British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Rye House Rockets Premier League 26/07/2015

Last week the Diamonds hammered Scunthorpe. Rye House are up next on the 26th. The new look Diamonds are likely to line up as follows: -

Steve Worrall

Tero Arnio

Lewis Kerr

Anton Rosen

Ludvig Lindgren

Simon Neilsen

Christian Henry (or a guest)

New guy Finn Tero Arnio is capable of winning races so lets hope he does just that in his 28 day contract. Injured Lewis Rose will come back and challenge Tero for a team place.

I'll be up for this. Not expecting much after a difficult weekend at Edinburgh and Berwick. I suspect the Rye team will just wanna get home in one piece. Expect a decent home win by 18-20 points.

• Like 1

Really can't see this being a struggle in any way for the home lads. A scunny style result is highly likely, and TBH. anything closer would bode ill for our team. Many {me inc.} will be going to see Eddie Kennett, with luck, put on a challenge to Stevie, Lewi and Ludde and provide some good racing. Rye, on a Northern tour, will bring a few fans along- fingers crossed- but for the most part, it will be home fans only. I just hope that the terraces aint too empty. Standing high on the fourth bend terrace {as usual} last week, the amount of exposed concrete was alarming. In even recent years, this area was far more populated. Still hoping for a good home win naturally, and maybe a few points for Mr Aarnio {two a's dantodan, your spellcheck last week?} to boost his confidence. Interesting to read that Newcastle have been eyeing him for a few weeks. Clearly Nielsen was under the spotlight-prob. still is- and pending, hopefully, Rose's return, Tero will have cemented his place and given our management a headache. Assuming, by that time, that the team has anything left to play for. If nothing else, Aarnio might earn a 2016 birth if really successful.

If Nielsen is under the spotlight, long may it continue, cos he has put in some decent performances lately, whilst upholding his average,,, wouldn't say the same for everyone else tho,,, and he's probably cheap ;)

can't see Rye giving Newcastle too much trouble, but 'ye never no' and, same goes for Eddie Kennett,,,

Edited by ruffdiamond

Right from the beginning of the season I have questioned Simon Neilsen but now he is doing fine for a Premier League reserve. If he is ever sacrificed then I would hope it was to bring in someone a lot better and not a gamble on someone else who has yet to impress. Lewis Rose has always looked a better prospect than Simon so maybe If Tero proves his worth before Lewis comes back it will mean Simon going? Then there is Christian falling to reserve. He has to produce the goods as well as if team changes are being made maybe the boomerang will not come back

• Like 1

If it merely requires management observation to spur him on then Nielsen should be checked on a regular basis. If he keeps it up then maybe his age would win out against Henry come 2016 given solid performance. Mind you, if his average should rise too high? Lest we do a 2014 Rose on the poor sod.

More news on Lewis R and Christian....

http://www.newcastlediamonds.co/news/article.asp?id=100431

Very bad, and very sad News Steve.

My very best wishes to both of them for a speedy recovery.

Very bad, and very sad News Steve.

My very best wishes to both of them for a speedy recovery.

Christian has put on Facebook that his season is over....

Christian has put on Facebook that his season is over....

Oh dear............................

Speedway injuries are becoming more and more prolific these days.

• Like 1

Plan B { hopefully not from Outer Space } needed regrettably. Henry could be perhaps second only to Adam Roynon in the 'luck' department re. suffering regular season ending injury. Reckon young Josh should, weather permitting, provide some entertainment given his 'devil may care' riding style.

Sorry to learn that Christian has a back injury. I have been plagued by back trouble and had an op to insert 2 metal plates and 6 big screws to hold my bottom two verterbrae. Then I had a bone graft. There is no way I would have been able to ride a speedway bike either before of after my back surgery. I hope Christians injury doesn't entail what I had done as it would be worse than his season being over, it would end his career! :sad:

Diamond from years ago Rod Hunter rode with a back problem

So Newcastle's team of talented "Second Strings" are home to Rye House if the weather forecast for Sunday is wrong. Not 100% sure of the line up but we are likely to go with

Steve Worrall

Tero Aarnio

Lewis Kerr

Anton Rosen

Ludvig Lindgren ©

Simon Neilsen

Josh Bates (G)

Rye House Something Like

Ed Kennett
Kasper Lykke Nielsen R/R
Anders Mellgren
Robin Aspegren
Nikolaj Busk Jakobsen
Luke Bowen
Danny Maassen

Steve, Lewis and Ludde will notch up big scores I think and Anton and Tero have something to prove. Simon is going well now and is likely to notch a good return from the number 6 berth. George has been able to bring in a good and popular guest Josh Bates, I wouldn't say no to him if he wanted to transfer to us full time

Good Luck to the Lads tomorrow.

No more injuries please - we've had enough. :sad: :sad: :sad: