British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne Vs Mildenhall Saturday 29/08/15 @7:30pm

Weather not looking great this evening

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so, could you please send me a private message including your mobile number.

Thanks

No Halsey now

Still looking for a texter for this meeting. . can anyone help please?

Thanks

I can't wait for it not to be raining when the meeting was meant to be on.

I can't wait for it not to be raining when the meeting was meant to be on

Maybe we should hope you go out without a coat and get soaked :rofl::nono:

This is crazy, Three miles from the track and not a drop of rain and the cloud formation to the west is exactly the same as overhead.

The BBC hourly weather forecast a few hours ago changed from showers between 14.00 and 15.00 then clear until 22.00 to the latest which is no rain until 24.00.

There has to be another reason!

• Like 1

Maybe we should hope you go out without a coat and get soaked :rofl::nono:

I will stand outside at 7:30 whatever the weather and see what happens

can someone explain what happened yesterday as we're just baffled. we hit rain between bracknell and brighton admittedly pretty heavy but as soon as we turned onto the a27 there was nothing and the roads were bone dry so we were shocked to pull up outside the gates to see the sign. rather than just turn around and drive the 4 hrs home we stopped off at the reservoir near the stadium to have a break,the grass there didn't even wet our shoes and what should have been a puddle of mud at the entrance was solid under foot that was at 6.15. what a waste of a day and £70.

The cynic in me would say that they bottled it as Spiller was riding in Germany ….

atm i'd see that as more believable than a hedgehog had p****d on the track.

Connor said this on Facebook

It's not easy making a decision like this. Nor is it easy to sit back and read the comments and bite your tongue so I will show you the bigger picture as opposed to your views. Firstly Thank you to the fans that haven't accused us of 'other reasoning' to call this meeting off.

We want to run events as often and frequent as possible why would we want to call this meeting off please answer this? Surely your accusations have some reasoning or evidence to back it up Alan Andy Mike? But if we hadn't have called it off then everyone would have labelled us to be like Coventry who have had to abandon meetings due to poor track conditions would you rather us call it off 5 hours early so you do have some time to rearrange your evening or turn up do one race, track isn't suitable then have to call the whole meeting off and it's a waste of an evening.

As well as this if a meeting is started and rained off we then have to pay the away team there points money and travel money. For arguments sake let's say no races went ahead but all the riders made it - Mildenhalls mileage would be roughly:
Danny Halsey - Milton Keynes 270 miles
Tom Bacon - Birmingham 400 miles
Connor Mountain - Cambridge 220 miles
Jack Kingston - Tilbury 120 miles
Connor Coles - Ipswich 225 miles
Luke Ruddick - Berwick 800 miles
Nick Laurence - Eastbourne 10 miles

So in excess of 2000 miles at 10p a mile is already £200 on travel plus our riders travel the cost to rent the stadium - so actually this decision was in the interest of the club the fan experience and if the meeting had gone ahead with poor conditions potential rider safety but that's okay continue to make accusations icon_smile.gif

• Like 1

I still haven't got over it, especially as we have never been close again. [Not even thinking about 2015]

talk about opening a can of worms, sounds like we all need therapy still.

It's fair enough he has done this and has saved us money but did it ever rain? My forecast never showed rain at all? Still if it's a double header I can't make it