British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shadders

Rye House V Plymouth... 31st August, 2pm

Not surprised it's been called off early to save riders and fans travelling

Certainly the right call to postpone early. Plymouth needed the meeting on more so than Rye as they chase that all important top 6 spot. With Peterborough due at Hoddesdon next Monday in a PL match to insure the match is complete before the deadline cut off date, I wonder when this match against Plymouth will take place? As Shadders has stated the fixture list is pretty full up to the end of September.

It does make you think though when the Rockets had a very baron spell during June when the Rockets I think had one home meeting in about six weeks why PL fixtures weren't slotted in there.

But I guess hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Is this postponement good or bad for the Witches??? Not sure!

It's certainly not bad for them!

It backs the Devils fixtures up so that their final 4 meetings all have to take place immediately before the cut-off:

Home to Berwick 4th Sep

Home to Scunthorpe 10th Sep

Away to Scunthorpe 11th Sep

Away to Rye house TBA

No margin for weather or injuries. Unless all these meetings take place before the cut-off, it is virtually impossible for the Devils to make the play-offs.

Edited by ancient mariner
  • Like 1

It's certainly not bad for them!

It backs the Devils fixtures up so that their final 4 meetings all have to take place immediately before the cut-off:

Home to Berwick 4th Sep

Home to Scunthorpe 10th Sep

Away to Scunthorpe 11th Sep

Away to Rye house TBA

No margin for weather or injuries. Unless all these meetings take place before the cut-off, it is virtually impossible for the Devils to make the play-offs.

If Plymouth get maximum points from their remaining home fixtures (quite likely I would have thought) they would need only a three point win at Scunthorpe to go level with Ipswich but would get sixth spot by way of superior points difference.

In 2007 the Rockets were sitting in 4th place (the final qualifying place) on the cut off date. They went on to win the league, beating Sheffield in the play off final. Ironically Birmingham finished in 4th place after the cut off date.

Good omen for Ipswich should Plymouth not complete their fixtures in time

Edited by Shads
  • Like 2

If Plymouth get maximum points from their remaining home fixtures (quite likely I would have thought) they would need only a three point win at Scunthorpe to go level with Ipswich but would get sixth spot by way of superior points difference.

The difference in points difference(!!!!) is huge at present.

The Witches are +140

The Devils are -7

Even with two huge home wins, I honestly can't see the Devils improving their points difference such that they overhaul the Witches in the event of a tie. TBH I'm still pinching myself because for the Devils to be even within a distant shout of 6th place MUST be a dream, surely!

The difference in points difference(!!!!) is huge at present.

The Witches are +140

The Devils are -7

Even with two huge home wins, I honestly can't see the Devils improving their points difference such that they overhaul the Witches in the event of a tie. TBH I'm still pinching myself because for the Devils to be even within a distant shout of 6th place MUST be a dream, surely!

You're right. I jotted down the figures for both clubs then managed to reverse those for Ipswich.

Match rearranged for Saturday 12th September to replace the Somerset KO Cup match which will be rescheduled.

• Like 1

3 meetings in 3 days for the Devils.

Just a little co-operation from the weather gods please .......

• Like 1

I tried to find a thread suitable, but couldn't so i'l post it on here.
Everybody at Poole is very greatful to everybody at Plymouth for there donation to Darcy Wards fund. Your clerk of the course travelled from Exeter to Poole to pass on the donation of £900 himself.
Sterling effort from all you Plymouth fans. Thank you very much. :t:

#43DW
stay strong

Edited by Starman2006