British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Not enough Fridays available once you factor in GPs, SWC and various qualifiers.

And you have to factor in the Storm

And you have to factor in the Storm

Dont think it would matter anyway. Even so Storm 'should' be riding GP weekends anyway.

Can't see Friday as an option with Coventry racing just down the road on that night.

If Alun Rossiter is to be believed and Friday is going to be the EL race night, it surely has to be an option?

Not going to be next season though is it and from 2017 onwards who knows whether there will even be a track for Coventry to ride on so Leicester will be okay to take over Friday's. Mind you I should think David is thoroughly cheesed off with speedway at the moment what with all the vandalism problems and trying to get a team together so we don't know what the future holds for Beaumont Park either. Pretty depressing all round. :neutral:

• Like 2

If Alun Rossiter is to be believed and Friday is going to be the EL race night, it surely has to be an option?

I believe Rosco also said in the same statement that amalgamation would come within a couple of years!!!

Edited by Skidder1

Leicester are going to have such a poor side at this rate.

Time for me to switch off as a visit my 2nd home :-) USA !!

I am sure that David has already been working hard to find a replacement for Doyle. I think he already realised before he went to Swindon that this year was the last, that he would ride in the Lions coulours. The speach he gave on the night of the last meeting, he in a round about way said that he wouldn't be racing for the Lions next year. I am sure that there are still some big names out there.

The only problem that arises is the fact being, can he get anyone who us willing to ride on a Saturday night.

It seems that over the years that the local scum, have been targeting the stadium.

Can't see why there is not that much that they can get away with is there. It is well time they installed some CTTV cams around the stadium. It is cetain that those that are doing the break ins come from close to the stadium, plus it is so tucked away fom view that it is an easy job for them to get in and try thier best to trash the place.

Can't see the local constablary bothering to take a walk around BP evn if they are only a stones throw awy from the place.

Just hope that 2016 bring along better things for the Lions.

• Like 1

I believe Rosco also said in the same statement that amalgamation would come within a couple of years!!!

He did indeed.

pretty sure amalgamation will be a last resort, the elite league clubs affilated to some PL clubs , for the purpose of average manipulation obviously would not want to amalgamate

pretty sure amalgamation will be a last resort, the elite league clubs affilated to some PL clubs , for the purpose of average manipulation obviously would not want to amalgamate

And your proof of average manipulation because of this is where??????????????

As far as I am aware there are no EL clubs that are affiliated to PL clubs................Poole did have with Scunthorpe at one time but they certainly do not now with any club.................

RP

Struggling to see where a genuine number 1 might come from now for the Lions... Wonder if the Lions promotion could persuade someone like Madsen, THJ or MJJ to return to british speedway? and if they do return to British speedway, still feel we might struggle to compete with Belle Vue and Kings Lynn (who will also be on the lookout for number 1s).

Keeping my fingers crossed Walasek will return (but would have expected that to have been announced with Wozniak, wouldn't blame him for wanting to give Britain a miss after the injury plagued 2015 season). Assume Wozniak will be on the heat leader this year, think towards the end of last year he showed his real quality, displaying some great performances away from home too. Hopefully he'll keep coming from strength to strength, probably at number 5. I wonder if Simon Stead might be an option? Although he'd probably be on the heat leader list too.

KK has signed for the Bees, are their any riders left of EL heat leader ilk left?

Larsen maybe, Batch? Shlein? R Lambert?

Struggling to think of any that actually want to do EL League, Shlein and Lambert I would imagine are KL bound..

I wonder on what odds somebody will give me on Leicester not riding in the Elite league in 2016 and freezing their license for a year ??

The list of riders turning down the club grows everyday and options at the top end have just about been exhausted now. The only rider showing an interest is a 6pt PL rider who has never been over impressive at Beaumont Park

I wonder on what odds somebody will give me on Leicester not riding in the Elite league in 2016 and freezing their license for a year ??

The list of riders turning down the club grows everyday and options at the top end have just about been exhausted now. The only rider showing an interest is a 6pt PL rider who has never been over impressive at Beaumont Park

Are you able to tell us the names of those who have turned us down and who that particular rider is?

I'm still hoping Walasek, Masters and maybe Klindt might return... then find someone, anyone who's half decent to ride at number 1 (although I appreciate, they don't tend to just appear and options for us, especially, are limited)

Is this fact or rumour that many have turned them down?

I think riding on a Saturday doesn't really help.