British Speedway Forum
Alex2000

Eastbourne Vs Mildenhall Saturday 29/08/15 @7:30pm

It must have been a hard decision to call this off when they did and they must have been praying for rain once they had but I feel for them.

There is always someone unhappy when rain comes in to play. If they cancel after a few heats they get slagged off for not calling it earlier. If they call it off and the weather is good, they get slagged off for calling it off. If they get through to heat 12, they get accused of allowing a match to go on with little racing in poor conditions and are accused of conning us out of our money.

I rarely complain about the promotion because I dont run a speedway club but what I do run is a business and I have to make decisions every day that may be questioned by my engineers my peers and my customers. Some are wrong, some are right (I would like to think most of them) but all are made by weighing up what I think is best all round.

Thats what Connor and Martin are doing. And a hell a lot of what they have done this year has been right!

Edited by stevec
  • Like 2

With rain calls off, you will never please everyone.

I think Rye House get it right and call early when there is any threat of rain. You know where you are.

There, I have praised Len Silver. Whatever next?

what I do run is a business and I have to make decisions every day that may be questioned by my engineers my piers and my customers.

I hate it when those bloody piers stick their promenades in !!

pier-slider.jpg

• Like 1

With rain calls off, you will never please everyone.

I think Rye House get it right and call early when there is any threat of rain. You know where you are.

There, I have praised Len Silver. Whatever next?

that was not the case on Saturday. The forecast for rye was far worst than eastie, yet they made the effort to run. The rain began at start time and got heavier as the meeting went on. Their reward was the lowest crowd of the season, for one of their most attractive NL fixtures.

Bad weather forecast, Gp on TV, not a great fixture, seeing most of the crowd from Eastbourne are from at least an hours drive away it was a hard one to call for the club. Let's say for a ref riders travel and rent plus medical at a guess £1000 to make it easy to work out. A drop in crowd figures because because of the Gp. Many others staying at home because rain was forecast and others because the fixture was not great with out Danny Halsey. Tough to say the least. I rather the club could afford to battle another day then make a mistake and be rained off with all the cost. The club had it spot on last week against Birmingham with the weather. Saturday was overcast and had a few down pours but didn't come to much here but it did rain enough for me to think it wouldn't be on. I was not surprised when it was on the clubs web page.

It ment I could sit at home and watch the GP.

Didn't all fixtures get rained off from Saturday and Monday.

Edited by catinthehat

They don't need to pay rent, they own the place!

Connor stated him and Martin do pay rent to Bob Alex?

What? Why it's not like he's short for money with the business that's in the family

I hate it when those bloody piers stick their promenades in !!

pier-slider.jpg

Ha ha, brilliant!

Now edited.

I will be watching your post from now on.

What? Why it's not like he's short for money with the business that's in the family

better the money be passed around the dugard family than the tax man get his hands on it . :wink:

It was stated at the start of the year when questions were asked, Connor and Martin pay rent every week when they use the track for Speedway. I think thats why a few weeks ago they had enough of having to take down the air fence as they also have to pay for that as well to go up and down but ended up doing it them selfs.

No matter who ownes the track can you see Bob putting his hand in his pocket to help out the boys, after years of Bob loosing money then the boys making it work must hurt, I think the racing has been some of the best we have seen at Eastbourne for a few many years.

Bob and Len the older generation and have to let it go, Andrew had enough of his Len and was made to walk at Rye House hope thats not going to happen at Eastbourne.