British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Penny Cross

Plymouth V Workington 17/7 Pl

Can only see an away win here.

With R/R at No.1 for Fisher, its going to be a tough ask for the Devils to win.

Official Plymouth website:http://www.plymouthdevils.co/devils-prepare-for-comets.html

Team Line Ups*

Plymouth: 1 R/R for Ryan Fisher, 2 Morten Risager, 3 Jack Holder, 4 Todd Kurtz, 5 Kyle Newman. 6 Sam Simota, & 7 Matt Bates (G)

Workington: 1 Kyle Howarth, 2 Rusty Harrison, 3 Rene Bach (captain), 4 Kenneth Hansen, 5 Ricky Wells, 6 Matt Williamson, 7 Matthew Wethers.

Wells is always good value, as is Wethers. Bach, Howarth and Harrison are all capable of winning races. I suppose it really depends which Hansen rides, as he can be red hot or stone cold.

If recent home performances are anything to go by, all the Comets need to do is set up to gate and go, as too many Devils don't seem to have the appetite to chase.

You get the impression that the Promoters are waving the white flag. If as it says on the Devils website, its been known for a week that theres doubts about Fisher, why hasn't a guest been lined up? Maybe they did try, but as usual, little communication with the fans.

I get the distinct feeling that its a case of now getting through to the end of the season.

It looks and feels like the end of PL racing. NL speedway next season or nothing. I hope Im wrong, but that's how I view things.

If worky can surpass their usual tally of 37 pts On the road it will be classed as an achievement

After last week's attempt at predicting pts from a weakened Glasgow team I'm saying nothing about a match against a weakened Plymouth team? :D

I'll wait for the result!! ;)

After last week's attempt at predicting pts from a weakened Glasgow team I'm saying nothing about a match against a weakened Plymouth team? :D

I'll wait for the result!! ;)

Better the devil(s) you know

Better the devil(s) you know

How long have you waited for that one? :D

here comes that good old 38 points no go barrier again..

here comes that good old 38 points no go barrier again..

no, no we got the magical 40 otherwise business as usual

Plymouth will get beat once again. ......will the last person to leave the SBA please turn the lights out!

oh dear!

The race that turned this meeting.

Copied from live updates: Heat 11: Simota, Newman, Howarth, Harrison 50.97 5-1 35-31
Line Up: Newman, Simota, Howarth, Harrison
Comments: Untidy start. All 4 back.
Rerun: Newman and Harrison down bend 2. All 4 back. Both up and ok.
Rerunx2: A captains ride from Newman! Out of bend 2 in front of Howarth who he held up enough for Simota to squeeze round the outside of both of them on bend 4.

Read more: http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/14743/plymouth-workington-pl-17-15pm?page=1#ixzz3gBb6iq2C

Complete and utter farce from referee Jim Laurence. How on earth wasn't Newman excluded for falling and bringing down Harrison? There is no way it should have been all 4 back.

Ostergaard did the same in when P'bro were here a few weeks ago, and was rightly excluded. Newman did EXACTLY the same in the same meeting , yet got away with 'all 4 back'. It turned that meeting too. That's twice Newman has got away with poor riding. Shocking decisions. In the rerun, I don't agree that Newman team rode either. He was busying himself with Howarth. That in turn left room for Sam to blast round the boards. Nothing intentional about trying to get Sam through. It was only when they reached the back straight next lap that they settled down.

The result of Ht11 would probably have been a 3-3, maybe even a 2-4, thus Comets would have got at least a point. As it was, it was the 2nd 5-1 of three on the bounce, and Devils were visibly lifted.

Holder basically didn't turn up for his first 2 rides, before taking Wells round the outside, much to most peoples surprise. Wells got it back before Holder hit the notorious 3rd bend bump, catapulting him into the fence. Very good in his last 2 rides though, he actually gated!

Both Risager and Simota rode probably their best meetings of the season at the SBA.

Edited to add ; To Matt Bates. If you want to get on in speedway don't be in McDonalds at 6.40pm eating when you should have been in the pits by then. Not very clever.

Edited by Penny Cross

Complete and utter farce from referee Jim Laurence. How on earth wasn't Newman excluded for falling and bringing down Harrison? There is no way it should have been all 4 back.

Because too many referees bottle 1st/2nd bend incidents because they can. If I was a referee I'd have half the number of all 4 backs most referees have.

Good Plymouth win tonight when they got going and the lights were still on at half 10

Edited by skippy