British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

I think Stead would be a good fit for Leicester but can't see Protasewicz coming over, he hasn't ridden since Poole signed him.

Not sure who he rode for last but he seemed to spend a lot of his career at Peterborough.

Not sure who he rode for last but he seemed to spend a lot of his career at Peterborough.

He was with Belle Vue last season and doubled with Sheffield until his horror crash with David Bellego at Rye House in the summer, busted his femur and a few other bones..... So, a lot depends how he has recovered mentally as well as physically... It was a pretty nasty smash by all accounts. Also, with being a Sheffield rider, he would miss a fair few Saturday premier league fixtures unless the premier league teams give GP weekend meetings a miss (doubtful) otherwise he would be an ideal 3rd heatleader.

• Like 1

He was with Belle Vue last season and doubled with Sheffield until his horror crash with David Bellego at Rye House in the summer, busted his femur and a few other bones..... So, a lot depends how he has recovered mentally as well as physically... It was a pretty nasty smash by all accounts. Also, with being a Sheffield rider, he would miss a fair few Saturday premier league fixtures unless the premier league teams give GP weekend meetings a miss (doubtful) otherwise he would be an ideal 3rd heatleader.

I was referring to Pepe not stead.

I think he also rode for Kings Lynn and Oxford but in those days he seemed to not complete many races! He is more reliable now and is a good rider and another loan fee for Poole!

Protasiewicz also rode two full seasons for Ipswich in 2005/6 and averaged around 8 both seasons.

Protasiewicz, always rode well from the times I saw him in the Swedish League this year and he was on very good form, not sure if he wants to ride over here again though. Somehow I doubt if Gollob would want to come back here again, his form has dropped off quite a lot these past couple of years.

As someone said before, would love to see Simon back again, has he got over the terrible crash this year, he looked fine on the last meeting on Sky but it is how it affects him on the track as this was the second time now that he has gone out with a broken leg, it didn't seem to affect him much when he rode for the Lions the year after his first bad accident. He seems to bounce back stronger even after a crash that would have people thinking about giving up.

He said he gave it an auful lot of thought about giving up, talking it over with his wife and he said that once he made the decision, he was back getting himself to full fitness again.

Oh well , we only have a couple of days left before they plan on letting all the fans know, who the rest of the team will be. Can't see it happening though.

A merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone who comes on the Lions Thread. Have a good one and don't get to drunk. I for one don't have that problem as I don't touch the stuff.

• Like 1

I think he also rode for Kings Lynn and Oxford but in those days he seemed to not complete many races! He is more reliable now and is a good rider and another loan fee for Poole!

Had no idea who owned him.

He hasn't ridden here in years and can't see at 40 him riding here again.

Sounds like we are going for a youthful side

Walasek,Protasiewicz and Gollob

Let's hope we don't have lots of sunshine breaks next season as it will be after the curfew and these 3 will be tucked up with warm milk and digestive biscuits.

Is Hancock available ?

Ho Ho Ho

Merry Christmas to all ( including the innocent SCB)

• Like 1

Not even a seasons greetings message on the website....yet.

Expect it'll be posted at 23.59 along with news of the other 3 signings.

Not even a seasons greetings message on the website....yet.

Expect it'll be posted at 23.59 along with news of the other 3 signings.

We should be so lucky! About time they got someone on the social media side of things. I'd happily do it, I'm always on Twitter and Facebook. I'd do it for free and a better job than whoever currently is running it!

• Like 1

Do you not think that there is a reluctance to sign riders who are first claim to a Premier League team because isn't there now a rule that prevents clubs from using guests to replace the 4th and 5th highest averaged riders who must now be replaced by using the rider replacement facility.

I would not hold my breath about any final hour announcements. I offered services last year about the website and also the Supporter Club website, that is so poor it is beyond belife and was told that nothing was needed as both sites where being looked into. Still nothing changes does it. Merry Christmas, we should all club together and start our own speedway club.

• Like 2

I would not hold my breath about any final hour announcements. I offered services last year about the website and also the Supporter Club website, that is so poor it is beyond belife and was told that nothing was needed as both sites where being looked into. Still nothing changes does it. Merry Christmas, we should all club together and start our own speedway club.

I'd DM them on Twitter, but wouldn't expect them to know how to use it!

Do you not think that there is a reluctance to sign riders who are first claim to a Premier League team because isn't there now a rule that prevents clubs from using guests to replace the 4th and 5th highest averaged riders who must now be replaced by using the rider replacement facility.

Nail on head, bang on, risky business with that new little cherry of a rule.....