British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
TurnTwo

Eastbourne End Of Season Awards Evening

What is it with clubs being so desperate to announce end of season dos in July? Or May in the case of Lakeside :o

I will be there and I think it makes sense to announce in advance so people can book the date.

I will be going and the Kids too as i have been told that something special is going to happen on that night but was not told the full story which is killing me, my mate is playing things very close to his heart and wont let anything out the bag.

Cant wait i hope they will put a rider on each table to be with the supporters? Please can i sit next to Dave Mason please please

We will be going too, sounds like the guys at eastbourne have really bust a gut to put on a show, and what a venue!

Just got my family ticket wow cant wait.

Bought mine too, makes sense to advertise this now to maximise on the attendance. Helps people with young children who won't want to take them to arrange child care and also for others to make travel/hotel arrangements. When you think about it a lot of hotels offer really good advance deals and being October you could probably get a good deal bearing in mind not all of the fans are locally based and means they can organise hotel stays if they want - not sure where the nearest hotel to the Amex is though! Also means that we could get a mini bus organised for those that are local and don't want to/can't drive and would like a drink or three!

• Like 2

Bought mine too, makes sense to advertise this now to maximise on the attendance. Helps people with young children who won't want to take them to arrange child care and also for others to make travel/hotel arrangements. When you think about it a lot of hotels offer really good advance deals and being October you could probably get a good deal bearing in mind not all of the fans are locally based and means they can organise hotel stays if they want - not sure where the nearest hotel to the Amex is though! Also means that we could get a mini bus organised for those that are local and don't want to/can't drive and would like a drink or three!

The nearest hotel is the Downs Hotel in Woodingdean approx. 3 miles away, more of a pub than hotel, and the other is the White Horse in rottingdean. again more like a pub but both do a great breakfast.

Looking on Google maps I see there is a big field right in the middle of the stadium with some white lines and a dot in the middle (I think they play some sort of minority sport there). I think I may just pitch a tent on that! There are toilet facilities and everything.

• Like 1

Gutted it's not a hog roast at the track..........

also gutted that the riders will there. And feel the same out the awards. :rofl: