British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
daveallan81

King's Lynn V Hackney (bl) 30/9/1978

The Speedway Star, a meeting-marked programme and the stats in the King's Lynn programme of 22/10 all report the following Hackney scorers: Keith White 1+1 from 3; Finn Thomsen 6 from 5; Vic Harding 7 from 4.

However the yearbook reports: Keith White 0 from 2; Finn Thomsen 6 from 6; Vic Harding 8+1 from 5.

And the stats in the final Hackney programme 27/10 seem to concur with the yearbook's version of events.

White's only point came in heat 5, reported as Betts, McNeil, White, Gagen as noted in the marked programme. I need this result confirmed please - did Harding replace White?

Thomsen rode at #5 and there was no r/r in operation so I'm at a loss to explain how he took 6 rides. His TS ride was in heat 8.

Any information must come from a meeting-marked programme for obvious reasons.

By way of an update, I've had a message off-forum that confirms the yearbook and the Hackney figures are wrong so I'll consider this resolved unless I hear otherwise.