Wozniak

Compton

Klindt

Another

Hahahahah, that's a mid table PL side.

Edited by Morrissey Fan

Hahahahah, that's a mid table PL side.

With Auty at reserve? I think not.

But unfortunately Lions will not be in the PL, so stand by for some right tonkings.

• Like 1

Why would we have Compton? Steads a much better rider and available. If we don't have stead, hopefully have someone better, or similar on a lower average.

I wouldn't be surprised to see a particularly weak team, but I don't think walasek will be at 1

Hope it was the weakest team who voted against then or how ridiculous would it be .......

As everyone seems full of self interest it could be any of the teams let's face it!

• Like 1

I don't know why anyone is even bothering to try to guess who will be the other signings. We all might just as well save our energy for something worthwhile or hibernate until the middle of March. Had hysterics reading the article on Leicester in last week's Star which told us absolutely nothing we did not already know!

• Like 1

I don't have the Star, Happy Hunter, could you tell me what it had to say about BP.

I don't have the Star, Happy Hunter, could you tell me what it had to say about BP.

In a nutshell then. Management have been in touch with several candidates with varying degrees of success. Supporters are no closer to knowing who will lead their side. Further talks last week to fill gaping hole at top of team. Lower end of team looks competitive. Walasek might not start the season as a second string. Allan understands the fans frustration. Perhaps the race night does not help. There aren't the riders of a reasonably high standard. Allan would prefer two leagues of 12/14 teams because some Elite Teams are no better than good Premier League Teams. The article ended with some mutual back slapping with Regional Recruitment Services. Nothing mentioned about the track bronze medal!

Hope this helps!

See you managed to get me to post again even though I wanted to hibernate!

Edited by Happy Hunter

In a nutshell then. Management have been in touch with several candidates with varying degrees of success. Supporters are no closer to knowing who will lead their side. Further talks last week to fill gaping hole at top of team. Lower end of team looks competitive. Walasek might not start the season as a second string. Allan understands the fans frustration. Perhaps the race night does not help. There aren't the riders of a reasonably high standard. Allan would prefer two leagues of 12/14 teams because some Elite Teams are no better than good Premier League Teams. The article ended with some mutual back slapping with Regional Recruitment Services. Nothing mentioned about the track bronze medal!

Hope this helps!

See you managed to get me to post again even though I wanted to hibernate!

I wonder if there's the slightest chance, given the comment about race night, that DH will have an 11-th hour change of mind?

When they approach riders, do they ask "if we had the home matches on Xday instead of Saturday, would that make a difference?".

It seems a bit illogical, with a general move to soecific race nights in the pipleine for 2017 and beyond, not to take the step now especially if it could make the difference to producing a supportable team for 2016.It would be a massive shame to throw away the strength that exists at the bottom end of the team.

Unfortunately the biggest horse has already bolted from the stable.

BTW, Not expecting you to interrupt your slumber with a reply to this HH!

I wonder if there's the slightest chance, given the comment about race night, that DH will have an 11-th hour change of mind?

Probably the only alternative night David would be willing to change to would be Friday and I can't see Coventry being happy with that as quite a few fans go to both tracks. Who knows what will happen in 2017 though.

Probably the only alternative night David would be willing to change to would be Friday and I can't see Coventry being happy with that as quite a few fans go to both tracks. Who knows what will happen in 2017 though.

And I don't think Paul Starke would be too chuffed either.

• Like 2

A Happy New Year to all you Lions fans. Hope the New Year brings some good news, as it looks rather gloomy, like the weather is dull overcast with showers, the only thing that is not happening is the fact that we are not getting any closer to knowing just who they plan to bring in. It is a bit like a foggy day, you know where you want to go but you can't see your hand in front of you.

A bit like the way they have planned thing so far for next year, It can only get better as they say. Or can it.

Stay sober and all have a great night, it will not be worth it in the morning, when your tongue is stuck to the roof of your mouth and your poor tummy is doing double somersaults. Been there done, learnt my leason. Don't touch the stuff now.

Happy New Year to Dave Burton too who has taken the time to post this lovely message on the Facebook 'Save Coventry Speedway' page. Hope it's a good one for you if you're on here. Pillock. :lol:

from a leicester lions fan

it will be so so sad when brandon closes
not only has it witnessed some diabolical decisions
but also we will lose a fantastic team in coventry speedway NOT!!!!!
NOW YOU ALL KNOW HOW WE ALL FELT WHEN CHARLES OCHILTREE SOLD LEICESTER LIONS OUT
WHAT CAN I SAY EXCEPT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND
KARMA OR WHAT!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL FROM A TEAM ................WITH A TRACK
THE LEICESTER LIONS !!!!!

Happy New Year to Dave Burton too who has taken the time to post this lovely message on the Facebook 'Save Coventry Speedway' page. Hope it's a good one for you if you're on here. Pillock. :lol: from a leicester lions fan it will be so so sad when brandon closes not only has it witnessed some diabolical decisions but also we will lose a fantastic team in coventry speedway NOT!!!!!NOW YOU ALL KNOW HOW WE ALL FELT WHEN CHARLES OCHILTREE SOLD LEICESTER LIONS OUTWHAT CAN I SAY EXCEPT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND KARMA OR WHAT!!!HAPPY NEW YEAR ALL FROM A TEAM ................WITH A TRACKTHE LEICESTER LIONS !!!!!

Apologies on behalf of that one idiot in particular. I'm sure there's a few more out their too but such is life.

I wasn't around when blackbird road was shut down, but I don't wish the same fate for any club. Will be a shame to see the back of Brandon, but fingers crossed you can upgrade to a more modern facility and maintain the name of the Coventry bees in the elite league for years to come.

Happy new year everybody

• Like 5