British Speedway Forum
T.N.T.

Aces Last Stand - Monmore Green 31/8

They will be lucky if they get a handful of away fans then

They have the same issue with home fans. :wink:

• Like 2

Is there a good reason why the Leicester meeting couldn't be run the week after? A meeting between bottom 2 teams doesn't have to be done before cut off.

• Like 1

Hello people. A returning (lapsed) speedway fan here. I was looking forward to watching this match on telly, I'd even arranged to go to a mates house to watch and all. Oh, well never mind. Hopefully next season i shall be able to make some visits to my local track, Owlerton, and get some action in in the flesh.

Is there a good reason why the Leicester meeting couldn't be run the week after? A meeting between bottom 2 teams doesn't have to be done before cut off.

,Seems the logical thing to do. I hate double headers .the track will be slick as you like by the time we get to meeting 2.Tracks in Britain are not up to running 30 heats of speedway in 1 night.

• Like 2

Been rearranged for next Monday now double header with Leicester. Hope they not expecting all the BV fans (and Leicester fans) who travelled halfway yesterday to pay more now next week.

Thanks for the info, Rob. Looks like I'll be glued to the Updates screen!

Regards,

Ron.

Thanks for the info, Rob. Looks like I'll be glued to the Updates screen!

Regards,

Ron.

Busy night for me then. :wink:

• Like 1

Wolves web-site says they don't want to run against the live televised play-offs.

Wolves web-site says they don't want to run against the live televised play-offs.

There was an opportunity to run the Leceister meeting on a Wednesday but CVS says he doesn't want to run against Cradley or Birmingham.Can't see how these 2 meetings running along side each other will impact on the attendance at either.Surely the start line staff who work at both tracks can be split / supplemented for 1 night only.Its not just Wolves but a seems lot of clubs can't wait to get the doors shut to end the season.

Christ, don't let DAC see that press release, he'll go into overdrive.

• Like 1

Surely the start line staff who work at both tracks can be split / supplemented for 1 night only.Its not just Wolves but a seems lot of clubs can't wait to get the doors shut to end the season.

Don't think it's that simple. Certainly other track staff can't be split as there is a bare minimum usually.

There was an opportunity to run the Leceister meeting on a Wednesday but CVS says he doesn't want to run against Cradley or Birmingham.Can't see how these 2 meetings running along side each other will impact on the attendance at either.Surely the start line staff who work at both tracks can be split / supplemented for 1 night only.Its not just Wolves but a seems lot of clubs can't wait to get the doors shut to end the season.

So it sounds as if wednesday night meetings are out altogther.

So if we are forced to stick with mondays,then you can rule out Tai and Pawlicki returning in the near future,and any other decent riders who do Poland on sundays and Sweden on tuesdays.

If we stick with the same format next year,god knows where our next heat leaders are coming from.

Nope, never come across this one before which makes it not the same as any of the other 13 different things on list of things the pokc sycophants are too thick to realise that the pokc actually does more harm than good.

Yet again it wasn't me who brought it up either so as much as I'd like to I can't take the credit for spotting yet another thing on the list of things the pokc...... etc etc.

Strange isn't it how playoffs are successful in every sport they exist in... but you claim not in speedway.

The reality is, speedways woes have nothing to do with playoffs and are far more deep rooted.

Failure to move with the times, failure to promote, consistent refusal to move in line with other nations, the increasing number of guests used due to the double up and fast track system.. and Yes, the double pt rule plays a small part as well.

All of these things and many many more come way above 'playoffs' as a negative in speedway.

• Like 1

Ha ha, yes this one isn't even on the long list of things the pokc sycophants are too thick to realise that the pokc actually does more harm than good.

To be fair it isn't necessarily the pokc 'fault' that Wolves want to make Belle Vue and Leicester fans pay more for watching their teams race there, but clearly without the pokc there simply wouldn't be an issue. Therefore, on balance it does count imo and becomes number 14 on the list of things the pokc sycophants are too thick to realise that the pokc actually does more harm than good.

Ironically the Belle Vue meeting is one of those meetings the pokc sycophants love as it is one of those meetings featuring a mediocre mid table side that been artificially made meaningful and should generate a bigger crowd. The Leicester meeting will possibly have a bearing on who finishes bottom which may otherwise have drawn a few extra from Leicester, especially after their excellent victory at King's Lynn.

The question is will the away fans pay the extra for the one meeting they want to watch while the home fans effectively enjoy a discount for two meetings featuring their team, could be a lose lose in more ways than one for Wolves.

Different day same nonsense.

Agree with some of that but ignoring the negative features of the pokc has been a huge mistake.

Clearly just doing away with the pokc isn't the answer but the clever people need to come up with something that gives us something to match the two overdone positives while eliminating the 14+ negatives.

Few if any moan about the gp yet we are fast approaching a foregone conclusion with a quarter of the season still to go yet it is that scenario that the pokc sycophants regularly trot out as a reason not to decide the championship over the whole season.

As for other sports, rugby fans are the only fans of a sport decided by a pokc that I have discussed the subject with and they moan about several of the same or similar negative features. However they all accept that the £millions it generates for the benefit of all the teams make it worthwhile, without it there probably wouldn't be a pokc in rugby union.

Anyway, hopefully a few heats of tonight's meeting have been run and I can watch it on sky+ and ff the adverts.

There are many who moan about the GP's, it's usually the same ones who moan about the playoffs.

• Like 2