British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuxtonTiger

Buxton V Kent

Any news from the glorious Peak District, currently very wet in Lancs.

Weather in Buxton is fine at present starting to dry up on my patio. The hill near the track can be seen from our house this usualy means that its ok at High Edge. BBC weather states sunny with light cloud from 13-00pm till 20-00pm for Buxton area so the family hope to be at the track from 2-30 and to see some good racing

Edited by fredbogge
  • Like 1

I tipped this as Kents hardest meeting of the 3 this weekend but hopefully we can pick up at least a point.

I hope this is your hardest meeting and that Buxton get all the points. I also hope that it`s a safe meeting and no rider gets hurt .

Kent are actually riding against a team today and as they couldn't beat 5 riders I don't think they will beat 7

49-43 definitely getting better.

Full credit as usual to Morley and Shane's' performance. Not so good for baseby, perhaps an off day and the ever trying ayers done a good job of picking up 7 points. Big well done at number 7 for basford getting 5 points, doing his job there 😊 Shepard ??? As expected I suppose. All the best to Jamie, been improving all season at more difficult berths then he should have to be riding in.

• Like 1

The crowd at Buxton yesterday wasn't brilliant, but those that bothered to go were treated to a good meeting.

Sadly Couzins collected a finger injury which is a shame.

There was a great deal of spirited racing, Ben Morley was excellent, riding the place as though he was a home rider and he practiced there daily.

James Shanes the Piddletown Rocket was a revelation, how that lad rides like he does without crashing is a mystery, talk about gravity defying feats, it was worth twice the admission just to watch him passing two riders at a time in two races dodging between them like they were still. A real treat, surely destined for stardom?

He didn't get it all his own way though, Old Father Time decided he needed to put youngsters properly in their place and did so with some relish.

I think Danny Ayres and Liam Carr did well to survive their encounters, but proper old fashioned speedway from them both, hard riding indeed.

Halifax Tiger and I enjoyed Mr. Dowlings shout from the box to the start marshall "Keep 'em apart!"

The starter aquiesced by standing between gates 3 and 4 in the re-run, then the little devils did it again!

A brilliant meeting, sadly witnessed by too few people.

• Like 4

49-43 definitely getting better.

Full credit as usual to Morley and Shane's' performance. Not so good for baseby, perhaps an off day and the ever trying ayers done a good job of picking up 7 points. Big well done at number 7 for basford getting 5 points, doing his job there Shepard ??? As expected I suppose. All the best to Jamie, been improving all season at more difficult berths then he should have to be riding in.

Shanes performance was extraordinary.

First of all in heat 13 he went through the middle of Atkin & Carr on bend 4 of lap 1, a stunning move that the presenter said was the best had seen all season (and I think few would disagree - its one of the best I have seen anywhere) and then in heat 15 he went round Atkin & Blacklock to lead after gating last. I can't remember the last time I saw a rider ride the outside like that at Buxton, and it says everything that when Morley tried it he came off.

• Like 1

Shanes performance was extraordinary.

First of all in heat 13 he went through the middle of Atkin & Carr on bend 4 of lap 1, a stunning move that the presenter said was the best had seen all season (and I think few would disagree - its one of the best I have seen anywhere) and then in heat 15 he went round Atkin & Blacklock to lead after gating last. I can't remember the last time I saw a rider ride the outside like that at Buxton, and it says everything that when Morley tried it he came off.

Thank goodness he's rubbish at gating or you wouldn't get to see him do things like that!

• Like 3

Thank goodness he's rubbish at gating or you wouldn't get to see him do things like that!

He shouldn't be rubbish at gating, one of the NL best gaters told me he taught him.

Perhaps he deliberately taught him badly to keep him back?

That lad is brilliant entertainment.

That isn't to detract from Buxtons home win at all though, well done Hitmen, but many thanks to the Men of Kent (Kentish Men?) for an entertaining meeting.

• Like 2

Your boys might yet have dropped a real clanger letting him go.

Good to see you Saturday, mate :approve:

Your boys might yet have dropped a real clanger letting him go.

Good to see you Saturday, mate :approve:

I'd like to think it is only a temporary thing. It's just a case of judging when he's ready for the PL because we all remember the way he way he did for Danny Halsey in his first ever PL meeting. I recall that it brought the house down.

A pleasure as always! Please come and see us again soon.

Couple of other things about Sunday's meeting.

Its the third one I have been to at Buxton and, to be honest, I have enjoyed them all. I have been very critical in the past - to the extent that I didn't go at all last season - but this year its been much better and I can give no greater compliment other than to say I'll be back for more.

For some, eating critical words might prove to be a bit unpalatable. For me, its a very tasty dish indeed.

I have always said that you can't pass on the outside at Hi Edge - a view that James Shanes blew apart on Sunday. Its probably more accurate to say that you don't see much passing on the outside there for the sole reason that riders don't try it very often.

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

I think that most riders at Buxton are not going fast enough to go around the outside, unless they are very brave.

• Like 1