British Speedway Forum
lucifer sam

Scunthorpe Scorpions Vs Ipswich Witches ( P L) - Friday, July 17th (7.30pm)

Which action is worse - intent with no real injury (Bjerre/Masters) or no intent but unfortunate injury? (Rohan/Josh)

Are you serious? No intent? So why is he sliding sidewise down the straight if he didnt intend for the back wheel to slide out? Anyone who has ridden a bike will tell you the ONLY way to get the rear end out like that is to intentionally open the throttle.

So you are now the censorship police?

What a dick.

Didn't know you were at Armadale when Baby Bjerre was there?

Was it a good meeting?

Seen the video yet?

I seem to remember all Monarchs supporters saying Sam was bang out of order and probably should have been kicked out of the meeting.

But the thread is not about Masters - it's about Tungate wiping out Auty.

Stick to your original comments - should have been thrown out of the meeting at least.

My eyesight is fine thank you - maybe you need to watch it on a bigger screen - or maybe your 56k dial up connection is bit lumpy.

I assume broadband hasn't reached your part of Suffolk yet.

nice if you to resort to name calling. Usually what people do when they lack the intelligence to debate properly. And yes we will bang on about the Masters incident as it is comparable. Well I say comparable but Masters went back over after his incident and actually started to punch Bjerre. Masters got a fine he didn't get thrown out the meeting he didn't get a ban. So in your little blinkered Edinburgh world please enlighten me as to why Tungate deserves any more than Masters please? I'm sure you will not respond properly and perhaps even get abysive again but you seem to want to throw the book at Tungate when in fact what he did was far less serious than your own rider!

Are you serious? No intent? So why is he sliding sidewise down the straight if he didnt intend for the back wheel to slide out? Anyone who has ridden a bike will tell you the ONLY way to get the rear end out like that is to intentionally open the throttle.

if you read the post properly the intent part is the intent to knock him off which he didn't mean to do. Correct he sped up to flick his wheel and cover him in shale but he ended up catching him hence no intent to knock him off. Masters had plenty of intent to injure a fellow rider it's quite simple to understand

How did you enjoy being at Armadale?

Any problems with the roadworks?

You keep saying the above, but people are comparing the two incidents. Lots of fans are calling for Tungate to get a ban, but Masters didn't get one when he knocked Bjerre off and then went back and started a fight with him. So if both riders got a fine on the night and both not chucked out of the meeting, why should Tungate get a ban.

I liked this post because I think its important to have consistency.

The one counter point I would set out is 2 wrongs dont make a right.

Perhaps Masters shouldve been banned for his intentional attack. In which case if Rohans move was intentional then a ban would be justified.

British prisons are full of people who say they didn't do it

cant argue with that - also a few innocent locked away.

It will all come down to the SCB panel making the decision about the intent IMO.

If they decide they have no doubt that there was intent then I would expect a ban to follow - even though that would be inconsistent with the Masters situation.

My view is there is enough doubt for Rohan to not be banned.

British prisons are full of people who say they didn't do it

cant argue with that - also a few innocent locked away.

It will all come down to the SCB panel making the decision about the intent IMO.

If they decide they have no doubt that there was intent then I would expect a ban to follow - even though that would be inconsistent with the Masters situation.

My view is there is enough doubt for Rohan to not be banned.

How did you enjoy being at Armadale?

Any problems with the roadworks?

I thought you lived in Essex at the moment and didn't get to many Monarch's home matches.

Anyway can you please answer the question do you think Tungate deserves anymore punishment than Masters and if so why?

And that's the exact point. To all those who say there is "no intent" - why did Tungate open the throttle back up? You can even hear that on the video. That was intentional.

His action was to open the throttle and flick the back wheel towards Auty. The consequence was that he hit Auty, caused Auty to fall and caused an injury to Auty. Actions have consequences, and that's why Tungate should be punished and receive a ban.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 3

Ive made this point before about reopening the throttle...

When Rohan realises he is heading towards Auty what should he do? At the point of no return if he shuts of he shoots forward.

If he grabs a handful he has a chance to turn it tighter and miss Josh - unfortunately that didnt work.

Just a thought......

Ive made this point before about reopening the throttle...

When Rohan realises he is heading towards Auty what should he do? At the point of no return if he shuts of he shoots forward.

If he grabs a handful he has a chance to turn it tighter and miss Josh - unfortunately that didnt work.

Just a thought......

Er, this was a speedway meeting, not Jackanory corner.

Anyone who has read Tungate's Jackanory story and then watched the video, will have noticed a distinct difference between fiction and reality. Tungate was at best, being very, very economical with the truth; at worst, he was intentionally trying to deceive.

Auty is right out wide, all these stuff about Tungate not being able to avoid him is nonsense. Tungate couldn't avoid a rider right out by the fence on the exit of the second bend on the slow-down lap??? No, that's the stuff of fiction. Let's face facts, he headed out there intentionally.

Tungate could be done simply because his Twitter statement does not resemble the video evidence. He chose to tell less than 100% of the truth and the question has to be: why?

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam
  • Like 2

I havent said thats what happened it was just to hypothesise....

Lets face it theres been plenty of 'jackanory' from both sides about this and the other incidents from this one!

Wilko may well be relieved as his incident has largely slipoed under the radar...

Another conundrum - is a failed attack that is subsequently over shadowed by other events unfolding better or worse than a 'successful' attempt with no intent?

Any video of that by the way?

Interesting bit in the Speedway Star today about the incident. Graham Reeve of the SCB said "It is not clear, in my opinion, during viewing of exactly how the incident happened. As Peter Clarke had interviewed Tungate at length during the meeting, I am asking Peter to tell me if the video footage confirms or contradicts what Tungate answered to the referee. The answers to that will determine whether the SCB takes further action."

So it 's down to what Peter Clarke thinks now.

I havent said thats what happened it was just to hypothesise....

Lets face it theres been plenty of 'jackanory' from both sides about this and the other incidents from this one!

Wilko may well be relieved as his incident has largely slipoed under the radar...

Another conundrum - is a failed attack that is subsequently over shadowed by other events unfolding better or worse than a 'successful' attempt with no intent?

Any video of that by the way?

You won't get a video of that unless it was filmed by an Ipswich supporter as it would probably condemn Wilko. I have asked a couple of times for footage and none has come to light. You would think the person that supplied the other footage would've filmed the whole meeting but who knows.

off topic i know.. but when was the last time masters had a fight with some one his own size ? he seems to have a go at all the small people. how about having a go at some of the taller guys in the sport..

back to the topic now. sorry for deviating from the topic.

CAN SOME ONE START A POLL ?

asking if they think it was an accident or not.

were they in attendance or elsewhere

some thing on those lines.

gav. i thought you were working that night.

Edited by jenga

Interesting bit in the Speedway Star today about the incident. Graham Reeve of the SCB said "It is not clear, in my opinion, during viewing of exactly how the incident happened. As Peter Clarke had interviewed Tungate at length during the meeting, I am asking Peter to tell me if the video footage confirms or contradicts what Tungate answered to the referee. The answers to that will determine whether the SCB takes further action."

So it 's down to what Peter Clarke thinks now.

Interesting.

If Rohan Tungate told the referee the same as he posted on his Twitter account afterwards, then it does contradict the video footage.

All the best

Rob

• Like 1

Lucky you are not in charge of the enquiry and someone impartial is then, as even an ex-referee in Graham Reeve said the video evidence is not clear in his opinion.

Lucky you are not in charge of the enquiry and someone impartial is then, as even an ex-referee in Graham Reeve said the video evidence is not clear in his opinion.

Graham Reeve must be referring to whether Tungate’s actions were deliberate or not (i.e. did he deliberately crash into Josh, or simply mean to shower him in shale). That he opened up the throttle and flicked out the back wheel are quite obvious from the video.

This was what Rohan Tungate wrote on Twitter:

“Regarding tonight’s incident with Josh Auty. It was not intentional, I was racing to the line with Alex Davies. We both raced past the line and going into turns 1 & 2. Josh had shut the throttle off and I was unable to avoid him. Most riders will understand that if shut the throttle off straight after the finish line it will be more dangerous, I hope this clears things up and I hope Josh is OK”.

That makes no mention of Tungate flicking out the back wheel to shower Auty in shale, plus was he really racing to the line against Alex Davies? Doesn’t look that close to me. If he told the referee the same as he wrote on Twitter, then he was being very economical with the truth. Did Tungate tell Peter Clarke that he flicked out his back wheel or not? Or did he come up with the same story as is on Twitter? I sincerely hope that Rohan Tungate came clean and didn’t tell any porkies to the referee.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

That is your opinion and you are just guessing what people are referring to or have told the referee. We will probably never find out and just have to wait for the matter to be drawn to a conclusion by the SCB. When that will be who knows, the sooner rather than later. I would've thought if Graham Reeve reviewed the video on Monday, he would've spoken to Peter Clarke the same day or at least the following day so we should find out soon.