British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
IpswichDave

Rye House Vs Ipswich - Sat 22nd August

Well done boys - job done.

50/50 now between us and Plymouth.

Glad to see Lewy says no prob for Devils to fit in the postponed fixture. Would hate to qualify down to a cut off date.

6 points from RR. There's your game changer

The game changer is one man who can win a race (apart from Luke).

What a shower!

Len can say what he likes in the press, the proof is the result and lack of winers in the The side.

• Like 1

Saturday August 22, 2015:

PREMIER LEAGUE

RYE HOUSE 44: Edward Kennett 18, Kasper Lykke 8, Anders Mellgren 7+3, Robin Aspegren 4+1, Luke Bowen 4, Danny Maassen 3+1, Nikolaj B Jakobsen r/r.

IPSWICH 46: Danny King 11+2, Cameron Heeps 11+1, Ashley Morris 10+2, Gino Manzares 6, Rohan Tungate 5, Tero Aarnio 3, Nico Covatti r/r.

The game changer is one man who can win a race (apart from Luke).

What a shower!

Len can say what he likes in the press, the proof is the result and lack of winers in the The side.

Looking at the programme during the interval after heat 10 the writing was on the wall. Couldn't see any way past an Ipswich win from there. Robin going from 2nd to last in heat 13 was a shocker, but reserve scores made the difference. Ashley Morris won it for em in the end Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

Rye were POOR, Kennett excepted.

Track not great.

Car parking a joke.

Morris 10 points? Another joke.

Rye were POOR, Kennett excepted.

Track not great.

Car parking a joke.

Morris 10 points? Another joke.

Problems all over the place. Changes need to be made now, no messing about. Any other team would've made them weeks ago.

Making Morris look like a world beater is criminal.

Edited by Shads
  • Like 1

Bet you would like Morris at reserve for Rye instead of what you have. At least we gave Ash a place instead of a German who just isn't good enough.

• Like 2

Major problems at the launch pad. The dust off at the start of the season seems to have been the catalyst for the whole year. Internal fighting, lack of stadium improvements and a new owner that is conspicuous by his absence and his silence!

• Like 1

Not a bad Evening's entertainment. Shame we couldn't get the 4 points to put more pressure on Plymouth, but when you've got riders like Gino and Rohan attacking the 3rd bend like they're riding a huge track in Poland, then you drop points. But all round we deserved it, just hope No's 2-7 turn up for the Rockets when Plymouth are in Town.

Wasn't it all positive at the start of the season? Improvements to be made every week? I'm sure I heard Len say that

Not a bad Evening's entertainment. Shame we couldn't get the 4 points to put more pressure on Plymouth, but when you've got riders like Gino and Rohan attacking the 3rd bend like they're riding a huge track in Poland, then you drop points. But all round we deserved it, just hope No's 2-7 turn up for the Rockets when Plymouth are in Town.

You would think gino would like a track like that. And rohan has been there plenty of times but just doesn't seem to do anything

Bet you would like Morris at reserve for Rye instead of what you have. At least we gave Ash a place instead of a German who just isn't good enough.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

I dont think hindsight is required to know Maassen shouldnt be anywhere near a PL reserve berth ahead of a young Brit.
  • Like 2

Looking at the programme during the interval after heat 10 the writing was on the wall. Couldn't see any way past an Ipswich win from there. Robin going from 2nd to last in heat 13 was a shocker, but reserve scores made the difference. Ashley Morris won it for em in the end

The way its going at the moment you can chalk Edward up for five wins before the meeting the trouble is when looking at the programme is where any other wins will come from and if we don't get a big advantage from Edwards races we aint going to win a match like this. For me this is a poor Ipswich team compare to other years and we should be beating them at home no problem but we're not and that shows how poor we really are. Not only can't we cope with RR but we lose NBJ for the final race too. To be successful you need a big number one which on current form we have, but you also need decent reserves and we haven't. Robin hasn't really done it for me all season and last night i felt he was poor and giving up in two rides doesn't help. If we are looking to next season then only Kennett Jakobsen and Lykke should be retained, But of course this is Rye House so i suppose Boxall and Bowen are already pencilled in and i can't see much improvement even if we did bring in someone like Lambert

Edited by westhamboy66
  • Like 1