British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mdmc82

King's Lynn V Coventry Wed 19th August

Neil, looking at the other likely teams to make the play offs, do you honestly think we will make the final, let alone win. It's a honest question.

Whilst I have enjoyed watching our team this year and like all the riders in it, it is frustrating to see us so far below the point limit and watch other teams strengthening at the business end whilst we seem to be weaker.

Edited by mdmc82

Neil be fair we will be cannon fodder respect does not win titles

I have been a member of this forum for many years, as a fan and as a promoter. I post in a polite manner, using my own name, and where I disagree with others I approach it in a pleasant manner.

I see no need for insults being thrown at anyone, including our promotion that has put together a team that has been top of the league pretty much all season, and been successful home and away.

There is, sadly, a minority of posters here (hiding behind pseudonyms) that think it is clever to throw insults, at Coventry and other Clubs, without having the tiniest idea of exactly what goes on behind the scenes at a Club.

It can't be a co-incidence that I am one of very few promoters who are prepared to post here.

Edited for typo

Edited by NeilWatson
  • Like 2

In some ways 60-30 may force a change of one is not already planned - it happened after the Leicester 60-30 in March!

Think that might show tomorrow and Friday night.

True as these are two of the three teams we would be likely to meet in the play offs.

I have been a member of this forum for many years, as a fan and as a promoter. I post in a polite manner, using my own name, and where I disagree with others I approach it in a pleasant manner.

I see no need for insults being thrown at anyone, including our promotion that has put together a team that has been top of the league pretty much all season, and been successful home and away.

There is, sadly, a minority of posters here (hiding behind pseudonyms) that think it is clever to throw insults, at Coventry and other Clubs, without having the tiniest idea of exactly what goes on behind the scenes at a Club.

It can't be a co-incidence that I am one of very few promoters who are prepared to post here.

Edited for typo

Well said,how anyone can question a team that is equal to Poole all season and nether have any serious competition to worry about amazes me.

Coventry will be a force in the play offs and to believe different is plain crazy.

• Like 1

Well said,how anyone can question a team that is equal to Poole all season and nether have any serious competition to worry about amazes me.

Coventry will be a force in the play offs and to believe different is plain crazy.

Yes we have done we these season.

However Swindon are much stronger than start of the season. Poole started the season slowly but are now hitting form esp at home.

We have a couple of riders who have lost form and we are under the points limit.

I guess we will see after tomorrow and Friday.

However Swindon are much stronger than start of the season. Poole started the season slowly but are now hitting form esp at home.

We have a couple of riders who have lost form and we are under the points limit.

You like a lot of teams, have had riders underperforming all season long yet have been top for a huge chunk of the season.

Keep the faith! :t:

You like a lot of teams, have had riders underperforming all season long yet have been top for a huge chunk of the season.

Keep the faith! :t:

The important thing to remember is that our No1 has slipped to second string. Not only that he looks a spent force in every country he rides. I wouldn't expect to see any improvement even allowing for the fact he is no longer a heat leader.

Add to that the fact that Robbo openly questioned his desire to continue in the sport due to his many knocks to his head recently.

We have been held together by some excellent efforts from the rest of the team , in particular Garrity who has covered for a lot of our shortcomings.

When it comes to the play off we will need all seven riders on form as it will be a new competition and league positions will count for very little.

The team as it stands now, hasn't got a chance of winning the play off matches, sad to say.

• Like 5

Swindon are not as strong as some think. When they have raced decent sides away they have not done well. They lost at Poole and never looked like winning last night.They were lucky to get a point mainly due to Zagar's withdrawal and the rerun of of heat 13.

• Like 1

Swindon are not as strong as some think. When they have raced decent sides away they have not done well. They lost at Poole and never looked like winning last night.They were lucky to get a point mainly due to Zagar's withdrawal and the rerun of of heat 13.

I don't think they are the strongest. Think they will be hard to beat on our track though as Ward rides it well and their team is made up of mainly ex Coventry riders in Zengota, Morris, Summers & Branford.

I personally think Poole would beat Swindon over two legs, but also think both may beat us over two legs.

Exactly. I'm a Swindon fan and was saying this all last week. We are dodgy as hell at reserve and I bet there hasn't been a meeting against a top 4 side away where our reserves have outscored the opposition. We need to win away twice to make it IMO and I can't see where those wins are coming from.

KL should do the business tomorrow night

Looks like we are also likely to be without Garrity 😞 Not a great idea to guest when already injured. (Shall we start the rain dance now)

Taken from bees site:

Bees are also sweating on fitness issues as they await confirmation on the position regarding Stuart Robson - whilst star reserve Jason Garrity is also a doubt after a series of crashes in recent days.

Garrity came down heavily at Berwick on Saturday and his problems were compounded in two more spills whilst guesting at Wolverhampton on Monday, so Bees will confirm their team plans on Wednesday morning.

Edited by mdmc82