British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Brooksy

Somerset V Plymouth Plkoc July 10th

Brady missing both legs of this tie (Fri and Sat) due to World U21's. Nick Morris in on Friday for him - should be enough to get a lead to take to Plymouth on Sat. We'll need one as we seem to be the only team who can't get a result down there.

Hope we get Kennett or Ostergaard to guest in the return.

Teams: Somerset - N. Morris

J. Grajczonek

R. Worrall

C. Wright

L. Lanham

P. Starke

O. Greenwood

Plymouth - R. Fisher

K. Newman

J. Holder

M. Risager

T. Kurtz

Z. Simota

R. Benko

Not in riding order obviously.

Edited by Barney Rebel

Kennett was announced earlier this week.

53-ish for Somerset, comfortable overall victory

Edited by Penny Cross

Kennett was announced earlier this week.

Found it now on the Devil's site. Shame there's still nothing on the Rebel's site.

Good choice nonetheless. :t:

I hope Nick is on it on Friday and doesn't have one of his off nights. It would be nice to see a good haul of points from a guest as other teams get when they engage BK !

Good guest in Nick he looked in good touch in the Pairs and is always welcome at the OTA. Not a great lover of Kennett I'm afraid too unpredictable.

Found it now on the Devil's site. Shame there's still nothing on the Rebel's site.

Good choice nonetheless. :t:

Not so Barney, been up there since Tuesday.......Have a look at the bottom of the preview here

Obviously not got a Specsavers branch in Bedrock yet :rolleyes::P:lol:

Not so Barney, been up there since Tuesday.......Have a look at the bottom of the preview here

Obviously not got a Specsavers branch in Bedrock yet :rolleyes::P:lol:

I read the preview before posting, and I didn't see that. Are you sure that bit wasn't added later? If not, I apologise unreservedly and will get my eyes tested immediately. Probably due an eye-test actually, I am after all about 5000 years old or so! :wink:

• Like 1

I think Plymouth will get hammered tonight but at least with being in the NL next season they won't have to face the rebels again

Wrighty a big miss for the Rebels tonight could make it closer than it should be, anyone know what the problem is , I know he had a coming together with Robbo.

I think Plymouth will get hammered tonight but at least with being in the NL next season they won't have to face the rebels again

that's 1 less home fixture for you. don't complain when there arnt enough team in the pl. maybe the rebs should go elite an see all of 7 teams or so on a very regular bases.

will your 300 supporters want to pay elite prices on the turnstiles ? just be glad the pl is a better product than any thing in uk speedway.

enjoy your season , it could be your last.

I think this could be quite tight over the two legs and the Devils surprise a few- hope I'm wrong Narrow win tonight for the Rebels

Plymouth being let down at reserve again! After Simotas 1st race thought he might have regained his form at last!

Plymouth played their part in another excellent meeting at the OTA. Good atmosphere and a decent size crowd. Fortunately the grey skies circling overhead stayed away.

For the Devils, Newman, Todd Kurtz and to a lesser extent Ryan Fisher were good value. The Rebels missed Charles Wright (bruising to wrist) from his crash at Redcar.

Josh regained the speed which has deserted him of late, Starke was superb entertainment with his never say die attitude and Leigh Lanham scrapped for every point.

Nick Morris as expected proved an inspired guest for Brady. Rode well with Lanham on a couple of occasions. His night came to a abrupt end after a horrifying looking crash with Fisher. Both riders giving their all in heat 13, crossed the finishing line almost locked together and then tangled spectacularly. Both machines hurtled into the fence collecting Morris who went backwards into the air fence.

Both riders eventually walked back to the pits, but The young Aussie was taken to Hospital with a cut arm and possible concussion. His crash helmet taking a severe battering.

Rebels look good for the return at the St Boniface. Lee Trigger being bitterly disappointed with his reserves and Simota in particular.

I read the preview before posting, and I didn't see that. Are you sure that bit wasn't added later? If not, I apologise unreservedly and will get my eyes tested immediately. Probably due an eye-test actually, I am after all about 5000 years old or so! :wink:

Definitely been there all the time BR, but don't worry too much, no apology needed, as I know what it's like, being almost as old as you myself :P:D

that's 1 less home fixture for you. don't complain when there arnt enough team in the pl. maybe the rebs should go elite an see all of 7 teams or so on a very regular bases.

will your 300 supporters want to pay elite prices on the turnstiles ? just be glad the pl is a better product than any thing in uk speedway.

enjoy your season , it could be your last.

Jeng, me'old chap, think you'll find that OB could be a 'Former Devil' or is just a bit '(Penny) Cross' about anything to do with Plymouth, but he sure ain't a Rebels fan.

Edited by womble53
  • Like 2

Horrendous picture of Nick Morris arm on facebook I've seen this morning, with the caption "I got Fished"