British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Most Secret Speedway Meeting Ever

Here's an idea , please dont shoot me for Airing it :lol: qualifiers !! 24 riders Thursday evening decides the 16 for Saturday , as they do in Moto Gp . can't see any drawbacks myself .

• Like 1

i heard it was new material for the new 007 movie. top secret. 16 British riders ? .. where have they all come from ? :t:

as they do in Moto GP ????? Didnt know there were qualifying days for Moto GP. When did that come in?

Bwitcher- I take it the gp riders aren't allowed to ride the track before the gp takes place. Is that a fim ruling? Looks like that wont work if it is the case. What about the pairs? Would save fans travelling about between somerset and cardiff.

as they do in Moto GP ????? Didnt know there were qualifying days for Moto GP. When did that come in?

been around for years

Bwitcher- I take it the gp riders aren't allowed to ride the track before the gp takes place. Is that a fim ruling? Looks like that wont work if it is the case. What about the pairs? Would save fans travelling about between somerset and cardiff.

prefer the pairs to remain in the domain of british speedway and any profit to wind up in the bank of a british promoter Not Bsi

Edited by speedibee
  • Like 1

5000 people at Cardiff would be crap. As would 10,000 people. This about this for a second, Wales play their football games at the Cardiff City football stadium because it's not worth opening the Millenium Stadium. Due to the costs of opening for the public there break even figure will be quite high.

If it paid to only have 5,000 people in there then the stadium would be used every weekend with some obscure sport taking place.

Edited by SCB

JUST got home from Cardiff after witnessing the most surreal meeting I have seen with only the sound of the bikes breaking the silence under the Millennium roof.

First, for those who have enquired, the line-up: Kyle Howarth, Lewis Blackbird, Stuart Robson, Robert Lambert, Danny King, Charles Wright, Kyle Newman, Ritchie Worrell, Ashley Birks, Richard Lawson, Jason Garrity, Adam Ellis, Lewis Kerr, Josh Bates, Edward Kennett and Adsam Roynon.

Apparently not one rider turned down the invitation. But then I wouldn't shun the chance for a round at Augusta.

And the good news: the track was excellent. I walked round before the start and it was very different to Warsaw or Cardiff two years ago. Spongy yes, because these temporary tracks always are, but much harder than in Poland and that must be because the material was in perfect condition when being laid.

For the next 10 days it will be constantly monitored, the roof will probably remain shut although if the weather is perfect it may open for a while so I'm told.

Next use will be on Thursday, July 2 for some media social media work by Kelvin Tatum.

Obviously being able to access the stadium a week earlier than usual has been a big plus but, of course, that isn't always possible.

Riders had two new tyres, free fuel and a fee paid by BSI.

The meeting was actually run under the auspices of the SCB because the FIM saw no reason to be involved and for that reason it required a licence promoter. Step forward Colin Pratt!

Expect Cardiff to go without a hitch with an unprecedented 3 weeks to allow plenty of attempts to get a track fit for riding,with an added test meeting thrown in.Expect pats on the back all round,until we get to Horsens,a much stiffer test,a 1st time temporary track with no roof or Melbourne where its likely the track curators will get the usual one shot and not 3 weeks grace as Cardiff.

THINK they will have plenty of time in Melbourne...

• Like 3

JUST got home from Cardiff after witnessing the most surreal meeting I have seen with only the sound of the bikes breaking the silence under the Millennium roof.

First, for those who have enquired, the line-up: Kyle Howarth, Lewis Blackbird, Stuart Robson, Robert Lambert, Danny King, Charles Wright, Kyle Newman, Ritchie Worrell, Ashley Birks, Richard Lawson, Jason Garrity, Adam Ellis, Lewis Kerr, Josh Bates, Edward Kennett and Adsam Roynon.

Apparently not one rider turned down the invitation. But then I wouldn't shun the chance for a round at Augusta.

And the good news: the track was excellent. I walked round before the start and it was very different to Warsaw or Cardiff two years ago. Spongy yes, because these temporary tracks always are, but much harder than in Poland and that must be because the material was in perfect condition when being laid.

For the next 10 days it will be constantly monitored, the roof will probably remain shut although if the weather is perfect it may open for a while so I'm told.

Next use will be on Thursday, July 2 for some media social media work by Kelvin Tatum.

Obviously being able to access the stadium a week earlier than usual has been a big plus but, of course, that isn't always possible.

Riders had two new tyres, free fuel and a fee paid by BSI.

The meeting was actually run under the auspices of the SCB because the FIM saw no reason to be involved and for that reason it required a licence promoter. Step forward Colin Pratt!

THINK they will have plenty of time in Melbourne...

All really good news.

Thanks for passing on the information.

All really good news.

Thanks for passing on the information.

Garrity better hope no one gets injured and leaves a GP space , because he can't ride now

• Like 1

Thanks for the report Phil but the important question is ....... WHO WON ? :lol:

I LEFT before the end to get home to see the bulk of the 20/20 cricket. But it was all academic. No exclusions for tape breaks and so on but from the heats I watched the British lads gave it a real test while being understandably circumspect.

Here's an idea , please dont shoot me for Airing it :lol: qualifiers !! 24 riders Thursday evening decides the 16 for Saturday , as they do in Moto Gp . can't see any drawbacks myself .

For every GP or just Cardiff?