British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

Thought the crowd was bigger than I was expecting to be honest. Fully agree though, should be far more active online for example. I'd happily run the lions Twitter account for example. I wouldn't just tweet on there once every blue moon! Wouldn't know who to contact about it though

Try emailing the general enquiries email address on the Club Details page on the website. I think that Lynda Jones monitors this and I have always found her very helpful.

• Like 1

Try emailing the general enquiries email address on the Club Details page on the website. I think that Lynda Jones monitors this and I have always found her very helpful.

Thanks. Doubt it'll amount to anything, but I'd be happy to help

It was advertised on the following places

BBC Radio Leicester friday & saturday

Gem 106 radio friday & saturday

Leicester Mercury papwr friday & Saturday

On the scoreboard at half time of Leicester City vs Newcastle last monday.

On the Leicester speedway website since the fixture was confirmed & then previews leading upto the match

Leicester speedway facebook page

Leicester speedway supporters club facebook

Sheffield Website

Bspa website

Where else would you want it advertised ??

i actually think they did a brilliant job getting the word out that there was a match .

Why on earth was this not advertised! There are photos of today's meeting on the Leicester Mercury Website (http://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/pictures/Picture-Gallery-Speedway-Leicester-Lions-v/pictures-28954577-detail/pictures.html) and the crowd looked even smaller than I though it might be. Talk about 'promoting'!!

I tried to sort out the Supporters and the Clubs web sites last year, got in touch with the clubs office but they said no thanks we have got everything sorted out here and will be putting things in action soon, it is still just a as it was 2 years ago.

• Like 3

On the Leicester speedway website since the fixture was confirmed & then previews leading upto the match

Sheffield Website

Bspa website

i actually think they did a brilliant job getting the word out that there was a match .

What they did get wrong was the start time and the entrance cost to entice new fans along.

Sheffield Website

Bspa website

If you take the trouble to look at my post it was in response to someone only finding out that there was a reduced entrance fee for students when they got to the track. It was this reduction that was not advertised. I was not commenting on how well or otherwise the meeting was promoted. Now that you have roused me from my slumber how about the publicity on the web site? Press and practice last Friday & meeting on Saturday but still no team photo or photos of either event. The Gallery page has nothing more recent than pictures of the track alterations.Even the Facebook page has at the top a picture of Lion's riders in last seasons kevlars.

Edited by Happy Hunter
  • Like 1

If you take the trouble to look at my post it was in response to someone only finding out that there was a reduced entrance fee for students when they got to the track. It was this reduction that was not advertised. I was not commenting on how well or otherwise the meeting was promoted. Now that you have roused me from my slumber how about the publicity on the web site? Press and practice last Friday & meeting on Saturday but still no team photo or photos of either event. The Gallery page has nothing more recent than pictures of the track alterations.Even the Facebook page has at the top a picture of Lion's riders in last seasons kevlars.

Official team pics were taken before/during/after the Sheffield meeting..

Edit:

Don't these pics have to be licensed/authorised by go-speed before being made public? Or is that just A ridiculous statement!!

Edited by Shale Searcher

Official team pics were taken before/during/after the Sheffield meeting..

Edit:

Don't these pics have to be licensed/authorised by go-speed before being made public? Or is that just A ridiculous statement!!

Pictures of many clubs teams appear on their websites, and in the press, within hours of them being taken, so the non showing of them is down to the people running the website. Apologise if you were being sarcastic re go-speed.

Pictures of many clubs teams appear on their websites, and in the press, within hours of them being taken, so the non showing of them is down to the people running the website. Apologise if you were being sarcastic re go-speed.

Part sarcastic, part, well, possibly not as daft as it sounds!!

• Like 2

Someone from the Lions must come on here as the team photos have now appeared on the Gallery page - hooray! The one at the top of the Facebook page has not been altered though!

Edited by Happy Hunter
  • Like 1

Website could be a little better though. Last seasons riders still going round on the homepage. You could be forgiven thinking Jason Doyle is still riding for us..

• Like 1

Let's face it Robert72, you will always find something to be negative about.

I forgot speedway is booming in the uk and stadiums are full to capacity every week ;)

I'll take that previous post back. The Lions homepage is now festooned with action shots of this years riders in shiny new kevlars. Marvellous. Maybe somebody in the admin department does indeed scan these pages