the World Cup some of the younger kids didn't pay him so much heed.. and breezed past him.

nonsense.

• Like 2