British Speedway Forum
Grachan

Coventry V Swindon - 21/08/2015

Not surprising I bet mick can't understand why !

That'd be because he's a dumb T***

Coventry away is usually a dead cert visit, despite the mad dash from work to meet others and head up through the Cotswolds..

Today's lack of team news (which has such a bearing on the result) killed any enthusiasm.

If Garrity had ridden tonight he would have probably scored at least 12 or more (from 7 rides), but because the youngsters can't be arsed to ride for the poor money on offer, we end up with 2 riders I've never heard of riding in the Elite League (no disrespect to them and well done for turning out tonight).

Surely it is time now to ditch the FTR riders in the EL - far too many results are determined by the quality (or lack of) of these youngsters...

• Like 1

Pirate Oliver was their advisor and told them AARON would be a poor signing paid 10 last night and 10 from 4 rides so far tonight

We will. For Robbo's RR rides. With the likely exception of Ward, Jason is capable of beating any of Swindon's team at Brandon.

I did say we shouldn't miss him too much but didnt factor in Sarjeant dropping silly points.

Both cov reserves doing ok and better than the Robins duo.

It's the 1-5 that's letting them down.

Epic mistake by the Bees management in letting Rosco take Summers from under their noses.

Why take Summers when we have 6.5 available, we should be looking at signing someone like Michelsen, Zmarzlik, Dudek and others who are at ally heat leaders for a 4pt rider

Pirate Oliver was their advisor and told them AARON would be a poor signing paid 10 last night and 10 from 4 rides so far tonight

Very poor signing indeed could only finish 3rd. in his first race, simply not good enough..must have been his hairstyle that put 'em off I guess. Rosco is a far better motivator. Great stadium to watch motor-cycle racing though.

Another superb performance from those ROOBINS and another win at Cov!!!

• Like 1

Both cov reserves doing ok and better than the Robins duo.

It's the 1-5 that's letting them down.

Sarj should be scoring heavily tonight but yeah a few poor performances in there. Also highlights the need to use our points available. Edited by woz01

Why take Summers when we have 6.5 available, we should be looking at signing someone like Michelsen, Zmarzlik, Dudek and others who are at ally heat leaders for a 4pt rider

When is the penny going to drop ..you not got the money .

• Like 3

Their response to a Horton offer would be "That's fine for my agent's 10% now what are you offering me ?" :lol:

When is the penny going to drop ..you not got the money .

To bring in Michelsen? Of course we could if there was ambition. I'm sure some of the Poles will want meetings now their season is pretty much finished. Even an Howarth or Barker improves the side.

Edit to add Dudek has said he wants meetings in the EL.

Edited by woz01

We have simply been out classed tonight by a better team.

After the season we have had, it was Sad to see people leaving at the interval, very disappointed and looking deflated

Two questions

1. Do those who said it was a silly idea when I suggested replacing Robson with Summers still think that?

2. Does Watson & co still think we don't need to strengthen at no 2?

All in all that was the worst bees performance I have seen in a long while and without a change and improvement in form, we will just be making up the numbers.

Well done to Danny Ayres who put up a good fight. Really concerning watching Sarjeant as he looks a shadow of the rider he was last season.

We have simply been out classed tonight by a better team.

After the season we have had, it was Sad to see people leaving at the interval, very disappointed and looking deflated

Two questions

1. Do those who said it was a silly idea when I suggested replacing Robson with Summers still think that?

2. Does Watson & co still think we don't need to strengthen at no 2?

All in all that was the worst bees performance I have seen in a long while and without a change and improvement in form, we will just be making up the numbers.

Well done to Danny Ayres who put up a good fight. Really concerning watching Sarjeant as he looks a shadow of the rider he was last season.

Answer to 1 is yes when we have 6.5 available to replace Robbo. Summers won't score much away at the likes of Poole or Kings Lynn

Answer to 2. If they don't then they either have no ambition or are just blind.

Edited by woz01