British Speedway Forum
Hob Nob

Rye House Raiders V's Eastbourne Eagles Sat 15th Aug 7pm

???

Proper cocked that up!!!

Think its only 3 points 4 if won by 6 or more. Good meeting any how

Eastbourne won by 4 points. Steven is perfectly correct

Disappointing result for Rye , with Rob winning the battle of the number ones , Eastbourne had too much depth by the sounds of it and the new German rider was the difference.

Junior

Disappointing result for Rye , with Rob winning the battle of the number ones , Eastbourne had too much depth by the sounds of it and the new German rider was the difference.

Junior

Spiller made the difference, no doubt about it. Apart from that the sides were pretty evenly matched.

Terrific entertainment and an outstanding ride by Rob Branford in heat 13 that was worth the admission alone!

Track was dust free and the atmosphere was lively.

Great value for a tenner.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Spiller made the difference, no doubt about it. Apart from that the sides were pretty evenly matched.

Terrific entertainment and an outstanding ride by Rob Branford in heat 13 that was worth the admission alone!

Track was dust free and the atmosphere was lively.

Great value for a tenner.

Would love to see heat 13 if anyone recorded it on a phone or something.What was the crowd like does NL have a future at Rye House.

Junior

Really enjoyable meeting tonight. Several close races and the track looked in terrific condition. Eastbourne fans were great too.

Looking forward to the next Rye House v Eastbourne encounter.

• Like 1

Thoroughly enjoyable meeting with loads of good racing. Heat 13 was a classic and it's a shame Rye had such a poor start to season as they have a very decent team. Spiller was good and is an interesting prospect, Owen and Hopwood contributed greatly and Dugard/Wooley were more than worth their tallies, BWD great to watch as ever.

Does Hume always ride like that? Very exciting but almost horizontal entering bends. Btw 'Junior fan', Spiller is not a German rider, he is English born and of English parentage, he happens to live there due to Armed Forces reasons.

Thank the lord we're National League these days, wouldn't go back to Elite League for anything. Nice to have team spirit and togetherness, as the 200+ tickets sold for end of season Amex Stadium shindig show.

What was the crowd like

Junior

A decent crowd for an NL meeting, boosted by a fair few Eagles fans.

Does Hume always ride like that?

Yes, but I've only ever seen him race at Rye. Scary innit? Edited by Shads

I haven't been to rye for 7 yrs, the track was miles better than it used to be even tho it was catching the youngsters out a bit , more shale and well watered.

The thing that worried me for rye was the place looked very run down, used to be seating area either end, that's all gone bar a little temp stand on bend 1-2.

I enjoyed meeting , spiller looked to hate the track and still get a Gd score.

Heat 13 was great but bwd payed for trying to protect his slower partner as Branford steamed by .

Vgd match at this level

I haven't been to rye for 7 yrs, the track was miles better than it used to be even tho it was catching the youngsters out a bit , more shale and well watered.

The thing that worried me for rye was the place looked very run down, used to be seating area either end, that's all gone bar a little temp stand on bend 1-2.

I enjoyed meeting , spiller looked to hate the track and still get a Gd score.

Heat 13 was great but bwd payed for trying to protect his slower partner as Branford steamed by .

Vgd match at this level

Was it Rye having work done over the winter and didn't get finished or was that somewhere else?

Was it Rye having work done over the winter and didn't get finished or was that somewhere else?

The new promotion didn't take over until late 2014/early 2015, leaving little time to do much apart from the initial groundwork. I'm told they'll be on the case once the season ends, which looks like it'll be the end of September the way things are going.

• Like 1

The new promotion didn't take over until late 2014/early 2015, leaving little time to do much apart from the initial groundwork. I'm told they'll be on the case once the season ends, which looks like it'll be the end of September the way things are going.

Yeah thought that was the case. They still have a chance in the NT final... Against us.... Again

A decent crowd for an NL meeting, boosted by a fair few Eagles fans.

Yes, but I've only ever seen him race at Rye. Scary innit?

it might be scary along side him but he's fabulous to watch , though i'm not sure my heart could take watching him every week.

would it be possible if some of the work you talk about include finding out where those mosquitos come from on the back straight and napalming the little b*********s. i've always wanted filmstar looks but i wasn't thinking of john hurt in the elephant man.

Well the New owner uses Len as the frontman and we all heard what he said about the work and improvements continuing during the summer as the work was hampered by the winter weather. So they close the area to the public then do nothing? Leave it to the winter and get cracking that is of course if they are not hampered again by the weather. My main gripe is that is the lack of viewing on all the bends and especially the exit from the second bend. Fine if you want to watch the racing from the home straight which i don't.

One other thing that was interesting was Andrew's race card notes where he mentioned that he couldn't offer Spiller a team place because for some reason the training school is not operating to his satisfaction due to the new management. A lot of friendly faces have disappeared gradually this season to be replaced by the bloke who must be in the Guinness Book of records for carrying the biggest bunch of keys in the world and the large security bloke who feels the need to capture everyone's attention as you arrive.

As far as the meeting went pretty entertaining with Eastbourne deserving exactly what they got.

There seems to be alot of unrest in the Raiders camp, Luke Chessell was seen to be loading his van back up before the start of the meeting yesterday obviously got the problem sorted but can't be good for the team to focus on the task ahead.

Heard he was told to leave the stadium, something to do with the big bunch of keys man. Who is he? Comes across as a right pratt!

Don't know anything about the workings behind the scenes but changes happen in every company and they're not always bad.

So many rumours in here and earlier threads about Rye but until things change I've no idea what the future holds for the place. It is run down and the whole place needs a spark from somewhere.

Enjoyable meeting but concerned about Andrew's notes on training facilities.