British Speedway Forum
StevePark

Newcastle V Sheffield Pl 12 Jul 15 6.30pm

With just a few hours to go before tapes up, I thought someone had better start a thread !

Diamonds are at full strength, with Stevie W going back up to Number 1, Christian goes back to Number 2 and Lewi K goes to three with Anton at 4.

Sheffield have Josh Grajczonek as guest for Simon Stead at Number 1, while our good friend Stuart Robson guests for the injured Andre Compton, with R/R for the injured Ashley Birks.

Could be a very interesting meeting as the with the wonderful world of British speedway we are possibly stronger with the enforced changes that we have to make.

Maybe we can just maybe come away from Brough Park with a point.

Past seasons this is an easy victory for the Diamonds but this is the stronges Sheffield team at Brough for a while they lost by 5 in the trophy. They are also better on paper with Bates and Robbo than Sarjeant and Konopka last meeting who got little between them guesting in the trophy meeting, Robbo also stronger than Compton who never done much in recent years. Plus Garrity and Grajczonek scored points this season, although Birks might be a miss and Bellego usually struggles but Diamonds will have to ride well. Good thing Anton fit and the team order is stronger in my opinion as Kerr and Christian will hopefully benefit from change just hope the team gets the points.

• Like 1

If the Tigers all ride like they can we could go very close. The two guest could swing it in our favour with a bit of luck. No more injuries please.

With Graz. and Robbo , this should make for an interesting evening with Sheffield. Still think the three points will be ours, but the score line might be a tad closer than is usual for a Diamonds/Tigers meeting.

Well I did not see that one coming.

Well Done the Tigers, that Play Off place looks to be on.

Four riders 13 points between them at home is

not acceptable. Well done Sheffield could watch Garrity every week speedway needs more Jason Garritys

• Like 4

On a track set up for gate-and-go riders Newcastle came a cropper when they didn't.

The problems are epitomised by Henry (who is the mirror image of Garrity) and Kerr - I thought that he couldn't be bothered unless he gates, but it seems I was wrong; in heat 15 he gated but didn't try to hold his position.

I don't mind if we lose : the trophies are meaningless in this league. But I don't like it when members of the team don't appear to be bothered.

Until now I hadn't thought that it would be worth changing the team, but I have changed my mind : let's give Dimitri Berge a go, if he's available and willing to come (and he is affordable).

One last word about the track: the amount of track work seems far more than we had in the past - I wouldn't mind if it created a good rack surface, but it doesn't.

Is the season over?

A great all round team performance. Every rider contributed to the score. We keep having riders getting injured but the promoters keep finding the rider to do the job. Well done to everyone associated with the Tigers.

• Like 1

Four riders 13 points between them at home is

not acceptable. Well done Sheffield could watch Garrity every week speedway needs more Jason Garritys

He is a breath of fresh air both on track and in the pits. Yes sometimes he needs to put less pressure on himself and not risk points but nobody could ever question the commitment or his love for racing. 100% effort everytime and when on form he is brilliant to watch. Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 2

Cant help but think that for some reason we are prepping a track which no longer favours the home riders enough any more.

• Like 2