British Speedway Forum
dantodan

Newcastle Diamonds V Berwick Bandits Premier League Sunday 16th August 2015

Heat 1 was a spectactular start with Simon getting in the way of Steve. Happily the "nice twin" walked away from hitting the fence upside down! :t: and went on to notch a five ride paid maximum. Ludde too was flying, if only he could make his life easier by outgating the rest but we all love watching the guy wrestling his bike at full throttle to catch the leader. I pay my admission to be entertained and captain Lightnin does that on his own. The race of the night /season came in heat 14 When Berwicks inspired choice of guest Rob Branford took the lead and Anton Rosen and Simon Neilsen took up the chase. 4 laps of brilliant racing saw all 3 riders cross the finish line together with Simon finishing the faster. The result a 4-2 to the diamonds with Simon getting the win and Anton less than a bike length in third. But equal admiration to Rob Branford. The lad was brilliant in the whole match and should be on George's guest list at home and his shopping list for next season

So we all witnessed a great feast of racing despite Bandits not looking likely winners, they had a couple of class riders in Thomas Jorgensen 14, and Edinburgh Guest Rob Branford 11+1

These two were impressive and if Risager & Doolan had performed the result could have been in doubt.

Anton had a better match, I think his confidence may have taken a knock mid season but there are signs he is riding himself out of it

Criticism of Doolan is unfair, Dantodan.

The crash at Berwick when Garrity came off in front of him was a horror, one of the worst I've seen for a while. Although Doolan clearly soldiered marvellously on with a big overdose of adrenalyn coursing through his body, he took a really hard knock.

I thought he looked very sore last night and obviously only took his four programmed races. After the meeting I was told he hurt his back in the Saturday crash and rode last night against doctor's orders.

• Like 3

his last appearance at Brough, 28th June fx 0 0 0, and his previous 'Brough' form, not really anything like last night :)

Think you need to look beyond the scores.28th June if my memory serves me right he was guesting for Scunthorpe at

number 1 and was leading heat 1 when he lost a chain and was excluded. What he didn't know at the time was that he

had damaged his engine and that explains the 3 zero's.Currently you would be hard pressed to find a more improved rider

in the Premier league not just at Brough. This all stemmed from his decision half way through last season to have his

engines tuned in Denmark and not in the UK. This has improved his confidence no end and resulted in his average going

up by something like 2 points in just over 12 months.

• Like 1

Interesting meeting last night with an easy win expected against a very makeshift Berwick team. I would have thought a big win with us hitting 55-57 points. Didn't start too well with Simon being moved out, and pushing Steve into and along the airfence, putting a 7 foot gash just above the rubber skirt. Steve did the biz in the rerun, but later had to swop his bent bars for straight ones. Berwick were well led by Thomas who trapped well and blasted around the boards, except when he missed that gate, but still didn't stop trying. Held up in heat 13 by Kevin, otherwise he could have attacked a bit earlier. Branford really surprised me as he is usually out of control and crashing, but last night he was still aggressive but fast and safer. I believe he is also carrying injuries, which makes his performance even better. You could see the way Kevin walked on the parade that he was not fully fit and even sat on the bike partly side on. Never looked comfortable.

Even at heat 9 we were only 4 points up, but after that we started to take the heat advantages that we expected, and pulled away to a safe score of 53-37. It still was a good performance from both sides.

As others have said, there were a least two great rides and a decent crowd enjoyed every minute of them.

Some neat riding also in the NJL meeting between the same two sides, with the Berwick Bandits no 8, Kieran Douglas, winning all three rides, as did Harry McGurk in the 125cc races. Interesting that the average winning time of the 500's races were only 1.3 seconds ahead of the average 125's winning times. Some class that.

Edited by Tsunami

Think you need to look beyond the scores.28th June if my memory serves me right he was guesting for Scunthorpe at

number 1 and was leading heat 1 when he lost a chain and was excluded. What he didn't know at the time was that he

had damaged his engine and that explains the 3 zero's.Currently you would be hard pressed to find a more improved rider

in the Premier league not just at Brough. This all stemmed from his decision half way through last season to have his

engines tuned in Denmark and not in the UK. This has improved his confidence no end and resulted in his average going

up by something like 2 points in just over 12 months.

I did look beyond then, thats why I said 'previous form',,, 7 matches, 32 rides, 32 points ;)

Decent win last night with all 6 Diamonds putting in a decent shift and it could and probably should have been by more but a wins an win. Also loved heat 14 thats what speedway is about just a shame only one rider could win it all three deserved it.

Branford really surprised me as he is usually out of control and crashing, but last night he was still aggressive but fast and safer. I believe he is also carrying injuries, which makes his performance even better.

Shows how much you know you can count Robs crashes in a season on one hand , a supporter with no idea.

Junior

• Like 1

Shows how much you know you can count Robs crashes in a season on one hand , a supporter with no idea.

Junior

How many fingers have you got ??? :)

How many fingers have you got ??? :)

Did some research

NL 60 races 1 fall

Pl 93 races 4 falls

EL 22 races 0 falls

l

Hardly a crasher is he , just pees me when people make untrue statements.

Junior

Edited by junior fan
  • Like 3

Did some research

NL 60 races 1 fall

Pl 93 races 4 falls

EL 22 races 0 falls

l

Hardly a crasher is he , just pees me when people make untrue statements.

Junior

people say untrue stuff all the time, but am sure he had 7 falls the season before last season,,, Edited by ruffdiamond

Dunno if its just me, but,,, there was an open meeting at Glasgow running and there may have been a chance that it was posponed and they may have been an opportunity of another guest had that been the case.

Crazy Carl done a good job and, if it hadn't have been for his 3rd ride mis-hap would've scored 10 from 4 rides, so well done Carl, he's doing ok and he might be one to look at next season,,, seemed hard work early last night, but that might have been something to do with 'the enigma' Tommy Gun having such a good meeting, oh and Rob Branford (dunno where he found that form from),,,

Happy nights work and cracking ht 14, in which Anton defo got 2nd :)

Was truly sh*** tonight riding for Swindon as an apparent replacement for Lewis Rose. First and foremost to the post, he clearly had a run of good form last night, and good luck to the lad. However, more worrying is Lewis being dropped by the Robins- is he fit or not? Hopefully just Swindon pushing for a play-off spot.

Dunno if its just me, but,,, there was an open meeting at Glasgow running and there may have been a chance that it was posponed and they may have been an opportunity of another guest had that been the case.

Crazy Carl done a good job and, if it hadn't have been for his 3rd ride mis-hap would've scored 10 from 4 rides, so well done Carl, he's doing ok and he might be one to look at next season,,, seemed hard work early last night, but that might have been something to do with 'the enigma' Tommy Gun having such a good meeting, oh and Rob Branford (dunno where he found that form from),,,

Happy nights work and cracking ht 14, in which Anton defo got 2nd :)

Poss. wishful thinking RD. Do you stand on line cos from fourth bend, it was not clear at all.

Was truly sh*** tonight riding for Swindon as an apparent replacement for Lewis Rose. First and foremost to the post, he clearly had a run of good form last night, and good luck to the lad. However, more worrying is Lewis being dropped by the Robins- is he fit or not? Hopefully just Swindon pushing for a play-off spot.

Poss. wishful thinking RD. Do you stand on line cos from fourth bend, it was not clear at all.

no, I stand somewhere between the line and the 'video man', (beside the man with grey hair),,, I would say half a wheel,,, the refs view was probably obscured by Nielsen on this side,,, am sure if ye buy the video, you'll find out ;) Edited by ruffdiamond

Heat 1 was a spectactular start with Simon getting in the way of Steve. Happily the "nice twin" walked away from hitting the fence upside down! :t: and went on to notch a five ride paid maximum. Ludde too was flying, if only he could make his life easier by outgating the rest but we all love watching the guy wrestling his bike at full throttle to catch the leader. I pay my admission to be entertained and captain Lightnin does that on his own. The race of the night /season came in heat 14 When Berwicks inspired choice of guest Rob Branford took the lead and Anton Rosen and Simon Neilsen took up the chase. 4 laps of brilliant racing saw all 3 riders cross the finish line together with Simon finishing the faster. The result a 4-2 to the diamonds with Simon getting the win and Anton less than a bike length in third. But equal admiration to Rob Branford. The lad was brilliant in the whole match and should be on George's guest list at home and his shopping list for next season

So we all witnessed a great feast of racing despite Bandits not looking likely winners, they had a couple of class riders in Thomas Jorgensen 14, and Edinburgh Guest Rob Branford 11+1

These two were impressive and if Risager & Doolan had performed the result could have been in doubt.

Anton had a better match, I think his confidence may have taken a knock mid season but there are signs he is riding himself out of it

Being having to be effectively forced to take a 'clap lap' for his win shows that the lad is lacking confidence. Cmon Anton, finish the season on a flyer!

Interesting meeting last night with an easy win expected against a very makeshift Berwick team. I would have thought a big win with us hitting 55-57 points. Didn't start too well with Simon moving out and pushing Steve into and along the airfence, putting a 7 foot gash just above the rubber skirt. Steve did the biz in the rerun, but later had to swop his bent bars for straight ones. Berwick were well led by Thomas who trapped well and blasted around the boards, except when he missed that gate, but still didn't stop trying. Held up in heat 13 by Kevin, otherwise he could have attacked a bit earlier. Branford really surprised me as he is usually out of control and crashing, but last night he was still aggressive but fast and safer. I believe he is also carrying injuries, which makes his performance even better. You could see the way Kevin walked on the parade that he was not fully fit and even sat on the bike partly side on. Never looked comfortable.

Even at heat 9 we were only 4 points up, but after that we started to take the heat advantages that we expected, and pulled away to a safe score of 53-37. It still was a good performance from both sides.

As others have said, there were a least two great rides and a decent crowd enjoyed every minute of them.

Some neat riding also in the NJL meeting between the same two sides, with the Berwick Bandits no 8, Kieran Douglas, winning all three rides, as did Harry McGurk in the 125cc races. Interesting that the average winning time of the 500's races were only 1.3 seconds ahead of the average 125's winning times. Some class that.

Tempted Dave, but this is a family forum. Thought myself that the younger lads seemed quicker than the older ones in the second half. Admit to only seeing the first four heats though.

Yes not a great night but that is hardly called for I doubt Rose would have dine better as I understand he is only there while Rose is out injured.

Junior

Edited by junior fan