British Speedway Forum

oh dear not a very good signing, if he hasn't even rode in a professional league hence the 5.00 average he will get hammered in the PL, he won't even achieve a 3.00 average, he rode at Redcar last year and was dreadful, nowhere near as good as Klindt and he is only a 5.89 average

Needs must. After Klindt baled out it was always going to be a 5 pointer. I think he's a better option than any of the untried colonials.

It didn't have to be an assessed rider at all, plenty of riders out there that would have had experience of the PL tracks and still given us a strong reserve. If Karger struggles then that's a lot of pressure on Morley and Eddie will be carrying a very poor team, yet again.

What a monumental cock up by the current Rye House management! Could have had a spear head of Kennett and NBJ, throw in Lykke, Robbo, Lanham, Morley and Branford [Would that lot fit in the averages?] and it may have got my taste buds going. I'm so sorry for the crop of riders we have in 2016. It's not their fault, but together as a team it's Ronnie Russell era all over again!

I want Rye to be successful, I enjoy my Saturday nights out at Hoddesdon but part of me wants it to fall flat on its face to be honest and that's not a good thing for a feller like me to be thinking, and I wonder how many others think the same way? I think they've hit the self destruct button, please tell me I'm wrong......

• Like 1

What a monumental cock up by the current Rye House management! Could have had a spear head of Kennett and NBJ, throw in Lykke, Robbo, Lanham, Morley and Branford [Would that lot fit in the averages?] and it may have got my taste buds going. I'm so sorry for the crop of riders we have in 2016. It's not their fault, but together as a team it's Ronnie Russell era all over again!

I want Rye to be successful, I enjoy my Saturday nights out at Hoddesdon but part of me wants it to fall flat on its face to be honest and that's not a good thing for a feller like me to be thinking, and I wonder how many others think the same way? I think they've hit the self destruct button, please tell me I'm wrong......

You're wrong.

Most fans want their team to do well/win something, in truth there's only going to be one successful team! The one who has the most money behind them (we all know who that is).

At least we have a team to support/watch, unlike a lot of other fans who have seen their teams cease.

As someone else has said on this forum, get behind the boys and enjoy it as much as you can.

oh dear not a very good signing, if he hasn't even rode in a professional league hence the 5.00 average he will get hammered in the PL, he won't even achieve a 3.00 average, he rode at Redcar last year and was dreadful, nowhere near as good as Klindt and he is only a 5.89 average

If he was that awful how come he held off Ostergaard for for laps even if off a 15m handicap.

Don't say much for Ostergaard.

• Like 1

You're wrong.

You must be the only Rye fan that has anything positive to say

You must be the only Rye fan that has anything positive to say

Just doing what JD asked. Haven't made my mind up yet but having 7 riders is better than 6.

Agreed Karger is no NBJ especially with his scores last season at Kings Lynn 8+3 and K*nt 7+1 against NATIONAL LEAGUE RIDERS, but hopefully he is a work in progress for the future signing, then all this pessimism about the future is unfounded and maybe the promotion do have good intentions, well until they get p*ssed off will all the negativity aimed at them.

Afterall we aint gonna win the league this sedason so I would rather see a rider develop than Kerb Krawling Klint.

• Like 2

Agreed Karger is no NBJ especially with his scores last season at Kings Lynn 8+3 and K*nt 7+1 against NATIONAL LEAGUE RIDERS, but hopefully he is a work in progress for the future signing, then all this pessimism about the future is unfounded and maybe the promotion do have good intentions, well until they get p*ssed off will all the negativity aimed at them.

Afterall we aint gonna win the league this sedason so I would rather see a rider develop than Kerb Krawling Klint.

True, then when he gets good we can loan him out to one of our close rivals...

• Like 1

I get that the new owners have made some bizarre decisions, maybe by them or maybe other influences (im not in the know) but these are new times, Lets hope they are on a fast learning curve and these mistakes will not be repeated in the future but at least we have speedway to look forward to. With regards to loaning out riders to our close rivals, since ive been supporting this team our closest rivals have been Romford and Hackney (don't forget it). Gone is the Silver mantra "I will do it my way but at least I will open next season"

• Like 2

Really hope NBJ is as good as you guys say he is. Looking forward to seeing him around the showground

He started 2015 off very well, but tailed off towards the end due to injury and U21 commitments. I reckon the showground track will suit him well. I'd expect him to put at least a point on his average.

It's criminal that he was allowed to leave Rye House

• Like 3

I hope his dad is in the pits with him,,, Brian was a top rider great gater and engine tuner he could be a great asset to the whole team..May even have some tips for Kasper on how to gate..If Peters on a 5 average i guess that puts Kasper up to a second string if he is over 5 at present (not sure) and a second string up to heat leader.which is not so good i guess...

Edited by waco