British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Alex2000

Eastbourne Vs Coventry 19/7/15

If Luke Crang, is taking time out of the sport with an injury, how are Coventry allowed to use R/R for him.

Looks like the green sheet averages will put Georgie in the team proper, which is great improvement for Georgie, but means we can't have him scoring heavily for 7 rides a meeting. Still, Brummies did it with Zach Whatshisname.

Don't think Gary Cottham is the answer at all and I also think we need more from Marc Owen, although not that fast, he appears ok when in front, but doesn't seem to have the daredevil where with all to force his way past other riders.

I think 2nd in the League, National Trophy winners, KO Cup winners and winning the National League Gold Trophy will be a pretty good season for us.

But what about next year. I think we will have the same team in the National league again. If Bradley goes to a Premier League team he will have to start the season on a 7.00 average, and he will racing against guys that have beaten him this year, so I can't see a Premier League promoter prepared to take that risk, Brad will not be able to retain a 7 average in that league.

Stay where we are until Tom Brennan comes into the team, Kelsey will be much better by then, Matt, Georgie and Richard will have rounded of their sharp edges, so we should have 3 seasons of relative success in the National League, then take our team to the Premier League.

perfectly summed up!

Glad to hear the early rumours on Georgie were wrong, we would be lost without him.

Sorry GASBLOKE No chance. Their combined averages are almost 49 so if the limit is set at 36 again the team will need major surgery. Even at 42 we will have to drop a couple of 6+ and bring in two at 3.00. Unfortunately you cannot find riders on 3.00 like Georgie and Kelsey every year. Small consolation but Birmingham will have the same problem.

Glad to hear the early rumours on Georgie were wrong, we would be lost without him.

Sorry GASBLOKE No chance. Their combined averages are almost 49 so if the limit is set at 36 again the team will need major surgery. Even at 42 we will have to drop a couple of 6+ and bring in two at 3.00. Unfortunately you cannot find riders on 3.00 like Georgie and Kelsey every year. Small consolation but Birmingham will have the same problem.

Brummies may not have that problem

Tony Mole stated at the meet the riders forum before the season started its his intention if the Brummies win the league or go close & the public support is viable he will apply to join the PL 2016

Well the league title is the Brummies to loose now 17 points clear as off now

And

The crowd support has been very good in fact for we are getting higher attendances than the majority of EL meetings apart from the 2 local derbies Cov & Wolves

PL here we come 2016

Edited by Brummies_Ste

Brummies may not have that problem

Tony Mole stated at the meet the riders forum before the season started its his intention if the Brummies win the league or go close & the public support is viable he will apply to join the PL 2016

Well the league title is the Brummies to loose now 17 points clear as off now

And

The crowd support has been very good in fact for we are getting higher attendances than the majority of EL meetings apart from the 2 local derbies Cov & Wolves

PL here we come 2016

I will be surprised if they do

BWD is now the only one of the starting line up not to have been injured

Brad was badly injured in the Fours and spent time in hospital

I will be surprised if they do

so would I. The crowd at last Wednesdays brum v kent match looked ok for NL, but it would be a big financial risk to return to the PL.
  • Like 1

so would I. The crowd at last Wednesdays brum v kent match looked ok for NL, but it would be a big financial risk to return to the PL.

Thing is they have established themselves in this league very well and the club is bringing money in and supporters are happy why change?
  • Like 1

Loving the racing and what a find Georgie Woods has been, BWD, as my program from Stoke said Brian ( :rofl:) Wilson Dean, i have to say the racing is better and the riders really are enjoying the season.