British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Coventry V Swindon - 21/08/2015

The weather forecast keeps changing, but is staying just about acceptable so I may well go to this if all goes to plan.

Going in the top 5, Swindon are more than a match for them there Bees, but it's those reserves again. It's those reserves! Top scorer in the British final verses our own honest, hard trying FTR pair doesn't auger well.

Bees should win due to their bottom end strength, but our top end strength should hopefully get us a point.

I predict a decent crowd, because Bees fans love our Darcy.

• Like 2

Both of Swindon's reserves are missing due to PL clashes so guests may be a bonus for the Robins.

Coventry are without Hans Andersen and with his average now 6+ there will not be many suitable replacements.

Bees could be without Robson (and our usual guest Summers is now unavailable😉)

Haha love your joke about bees fans loving Ward (and don't forget his unnamed partner in crime), however Zengota will get a great reception, as he did when he returned to Brandon with Belle Vue earlier this season.

I'm going to wait to see the team lineups before making a prediction, although Swindon will be strong at Brandon with 3 ex bees on our track.

Edited by mdmc82

The weather forecast keeps changing, but is staying just about acceptable so I may well go to this if all goes to plan.

Going in the top 5, Swindon are more than a match for them there Bees, but it's those reserves again. It's those reserves! Top scorer in the British final verses our own honest, hard trying FTR pair doesn't auger well.

Bees should win due to their bottom end strength, but our top end strength should hopefully get us a point.

I predict a decent crowd, because Bees fans love our Darcy.

I think the replacements for Hans and Robbo will have a big bearing on the result, could easily be an away win and a guaranteed max for Darcy.

• Like 1

Both of Swindon's reserves are missing due to PL clashes so guests may be a bonus for the Robins.

Bees could be without Robson (and our usual guest Summers is now unavailable)

Not sure guests at reserve will make a difference either way. We just need to swallow up the reserve points and send agent Andersen out on a mission.

I think the replacements for Hans and Robbo will have a big bearing on the result, could easily be an away win and a guaranteed max for Darcy.

No Hans? Why not?

• Like 1

Not sure guests at reserve will make a difference either way. We just need to swallow up the reserve points and send agent Andersen out on a mission.

No Hans? Why not?

Hans wasn't on a mission last time he guested for you.

Hans is riding in the Danish Final so will just be a 6+ rider for him 😕

Hans is riding in the Danish Final so will just be a 6+ rider for him

Yes he was. His mission was to deter all the silly cheating accusations by scoring less than Nick Morris would have.

• Like 1

Yes he was. His mission was to deter all the silly cheating accusations by scoring less than Nick Morris would have.

😂😂😂😂

Hans is riding in the Danish Final so will just be a 6+ rider for him 😕

Surely R/R would be better

Surely R/R would be better

Walasek would be good as rides Brandon well.

Solid scores on his two visits this year

Risk with RR is King & Garrity both riding injured, sarjeant in poor form & no idea if guest for Robson.

Edited by mdmc82

If we're going to go with R/R then you go R/R for Robbo as replacements for Robbo would be Garrity (x3 - technically Sarj has to have 1 of them but Garrity will get Sarjs ride) and the Hans guest. Where as R/R for Hans would mean a ride Garrity (x2), the 4.5 PL guest and King. Basically the same level of riders. But by having a guest for Hans rather than Robbo you get a better guest by over 2 points - You're basically asking, do you want Matej Kus or Greg Walasek to guest!

Well isn't that just typical. Trying to find a good guest and R/R to help you win. Cheating Bees.

• Like 3

Swindon will be strong at Brandon with 3 ex bees on our track.

Four. Morris, Zengi, Summers and Batchelor.

Lindgren wouldn't be a bad shout as a guest for Hans.

Easy away win even with no reserves.

Lindgren wouldn't be a bad shout as a guest for Hans

I'd rather have Thorsell

Lindgren wouldn't be a bad shout as a guest for Hans

I'd rather have Thorsell

Agree Thorssell usually goes well around Brandon. I'd say there must be plenty of options available to guest for Hans. I'd agree with SCB go r/r for Robbo.