British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Dilemma Of Greg Hancock

SO you would rather see riders try to fence Pedersen? And believe me it has been talked about. That was my point.

Then those riders are worse than anything Nicki has done, because they would choose to do it deliberate, they are setting out with intent. Perhaps if you have heard riders discussing it you should name them Philip.

• Like 1

SO you would rather see riders try to fence Pedersen? And believe me it has been talked about. That was my point.

He never said that at all ...you said that it's was better to do what Hancock did than do it on the track ...the bottom line is you should not be doing none of them . Your post suggest than it's ok to go around hitting people .

• Like 3

Ok your rants about Hancock are getting beyond the pale. If you think that was Greg wiping someone out than all I can suggest is you don't see a lot of speedway.

He moved over as Vaculik was about to chop back. Its a racing incident where Greg was at fault happens all the time.

This whole thread has been taken over by people who either:

a. cant stand Hancock (bwitcher)

b. cant stand Nicki (that idiot from poole arya)

The posts from these 2 should be ignored as they don't have the intellect to debate it seems, and in Bwitchers case said the incident was 50/50 as to who should be excluded lol

From an impartial point of view Nicki Pedersen has had it coming to him for a long time.

This incident wasn't that hard compared to the other stuff he has done throughout his career but it was the straw that broke the camels back the other riders are fed up with his antics.

It was a shock it was Hancock who did it to be fair but they have got previous.

Hancock himself was out of order and the statement afterwards didn't show him in a good light.

I do like the posts about the other riders giving Greg an easy time!!! What a load of old tosh!

He makes the starts and when on song they don't get near him

If he is caught he doesn't battle and doesn't ride dirty and leaves riders room so no you wont see a lot of elbows flying when people pass him.

But whatever way you look at it Nicki is box office and are people going to Cardiff wanting to see Nicki or Greg? Nicki I would say.

The forum was a decent place for a week or two..

Sadly you're back.

The purpose of the Hancock video was two-fold. One to show that accidents happen, even involving Greg. Had that been Nicki on the inside people WOULD be claiming he'd wiped him out.

Secondly, it has been stated that Nicki never checks on the well being of riders a few times.. there's evidence he does.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

Then those riders are worse than anything Nicki has done, because they would choose to do it deliberate, they are setting out with intent. Perhaps if you have heard riders discussing it you should name them Philip.

BUT they haven't chosen to do it and no, I wouldn't name them

What I'm finding quite interesting about this thread is discovering the multitude of ways there are of spelling Nicki.

So far we've had Nikki, Nicky and Niki.

Personally I spell it t o e r a g. ;)

• Like 1

Off topic but it's a sad reflection of this forum, and possibly the sport as a whole that this thread has 337 posts and the thread about Ben Barker who has 3 broken vertebrae has only 25

• Like 5

He never said that at all ...you said that it's was better to do what Hancock did than do it on the track ...the bottom line is you should not be doing none of them . Your post suggest than it's ok to go around hitting people .

THE lesser of two evils ... not condoning it but I understand it. Quite often when I see a rash and dangerous tackle on a soccer pitch and the victim is the one sent off for retaliation I know where my sympathies lay. There would be no need for retaliation if the 'crime' wasn't committed in the first place.

• Like 2

Off topic but it's a sad reflection of this forum, and possibly the sport as a whole that this thread has 337 posts and the thread about Ben Barker who has 3 broken vertebrae has only 25

I see this kind of post a lot, but it's totally irrelevant and has no reflection on the forum at all.

This is a thread with varying opinions over a subject that can be debated.

Ben Barker's is an injury, there is nothing to debate. It's a sad, unfortunate injury but not something that is going to generate a lot of discussion.

• Like 4

BUT they haven't chosen to do it and no, I wouldn't name them

Maybe they should join the Speedway Riders Assoc or even form their own association and make representations to the authorities of the various leagues and the GPs. Surely that's the adult way to do it?

I see this kind of post a lot, but it's totally irrelevant and has no reflection on the forum at all.

This is a thread with varying opinions over a subject that can be debated.

Ben Barker's is an injury, there is nothing to debate. It's a sad, unfortunate injury but not something that is going to generate a lot of discussion.

Whilst I agree with your last sentence, very few on this thread have made the very small effort required to sent best wishes etc for his recovery.

THE lesser of two evils ... not condoning it but I understand it. Quite often when I see a rash and dangerous tackle on a soccer pitch and the victim is the one sent off for retaliation I know where my sympathies lay. There would be no need for retaliation if the 'crime' wasn't committed in the first place.

The bottom line your not allowed to do it ...if you commit a foul in football it's dealt with by the ref but if were to get up punch someone and say break there jaw you likely to end up in prison ..

Quite often when I see a rash and dangerous tackle on a soccer pitch and the victim is the one sent off for retaliation I know where my sympathies lay. There would be no need for retaliation if the 'crime' wasn't committed in the first place.

What do you think about what Hancock did and his website statement?

Philip Rising was in the Ward camp and now he's in the Hancock camp, not surprised one bit.

I have even less respect for him now, if that is at all possible!

I didn't actually mind Greg Hancock before, but he hasn't half shown his true colours. What a little weasel....

• Like 2

The bottom line your not allowed to do it ...if you commit a foul in football it's dealt with by the ref but if were to get up punch someone and say break there jaw you likely to end up in prison ..

AND if I'm riding down the road and get knocked off and break my leg but still manage to hit out at the guy causing the accident who is the one that's get punished? Me probably. Is that right?