British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

Sigh, resorting to veiled threats of violence.

Little wonder you support your buddy Greg.

Greg doesn't even start running until Nicki is almost all the way back round to him, why is Nicki going to 'get off his bike' before then?

You see perhaps Nicki doesn't consider fighting an appropriate way to go about things? Some call him a coward, I call him sensible.

Never thought I'd see those two words in the same sentence. :rofl:

The pedant in me really wants to point out they're not in the same sentence.....lol

One thing for sure, the footage of Greg running and launching himself into Nicki, is bound to be used for a "what happened next" proggie. Bet nobody gets's answer A.

If I ever see crap like that again, it will be my last visit to speedway. All rather contrived but Swindon need a #1. Can Middlo make Darcy's Swindon parties as an OAP guest s he is usually there...

If I ever see crap like that again, it will be my last visit to speedway. All rather contrived but Swindon need a #1. Can Middlo make Darcy's Swindon parties as an OAP guest s he is usually there...

I think someone may have had a 'whiff of the barmaids apron'.

And then stumbled into the wrong room

• Like 2

Are you starman's less intelligent twin? Do you know what "national" means? And are you aware that Sweden is not in Britain?

Point acknowledged everyone about my posting, but the point was there is a governing body to complain to about the individual actions of riders.

Sadly, we miss the opportunity to make any real impact on riders (and don't give me any wasted posting about 'Human rights', when I say, give extended bans to those who step over the line, the UK is likely to withdraw from this farcical law in due course).

I'm seriously considering going through the process of obtaining a League Referee's Licence if only to impose some justice to some of the riders I whine about during the season. I'll be happy to 'kick em out of a meeting'. Bring it on. lol

I think this is an argument that will just go round in circles .....it's obvious many people seem to dislike Nicki Pedersen so if Greg Hancock had produced a shotgun and shot him at point blank rage you'd still get people on here defending him !...so people aren't going to change their minds..

I've no agenda with either rider so all my comments are from watching the incident and seeing the responses....I think the incident has many comments that are judging their opinions of the riders involved rather than the incident itself

• Like 5

I hope tht when the day arrives, for the British GP, that all the riders have cooled down. Nikki needs to think a little bit more about his fellow riders, and the other riders also need to calm down some, what happened the other night has now gone, I hope that we see no revenge extracted by any rider, as doing so is otally wrong. We don't need to see any rider, pushed into the fence, because one of these days it will end very bad.

So I hope that all this talk is forgoten and they come out and ride a good meting. Any rider who pushes another in the fence at the up coming one or any others for that mater, should be taken out of the meeting and also given a 2 or 3 match ban.

It has to be stopped

The SCB seeks to act as the independent body to ensure that the BSPA, Member’s Tracks, Riders and Officials all act within the Rules and Regulations of the SCB and most importantly within the best interest of Speedway motorcycle racing.

The SCB each year produces a Rule Book known as the Speedway Regulations which covers all aspects of the National sport including the general rules of the Auto Cycle Union (disciplinary), the BSPA Rules (Team Formations, Meeting Rules) as well as Regulations concerning Technical, Medical and other Legislative matters.

I think they might have something to say about it BWitcher don't you!

You'll be campaigning for Jerran Hart to be released, next. :wink:

• Like 5

never heard such a load of biased twaddle in all my life

non of which was fact either,,,

There is a lot of irrelevant stuff being posted here....and it all stems down to it being a pantomime.....Greg Hancock = the good guy..yay........Nicki Pedersen = the villain....boo, hiss

That's is how people are judging this....they are judging the riders and not the incident.......and as for the comment that Greg Hancock is universally liked and Nick Pedersen is universally hated and so Pedersen adds no fans to attendances , well that's just twaddle..........I've no doubt Hancock is a nicer guy than Pedersen....I've no doubt that most riders get on with Hancock more than Pedersen....I've no doubt most supporters like Hancock better.......but I've also no doubt who most supporters would actually want to pay to watch ....and that's not Greg Hancock...love him or loathe him Pedersen is more box office than Hancock

• Like 7

I think this is an argument that will just go round in circles .....it's obvious many people seem to dislike Nicki Pedersen so if Greg Hancock had produced a shotgun and shot him at point blank rage you'd still get people on here defending him !...so people aren't going to change their minds..

I've no agenda with either rider so all my comments are from watching the incident and seeing the responses....I think the incident has many comments that are judging their opinions of the riders involved rather than the incident itself

That was funny :) They would NEVER have gotten that on QOS :)

I like Greg a lot and can't abide Nicki but the bigger crime was Greg's and he should have been punished properly for it.

Hopefully things will have calmed down for Cardiff as we don't want to see the retribution scenario that idiot Rising was babbling on about.

If Nicki gets injured at Cardiff because of someone taking revenge or simply an innocent racing incident as you said his foolish boast will come back to haunt him.

One thing is certain a lot of people will be waiting with interest for the next time they race together.

It's a bit like when Jack Millen came to town. A bit of niggle is good for the sport as long as nobody takes it too far.

Hancock made a dick of himself and if he watches the replay will realise that it was not that bad in the scheme of things and a bit of an over reaction from him.

Or maybe he won't.

Cardiff will be very interesting with the potential for 3 clashes of Hancock/Pedersen.

Should be a lively couple of hours.

• Like 2

Maybe Nicki should try and get sponsored by 'marmite',,, :-)

and Greg by 'dulux' or sumink,,, :-(

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

There is a lot of irrelevant stuff being posted here....and it all stems down to it being a pantomime.....Greg Hancock = the good guy..yay........Nicki Pedersen = the villain....boo, hiss

That's is how people are judging this....they are judging the riders and not the incident.......and as for the comment that Greg Hancock is universally liked and Nick Pedersen is universally hated and so Pedersen adds no fans to attendances , well that's just twaddle..........I've no doubt Hancock is a nicer guy than Pedersen....I've no doubt that most riders get on with Hancock more than Pedersen....I've no doubt most supporters like Hancock better.......but I've also no doubt who most supporters would actually want to pay to watch ....and that's not Greg Hancock...love him or loathe him Pedersen is more box office than Hancock

I love watching Nicki on the TV leagues in Poland, Sweden and Denmark he is a great rider and exciting to watch.

I like watching Greg too but he is not as much a draw as Nicki.

I am sure someone likes Nicki and that Greg is not universally liked by all speedway fans.

he is a nice bloke and comes across well on TV whilst Nicki blames everybody and never accepts he did wrong but I would argue Nicki puts more bums on seats than Greg but have no basis to prove that of course anymore than those who argue the opposite :)