British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rustyre bel1

Somerset V Ipswich 24/07/15

Could be a real cracker. Witches have done much better at OTA on recent visits so that builds up hope for a point.

However in the back of your mind you know how sometimes the Rebels can really turn it on at home and steamroller anyone.

Definitely one of the toughest tasks for the Rebels this season. The Witches have slowly got to grips with the OTA over the last 2/3 years, and in Danny King, they have a real threat at number one.

Somerset have started slowly in quite a few meetings this season, and have been level at the half way mark, or even behind slightly. However, they have then gone on to completely dominate the opposition.

I fancy the Witches to be on level terms for most of this match, but the Rebs to take the win by six points.

Definitely one of the toughest tasks for the Rebels this season. The Witches have slowly got to grips with the OTA over the last 2/3 years, and in Danny King, they have a real threat at number one.

Somerset have started slowly in quite a few meetings this season, and have been level at the half way mark, or even behind slightly. However, they have then gone on to completely dominate the opposition.

I fancy the Witches to be on level terms for most of this match, but the Rebs to take the win by six points.

Probably be a quieter night in the clubhouse though ;)
  • Like 1

I fully expect Somerset to win this one, but Ipswich have been very competitive on the road this year. I think apart the Sheffield match where they should have taken a point in reality, they have picked up something from every away track apart from Armadale over the last 3 months.

Probably be a quieter night in the clubhouse though ;)

Great atmosphere! Hope you got them ok! :)

Or even got them home ok!

• Like 1

I have no qualms about Brady, Charles, and at a lesser level Josh and Richie. On top of this, if Leigh can continue in his present vintage form and teamsmanship backed by Paul and if Ollie can roll in his average, we should be quietly confident of a respectable victory - - - - - - - I do hope this is not a kiss of death !!! Weather forecast doesn't look good !

Edited by Aroundtheboards

Brady sometimes has a problem in heat 1 I`ve noticed, after that it is normal service. King may get the better of him first up but not to sure after that!

I reckon the Rebs wll win this comfortably, the Rebels top 5 are all going exceptionally well at the moment and if Ritchie has his gating boots on it could be another 50 + total. Oliver Greenwood is giving the excellent Paul Starke a bit of support, so barring disasters should be three points.

Edited by Cliffeboy

On reflection agreed about Brady and his first heat. It'll be alright on the night !

@BBCSuffolk: BREAKING: @ipswichspeedway meet at Somerset Rebels tonight has been called off because of the weather forecast.

1 down 3 to go!

Will Rohan miss any meetings???

• Like 1

1 down 3 to go!

Will Rohan miss any meetings???

Will the ban start from now or his first meeting?