British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Right now the team is complete we can look forward to the season starting I just hope that Ullamek and Paddy H are here for the whole season and don't mess the club around again

U need to check your facts, Paddy H was injured last time out with his hand and from what I know Ulamek has never rode for us so how has ne messed the club around?

U need to check your facts, Paddy H was injured last time out with his hand and from what I know Ulamek has never rode for us so how has ne messed the club around?

The facts are he refused to come back to Leicester after being injured but carried on riding in Poland and Sweden.

Paddy messed the club around last time agreed but i also think he comes back a more mature person & rider who maybe feels he has unfinished business with us.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance .

In other news i hear a rumour Norrie Allen is applying to become a Danish citizen

Paddy messed the club around last time agreed but i also think he comes back a more mature person & rider who maybe feels he has unfinished business with us.

Everyone deserves a 2nd chance .

In other news i hear a rumour Norrie Allen is applying to become a Danish citizen

Lionking how exactly did he mess them about?

• Like 1

On the face of it, although clearly lacking an out and out number 1 aka Jason D, this line up has the feeling of solid scoring about it. The top 5 all have experience in the UK whilst the reserve pairing is widely acknowledged as one of the strongest. As a result, I can see Lions riders finishing first on more occasions than last and hence quite a few meeting wins.

Obviously the risk of injuries could influence matters, but is applicable to any team.

Now worth looking forward to the new season.

Good luck with the track Glyn - hope the weather is kind to you.

• Like 1

He got injured all throughout his recovery told them he would be back then at last minute told them he had a change of heart & would not be returning to me that was messing them about.

Lionking how exactly did he mess them about?

Edited by lionking
  • Like 1

He got injured all throughout his recovery told them he would be back then at last minute told them he had a change of heart & would not be returning to me that was messing them about.

Shows how little you really know then doesn't it

Paddys injury was a nasty one.. Don't think he let us down. But his signing isn't exactly inspiring. Strength at reserve is big for us.

Don't think it'll be long til Wozniak is a heat leader. Destined for another wooden spoon battle I fear. Won't stop me getting down to support the boys as much as I can

I personally think this team looks weaker than last year's. Leicester will be relying heavily on their reserves.

How many of the available points have they used in team building?

Edited by mdmc82

Shows how little you really know then doesn't it

Ditto

I personally think this team looks weaker than last year's. Leicester will be relying heavily on their reserves.

How many of the available points have they used in team building?

Its bound to look weaker for a start at Number 1 as no-one could replace Doyley, for a start we are much better at reserve and i dont thinkwe will be relying on them as much as you think. Klindt's average is 3.53 so he has the ability to put at least 2 points on that, Wozniak is more than capable of putting a point on his average now he has seen the away tracks, Ulamek will i have no doubt maintain his average or put half o a point on at least, and Walasek can also put a point on his average adn so can Hougaard. All in all i think we have a well balanced team who will surprise a few teams this season. Oh and just remember the reserves will chop and change.

• Like 1

Looks like Paul Starke will be key........providing the 1-6 do what they can, and don't go getting injured all over the place or bugger off when other things get more tempting (but that's a very big "IF"). I don't think the No.7 is able to move into the 1-5, he's fixed at 7 for the season.

Basically a side built within a tight budget, especially with no main sponsors at the moment. Makes you wonder how they could have afforded Doyle this season anyway. Heats 13 & 15 could be a problem against several teams.

Its bound to look weaker for a start at Number 1 as no-one could replace Doyley, for a start we are much better at reserve and i dont thinkwe will be relying on them as much as you think. Klindt's average is 3.53 so he has the ability to put at least 2 points on that, Wozniak is more than capable of putting a point on his average now he has seen the away tracks, Ulamek will i have no doubt maintain his average or put half o a point on at least, and Walasek can also put a point on his average adn so can Hougaard. All in all i think we have a well balanced team who will surprise a few teams this season. Oh and just remember the reserves will chop and change.

you have certainly won my vote for your optimism,not so sure i share it though.

• Like 1

I can see me spending more time at Darley Moor, this year than at BP. Will just have to see how things go, but not much in the way of being optomistic about things so far. May be in for a suprise, thought Norrie said at the end of season speach, track side, that there was no way that they would be having any Danes in the team again, so what happened.

I can see me spending more time at Darley Moor, this year than at BP. Will just have to see how things go, but not much in the way of being optomistic about things so far. May be in for a suprise, thought Norrie said at the end of season speach, track side, that there was no way that they would be having any Danes in the team again, so what happened.

Speedway , where your word is your bond . and means absolutely F.A