British Speedway Forum
mudflaps

The Darcy Ward Show! Swindon V Poole - Mon 13th July 7.30 Elite League (sky Meeting)

So glad that all Swindon threads will be taken over by a certain poster now Darcy is a Robin!!!.

Good luck to all riders tomorrow night & hopefully Swindon will at least match the Poole reserves so the top 5 have a chance of winning the meeting.

After another knee op last week I'll be watching on Sky with the sound muted.

• Like 1

Poole are certainly rhe best team of the last 10 years but thats all really. Not exactly a club like Swindon Coventry Belle Vue, clubs with history and tradition.

I feel so sorry for you Swindon fans, even making a great signing like Ward has its drawbacks because now Starman will be on your threads lol

I would stand corrected on that if I were you..............our roll of honour..............it may not be quite as prestigious as some but its certainly more than Other clubs have won in their history.................

And yes we have history and tradition.............my family have been there since day one as my grandfather was one of the original track staff there.................without it we would not be where we are now.............

http://www.poolepirates.co/history/roll-of-honour.html

RP

Edited by Red Panda

Thought this was a Swindon vs Poole thread not a Poole thread

Just pointing something out.................

RP

I would stand corrected on that if I were you..............our roll of honour..............it may not be quite as prestigious as some but its certainly more than Other clubs have won in their history.................

And yes we have history and tradition.............my family have been there since day one as my grandfather was one of the original track staff there.................without it we would not be where we are now.............

http://www.poolepirates.co/history/roll-of-honour.html

RP

So as pointed out, the last 12 years Poole have been the most successful club. But before that the only significant things you won were the 1994 and 1969 titles. Hardly the stuff of legends winning a few 2nd and 3rd division titles.

That said, I have never got people who hark back to the 60s and 70s to prove how good they are. Them days are gone. It's not that matters and as much as i hate it, Poole are the most successful team of the modern era (the Elite League years - so '97 onwards)

Edited by SCB

So glad that all Swindon threads will be taken over by a certain poster now Darcy is a Robin!!!.

Good luck to all riders tomorrow night & hopefully Swindon will at least match the Poole reserves so the top 5 have a chance of winning the meeting.

Let's just hope Ward bangs in a max and then kisses the badge!!

So as pointed out, the last 12 years Poole have been the most successful club. But before that the only significant things you won were the 1994 and 1969 titles. Hardly the stuff of legends winning a few 2nd and 3rd division titles.

That said, I have never got people who hark back to the 60s and 70s to prove how good they are. Them days are gone. It's not that matters and as much as i hate it, Poole are the most successful team of the modern era (the Elite League years - so '97 onwards)

But that is all BV have - their history. They have been by far the worst EL team over the modern era yet everyone still hankers back to the good old days.

But that is all BV have - their history. They have been by far the worst EL team over the modern era yet everyone still hankers back to the good old days.

Reminds me of Liverpool fans in the footy!

Well apart from the reserves this looks like a 'proper' meeting..

Darcy will be out to show the Pirates what they're missing :t:

'God Is On Our Side' :t::D ............................. (thanks Bob Dylan)..

• Like 1

Posties knees eh Crazy? Sounds like a painful Op if it affects your ears! :)

I'll be watching on Sky with the sound muted.

The amount of people that I have heard either mute the sound or sky plus it so they can fast forward the chat as they can't stand listening to Pearson & Tatum anymore.

Maybe time sky got some fresh faces in to host the show if so many fans are not happy.

I bet they both won't sleep tonight with excitement of the return of the wonder boy

I bet they both won't sleep tonight with excitement of the return of the wonder boy

Both dribbling already apparently..

• Like 1

The amount of people that I have heard either mute the sound or sky plus it so they can fast forward the chat as they can't stand listening to Pearson & Tatum anymore.

Maybe time sky got some fresh faces in to host the show if so many fans are not happy.

Maybe I'm on my own but I like the expert speedway knowledge they bring and like the over the top exuberance.

Be careful what you wish for. Besides Suzy Perry and Julie Bradbury (I think that was her name who did channel 4 GP highlights) and to a lesser extent Tony Mullard there hasn't been one other presenter with any relevant speedway knowledge and unless you understand the sport it will be a total car crash - anyone remember the Eurosport guy who soon got ditched after a few meetings?

Expertise is the over riding key which both Kelvin and Nigel have in abundance.

• Like 3