British Speedway Forum
Grand Central

The Most Secret Speedway Meeting Ever

It's good that they can put the track down early and properly test it....you wouldn't get a group doing a stadium gig without a proper sound check would you.....

Very positive comments regarding track which is good news for fans attending.

Oh yes, as opposed to the 50000 who went to Warsaw!

• Like 1

The whole thing sounds positive and can only be good for the sport well done all involved I am the first to have ago at the powers that be but on this occassion I take my hat off to them .I am looking forward to the GP and the track can only be better for this extra effort that has been put in .

hopefully this year will be a good racing track all through the meeting, but lets not forget what has been done this year can only be repeated if a) the stadium is available for the extended time needed. B) the powers that be are prepared to pay for the extended time.

Sounds like a very sensible and good idea, and hopefully the track will be all the better on July 4 because of it.

I hope that Garrity and Lambert somehow get a last-minute call-up and their experience can be put to use.

One request, though. What was the full result of the meeting? There are no details of the result on the Speedway Grand Prix website, where I’d expect to find them.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 1

Sounds like a very sensible and good idea, and hopefully the track will be all the better on July 4 because of it.

I hope that Garrity and Lambert somehow get a last-minute call-up and their experience can be put to use.

One request, though. What was the full result of the meeting? There are no details of the result on the Speedway Grand Prix website, where I’d expect to find them.

All the best

Rob

From what PR told us I don't think that the races were taken too seriously to be taken as proper 'results.

A fee was paid to the riders, not points and prize money so it was not meant to 'matter'.

Tape offences etc were not penalised and there was no 'runoff' etc as positions were not too relevant.

Must have been quite an experience to have attended, and participated in though.

From what PR told us I don't think that the races were taken too seriously to be taken as proper 'results.

A fee was paid to the riders, not points and prize money so it was not meant to 'matter'.

Tape offences etc were not penalised and there was no 'runoff' etc as positions were not too relevant.

Must have been quite an experience to have attended, and participated in though.

Yeah, I know that.

I'd still like to have a butchers at the results, though.

All the best

Rob

On the video you can see all 4 riders in one heat rolling at the start 😂. Good to see it was a success and I'm looking forward to Cardiff more than ever this year.

Yeah, I know that.

I'd still like to have a butchers at the results, though.

All the best

Rob

Fair enough, quite understand.

It's just that I expressed a wish yesterday for just a little extra info.

And everyone rounded on me as if I was traitor-to-the-cause.

What an experience, no crowd.

Must have been like riding at Lakeside.

Oh yes, as opposed to the 50000 who went to Warsaw!

That's Hancocks fault.

BSI have put a short video package of this meeting up on YouTube.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=majPPW-mtQ4&feature=youtu.be

All looks and sounds as good as people have said.

It does looks good and it's a sensible move to have a test event.

My favourite bit is Paul Bellamy at pains to point out "This is not a direct result of Warsaw"

Maybe not. But this costly video producton for PR purposes almost certainly is "a direct result of Warsaw"

• Like 2

Would it be great to have a track like this indoors 52 weeks of the year ( I am only dreaming because of the cost) the sport would open up to a whole new fanbase no rain off's and decent facilicities and less problems with the noise police .

I'm confused (doesn't take much) but by the end it the Cardiff GP the track is pretty much unridable.

Therefore, how will having a pre-meeting make the track better for the actual GP next week?

Alternatively, if they plan to re-lay the track before next week, doesn't that invalidate any testing of the surface done yesterday?