British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

The more I read the statement from Hancock and look at his Twitter feed the more I an convinced we have someone playing for sympathy, playing the victim. I have just had a look through Greg's Twitter timeline for the last month, and his posts of yesterday seem very deliberate and different compared to the tweets of the previous month which are all bikes and speedway.

Edited by TheReturn
  • Like 2

To start with not a fan of either rider but it was a typical Pedersen move ( its a fair move if I do it but its a dangerous move if somebody does it to me).

Did he make contact I cant tell, did he leave Hancock any room not really so the exclusion was probably correct.

What Hancock did after was not acceptable, we've all seen riders squaring up to one another which is usually quite amusing, but that was an actual assult which should have led to a ban.

If riders feel that Pedersens riding is unacceptable then take it up with the authorities not on the track adults understand why but not impressionble kids.

Finally if the roles had been reversed how many pages would we have had calling for Pedersen to be hung drawn and quartered.

• Like 2

BETTER to take retribution off the track than on it.

A most startling and disturbing point of view.

Edited by Grand Central
  • Like 4

IMO Hancock was out of order and has rightly been fined for his behaviour (great to watch though :) ). As far as Nicki goes, Nicki p does what nicki P does and sod everyone else. Im sure hes in a number of riders 'little black books' and sooner or later he'll reap the 'rewards' of his on track exploits. As has been posted before there have been far harder and dirtier riders in the past, its not a new thing. My only issue with Pedersen is that in all the times ive seen him off another rider ive never once seen him go back round to see if his victim is ok.

BETTER to take retribution off the track than on it.

So you don't think all this discussion is great for the sport? You can't buy this promotion!

IMO Hancock was out of order and has rightly been fined for his behaviour (great to watch though :) ). As far as Nicki goes, Nicki p does what nicki P does and sod everyone else. Im sure hes in a number of riders 'little black books' and sooner or later he'll reap the 'rewards' of his on track exploits. As has been posted before there have been far harder and dirtier riders in the past, its not a new thing. My only issue with Pedersen is that in all the times ive seen him off another rider ive never once seen him go back round to see if his victim is ok.

Perhaps he was coming round to see how Greg was and offer an apology and a lift back to the pits?

We will never know now as Greg decided to flatten him whilst still in motion :)

superb wrestling take down on the tool. no rider deservers to be on the wrong end of pederson.

Sigh.

No it wasn''t a 'superb wrestling take down'.

It was an awful one as the result of it was Hancock flat on his back with Pedersen on top of him... if you're talking Olympic wrestling, Hancock has just lost. Judo... Hancock has just lost.. and if you want to discuss a UFC style of fight Hancock is now in position to be pounded on.

All round it was a totally flawed attempt at retribution from Hancock and he was only rescued by his buddies.

• Like 1

Have the amount of GP's that the top riders race in these days, altered the whole attitude of modern era speedway. Nikki will do what ever he can to get to the front, even if it means taking out his own team mate, or pushing him off line to get in front.

A personally think that with them riding all these individual meeings hey have tottaly lost the art of what the sport is ment to be, because when they get to race wihin the team system of the sport, all they are noe interested in is getting the win at all cost, there is no regard a all for their team mate.

How many top riders can actully race with their team mate instead of against him, very few.

One rider who has team riding of to an art is Greg, he will take the inside line to help his own team mate secure a win, with no going storming off, and then having his team lose poins because he failed his own rider. The modern era of speedway has now urned into a very selfish sport.

One rider who sands out amonst the younger riders and one rider who I have pointed out on the forums for his stupid behaviour off the track is Darcy Ward. The amount of times I have seen him riding with Chris Holder, who is clueless, about tem riding, with Darcy rying all out to help him, with him slowing down and taking the inside line only for Holder to follow in his wheel racks, wih Darcy throwing his arms up in disgust at Holders riding.

Yes the days of team riding is a dying art.

Nikki would never think twice about cutting up his team mate to get to the front and get the win. This is the attitude of a great number of modern day riders. The Danes seem to excel in this with most of their riders have his I must win at all cost attitude.

I still think this boils down o the fact, that they race far to many individual metting in a season, so when it comes the time to ride in a team, they can't get out of the fact that they are no longer riding alone, but with another rider who is here with them to score enough points to win a meeting. One rider can' do that on his own, he needs to get his team mate to score as many points as he can, you can't do that by blasting away in front and being half a lap away from the rest of the action, with your team mate being taken to he rear by the other teams riders. After all when they go out they go out as a team not 2 sepearate riders, who are out to score the win.

There are 2 forms of speedway individual and team riding and the riders should be able to swap from one style of riding to the other, but they fail to do so. As I said it is far to selfish these days, with the I mos win at all costs.

• Like 1

So you don't think all this discussion is great for the sport? You can't buy this promotion!

I DIDN'T say that and agree with your last comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDhVCWiWCvs

This video is amusing...

Hancock wipes someone out, the woman decides another rider rode into Greg!

Who's there checking they are ok?

Ok your rants about Hancock are getting beyond the pale. If you think that was Greg wiping someone out than all I can suggest is you don't see a lot of speedway.

He moved over as Vaculik was about to chop back. Its a racing incident where Greg was at fault happens all the time.

This whole thread has been taken over by people who either:

a. cant stand Hancock (bwitcher)

b. cant stand Nicki (that idiot from poole arya)

The posts from these 2 should be ignored as they don't have the intellect to debate it seems, and in Bwitchers case said the incident was 50/50 as to who should be excluded lol

From an impartial point of view Nicki Pedersen has had it coming to him for a long time.

This incident wasn't that hard compared to the other stuff he has done throughout his career but it was the straw that broke the camels back the other riders are fed up with his antics.

It was a shock it was Hancock who did it to be fair but they have got previous.

Hancock himself was out of order and the statement afterwards didn't show him in a good light.

I do like the posts about the other riders giving Greg an easy time!!! What a load of old tosh!

He makes the starts and when on song they don't get near him

If he is caught he doesn't battle and doesn't ride dirty and leaves riders room so no you wont see a lot of elbows flying when people pass him.

But whatever way you look at it Nicki is box office and are people going to Cardiff wanting to see Nicki or Greg? Nicki I would say.

• Like 1

A most startling and disturbing point of view.

SO you would rather see riders try to fence Pedersen? And believe me it has been talked about. That was my point.

Have the amount of GP's that the top riders race in these days, altered the whole attitude of modern era speedway. Nikki will do what ever he can to get to the front, even if it means taking out his own team mate, or pushing him off line to get in front.

A personally think that with them riding all these individual meeings hey have tottaly lost the art of what the sport is ment to be, because when they get to race wihin the team system of the sport, all they are noe interested in is getting the win at all cost, there is no regard a all for their team mate.

How many top riders can actully race with their team mate instead of against him, very few.

One rider who has team riding of to an art is Greg, he will take the inside line to help his own team mate secure a win, with no going storming off, and then having his team lose poins because he failed his own rider. The modern era of speedway has now urned into a very selfish sport.

One rider who sands out amonst the younger riders and one rider who I have pointed out on the forums for his stupid behaviour off the track is Darcy Ward. The amount of times I have seen him riding with Chris Holder, who is clueless, about tem riding, with Darcy rying all out to help him, with him slowing down and taking the inside line only for Holder to follow in his wheel racks, wih Darcy throwing his arms up in disgust at Holders riding.

Yes the days of team riding is a dying art.

Nikki would never think twice about cutting up his team mate to get to the front and get the win. This is the attitude of a great number of modern day riders. The Danes seem to excel in this with most of their riders have his I must win at all cost attitude.

I still think this boils down o the fact, that they race far to many individual metting in a season, so when it comes the time to ride in a team, they can't get out of the fact that they are no longer riding alone, but with another rider who is here with them to score enough points to win a meeting. One rider can' do that on his own, he needs to get his team mate to score as many points as he can, you can't do that by blasting away in front and being half a lap away from the rest of the action, with your team mate being taken to he rear by the other teams riders. After all when they go out they go out as a team not 2 sepearate riders, who are out to score the win.

There are 2 forms of speedway individual and team riding and the riders should be able to swap from one style of riding to the other, but they fail to do so. As I said it is far to selfish these days, with the I mos win at all costs.

Great post.

SO you would rather see riders try to fence Pedersen? And believe me it has been talked about. That was my point.

Do not put words into my mouth.

You used the word retribution.

And you stated that you felt it should happen off track.

I still find that both startling and dusturbing.