British Speedway Forum
stevethelion

Coventry V Leicester 19/6/15

never been a fan of his

That's fair enough you entitled to that opinion. He was obviously poor tonight so can't disagree with you, I suppose I just like to see a bit of fair play when it comes to praise and stick.

Hans Andersen! Luckily for us, we had a great guest and we had the strength in depth to cover for Bomber and Andersen and a poor Leicester team!

If we had options I'd be saying to Andersen, ship in, or ship out. How many meetings this year has he let us down? Not to mention the play offs last season

! Not good enough ........

He has been very poor but id keep Hans, he SHOULD clean up as a 2nd string next month.

Yet another load of rubbish when are we going to get a proper leicester lions team lets drop back to more entertaining leauge and mr Hensley for gods sake wake up

No lets stay and support the efforts being made to ensure top flight speedway remains in Leicester and recognise that to make progress takes time to build a strong and reliable team. I remember at the start of the season the Lions looked strong enough to be more than capable of being well away from the footof the table. but as we all now know some of those riders were not in it for the season and we need to recognise it is just not that easy to rebuild once the season has started. throw in the injuries we have had plus the Bridger situation is there no wonder the Lions have struggled. but those matters are in the past and I applaude the efforts of the riders & promoters to come through all of the challenges and move on to more positive outcomes which dropping to the PL is not one of them.

As I said in another post, I am sure someone at the Lions has killed a black cat or something like that, because if anything could have gone wrong his year as with last year, it has happened. 2 riders who may has well have stayed at home instead of signing for a British team, there heart was never in it, then the Bridger signing plus all the injuries.

Lets hope that with the new signing that we can now come back into winning ways, but please until the 2 reserves come back, don't lets have a pick like the 2 we had last night. How the hell Hall got into the FTRD I just can't figure that one at all, thought it was to develop the young riders not some old cart horse, but it is wrong when teams like Cov and plenty of other teams in the EL are running riders in reserve placings that should be in the main team placing bewilders me.

It shows again that having 2 reserves that go out there and win a meeting for you must and very quickly have the rules changed, as to who they are using in the reserve postitions.

I thought it was to develop the young riders not some old cart horse, but it is wrong when teams like Cov and plenty of other teams in the EL are running riders in reserve placings that should be in the main team placing bewilders me.

It shows again that having 2 reserves that go out there and win a meeting for you must and very quickly have the rules changed, as to who they are using in the reserve postitions.

Leicester had a strong pick in the draft in Auty who has ridden in the top 5 of teams and had lots of EL experience so not really sure comments can be made about other teams running riders in reserve spots that should be in the main body of the team. Auty was one of the best reserves in the EL at the start of the season and was at one point top of the draft list until he dipped in form.

Havelock puts a lot of time and effort in with both of our reserves and offers advise and that really showed last year as the season progressed.

The biggest problem with the draft list is when a rider gets injured. Sarjeant is the best rider in tier 2 and we were lucky Bates was available last night, but last time he was missing we had to use Connor Mountain & Darryl Ritchings who are at the bottom of the list due to no riders being available. Sadly it looks like we could end up in a similar situation Monday.

Leicester had the same problem with Auty last night with their being no like for like replacements for him due to lack of availability.

Another poor performance by Andersen, how much longer can we carry him? The reserves are winning the matches for us.

Not sure if they will make a change now but can't see us winning the league with a poor No.1

Robbo had a good meeting and at least battled for his points

I went to the meeting expecting nothing!! But credit to the lions they kept It close up to heat 11. We just needed 1 more of our top 5 to pick up points and I think we could of got a point or maybe even a draw?

• Like 1

Another poor performance by Andersen, how much longer can we carry him? The reserves are winning the matches for us.

Not sure if they will make a change now but can't see us winning the league with a poor No.1

Robbo had a good meeting and at least battled for his points

He most likely won't be at number one next month so hopefully should score big points as a 2nd string. More pressure on Harris, JK or King though as one of those would have to ride at No 1. Edited by mdmc82

That's fair enough you entitled to that opinion. He was obviously poor tonight so can't disagree with you, I suppose I just like to see a bit of fair play when it comes to praise and stick.

He has been very poor but id keep Hans, he SHOULD clean up as a 2nd string next month.

Not so sure about that because he's lost to plenty of second strings recently...!!! He's scored 4 points or below in 6 out of the last 8 EL meetings..!! He's only won 15 races in our 16 EL meetings so far this season and his average has dropped over 2pts from the start of the season to 6.43. Not poor for your number 1 I'd have said abysmal.

Edited by Had
  • Like 2

He most likely won't be at number one next month so hopefully should score big points as a 2nd string. More pressure on Harris, JK or King though as one of those would have to ride at No 1.[/quote

He can't beat any second strings in heat one, so why would he suddenly start to clean up. He should try turning the throttle on instead of free wheeling into bends. He is a discrace at the minute

• Like 1

Get rid of Hans then. I'm sure he will struggle to find a team willing to take a chance on him with a 6.4 average.

Get rid of Hans then. I'm sure he will struggle to find a team willing to take a chance on him with a 6.4 average.

Not sure where some fans think we are going to find a number 1 from. Be better to stick with Hans

Not sure where some fans think we are going to find a number 1 from. Be better to stick with Hans

.....weatherwatcher......As I said in another post, I am sure someone at the Lions has killed a black cat or something like that......

Perhaps if they'd allow a black Dog to attend their luck might change. :wink:

• Like 1

Perhaps if they'd allow a black Dog to attend their luck might change. :wink:

😂😂 Brilliant post Gemini. Lol

Hans Andersen! Luckily for us, we had a great guest and we had the strength in depth to cover for Bomber and Andersen and a poor Leicester team!

If we had options I'd be saying to Andersen, ship in, or ship out. How many meetings this year has he let us down? Not to mention the play offs last season

You don't have to be. But to dig at him, for a rare off night for the Bees, is low

You don't have to be. But to dig at him, for a rare off night for the Bees, is low

With regard to Bomber I reckon most teams would want him in their lineups.

You can't fault his effort,maybe if you don't want him we Lions would

Edited by Shirl

Not so sure about that because he's lost to plenty of second strings recently...!!! He's scored 4 points or below in 6 out of the last 8 EL meetings..!! He's only won 15 races in our 16 EL meetings so far this season and his average has dropped over 2pts from the start of the season to 6.43. Not poor for your number 1 I'd have said abysmal.

But he will face reserves too, it's worked for other heat leaders who have also struggled (Holder). It would be crazy to drop Hans now he will be in the 2nd string position, your only going to replace him with another 2nd string. Best to replace Robbo with the 6.6 we have available. Zmarzlik would be nice!

• Like 1