British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Tigerish

Sheffield Vs Scunthorpe 6th August Pl

Absolute sickner, totally gutted for Ryan and only hoping he can recover well and comeback stronger from this latest appauling injury set back. Apparently he tangled with Brady and went feet first into the fence? Was anyone there and can expand on what actually happened? Once again, I'm asking the question, what use is an air fence when he ends up like this? Quite frankly, the number of serious injuries incurred this season has long since reached unacceptable proportions. I'm sure everyone agrees that Speedway urgently needs to undertake a drastic root and branch review and not least to consider all aspects of Rider safety.

Absolute sickner, totally gutted for Ryan and only hoping he can recover well and comeback stronger from this latest appauling injury set back. Apparently he tangled with Brady and went feet first into the fence? Was anyone there and can expand on what actually happened? Once again, I'm asking the question, what use is an air fence when he ends up like this? Quite frankly, the number of serious injuries incurred this season has long since reached unacceptable proportions. I'm sure everyone agrees that Speedway urgently needs to undertake a drastic root and branch review and not least to consider all aspects of Rider safety.

Firstly get well soon Ryan, the crash was very innocuous (by speedway standards), he and Brady were close going round the first bend there might have been a slight contact and Ryan slid off, he just got his leg caught awkwardly under the bike as he went down and thats what caused the damage.

Considering Holub went full speed into the airfence later in the meeting and walked away was a very lucky escape for him.

Edited by Tigerite

Firstly get well soon Ryan, the crash was very innocuous (by speedway standards), he and Brady were close going round the first bend there might have been a slight contact and Ryan slid off, he just got his leg caught awkwardly under the bike as he went down and thats what caused the damage.

Considering Holub went full speed into the airfence later in the meeting and walked away was a very lucky escape for him.

Very much not good for the lad. I have to admit that as a Diamonds supporter, I was checking the thread to see if Douglas was available to ride against us tonight, hoping perchance for a very minor injury enough to hinder you tonight. To find that he has suffered a season ending injury sickens me for even hoping he would not be available tonight. Truthfully, get well soon Ryan Douglas.

As Tigerite said it didn't look like a nasty crash at all and it would seem the damage was done by his bike not the air fence. A real shame for Ryan, let's hope he recovers well from it.

On another point I got a b###rd parking ticket from behind the church and the Old Crown pub last night. I've parked there for the last 8 years and this is the first time I've had a ticket. They can whistle for it.

As Tigerite said it didn't look like a nasty crash at all and it would seem the damage was done by his bike not the air fence. A real shame for Ryan, let's hope he recovers well from it.

On another point I got a b###rd parking ticket from behind the church and the Old Crown pub last night. I've parked there for the last 8 years and this is the first time I've had a ticket. They can whistle for it.

Unless it's council or police ticket just ignore it.

Best wishes for a good recovery for Ryan.Far to many serious injuries IMO .Though Holub would have liked the fast Sheffield track,how did he look though ?

Good result but we had to work hard for it.Fair play to scunny for not giving up after douglas injury.Hope he has a speedy recovery.Brady Josh and Jason were good value,Paco and Nik showed glimpses of what they can do,both need more track time.Arthur had one of those nights and david was solid.All in all another 3 points towards the play offs.I think safety needs a good overhaul in the winter,there has been far too many serious injuries this season.The air fence needs modifying to weight it down and the bikes need slowing down slightly.The number of good safe riders who have had serious injuries this season in worrying.

Crazy how Douglas has such injuries after what seemed such a tame crash, to then see Holub smashed into the air fence and get up and walk away. Nothing more than luck (or lack of it in Douglas's case!)

Seemed a really strange meeting, obviously we had to hurry through after Ryan's crash, but with the 2 minutes coming on straight after the race, was so disjointed. Pleased we got the 3 points over a very resliant side in Scunthorpe. Bellego was great to watch, especially as he didn't make a start all night! Garrity looks unbeatable around Owlerton at the minute which should stand him in good sted for the PLRC. Kurtz was Kurtz, smooth and super fast.. Looks totally in control at all times, reminds me very much of NKI.

Slightly concerned for Sissis, looks quick one race and then ends up a straight behind the others in his next. Hopefully he can get some more consistancy towards the play offs.