British Speedway Forum
TurnTwo

It First Eagles V Surestop Brummies Ko Cup 21st June

Still think they should do 4 races as quick as you like; then a proper grade. Do four more races and do proper grade and then after ht 12 have interval for more grading.

You do seem to get more spills in NL but the referees need to keep their finger on the button during that four-race spell of racing.

You have to declare a number 8 as part of your team but he doesn't have to turn up for meetings. Its purely down to the management who is declared as a number 8 for a meeting. Or you can use another teams, like Cradley used King's Lynn's number 8 today! Also if a number 8 is declared in a meeting he can only take R/R rides.

Thanks for the info on this. I always thought a number 8 could take R/R rides or cover for the rides of any rider if they became injured during the meeting?

Thanks for the info on this. I always thought a number 8 could take R/R rides or cover for the rides of any rider if they became injured during the meeting?

There are two types of number 8.

• The one NL teams have to declared in their 1-8. They seem totally pointless to me.
  • When using R/R a team in any league can name a number 8 (who from memory do not have an average over 3 in that league) who can take any R/R rides (but no others)

You do not in the NL, have to use your 1st type of number 8 as the 2nd kind and can use any rider as the 2nd type!

Only in speedway eh?