British Speedway Forum
Big Al

Leicester Lions 2016

I've read the quote by Dave Darcy on the Bookface (or whatever its called) section on the Leicester website -

it gives the impression that it's been DD who's been getting in DH's ear about modifying the track......if that's the case then well done to him in getting a result because i can imagine it was probably like trying to persuade Maggie Thatcher that she was wrong.

• Like 2

I've read the quote by Dave Darcy on the Bookface (or whatever its called) section on the Leicester website -

it gives the impression that it's been DD who's been getting in DH's ear about modifying the track......if that's the case then well done to him in getting a result because i can imagine it was probably like trying to persuade Maggie Thatcher that she was wrong.

Its still not clear to me if bends 1 & 2 have been changed as well as 3 & 4. Could we have a photo to clarify things please?

Marky.... All 4 turns are being done.

3 and 4 are now ready for the top shale. As most of you know the new track at Manchester have had shale ordered for months and with the weather the way its been Breedon can only store so much shale under cover. No one wants to lay wet shale. Turns one and two will be next when the shale is available. (DRY) Hope this answers some questions.

Its still not clear to me if bends 1 & 2 have been changed as well as 3 & 4. Could we have a photo to clarify things please?

It's not difficult to find out. The clues are in the words.

• Like 1

Brilliant that they're making these track alterations... would now like to hear which fellas will be riding on it every week! Wonder if they've made any more headway in that department, because they seem to be keeping quiet on the riders front. Credit where its due though, they're finally taking to social media to tell us something, even if it's only the track developments- it's a start!

Brilliant that they're making these track alterations... would now like to hear which fellas will be riding on it every week! Wonder if they've made any more headway in that department, because they seem to be keeping quiet on the riders front. Credit where its due though, they're finally taking to social media to tell us something, even if it's only the track developments- it's a start!

Sounds like Dave Darcy should take over things generally, including sorting out the team.....

• Like 1

Sounds like Dave Darcy should take over things generally, including sorting out the team.....

That would be the best start to next season, that the fans could wish for. If all that has happened so far has been his doing then the best of luck to him, because he will have been the fist person who has been able to get through to DH.

I don't it's as such as getting through to DH it's more like you want to alter the track you pay for it and do the work. So that is what Dave Darcy has done on the team front still no news as simply cannot get the riders to do the meetings everybody Norrie tries says No Thank you not on a Saturday night.

The THJ option seems to have gone now as well as he was interested if he didn't get a Polish club but somebody has come in for him so no to UK

I don't it's as such as getting through to DH it's more like you want to alter the track you pay for it and do the work. So that is what Dave Darcy has done on the team front still no news as simply cannot get the riders to do the meetings everybody Norrie tries says No Thank you not on a Saturday night.

The THJ option seems to have gone now as well as he was interested if he didn't get a Polish club but somebody has come in for him so no to UK

Simon Stead wants to ride for the Lions... I know it'd initially mean him starting at 5, but if Wozniak eventually went up to 5 and Stead down to second string, I'd be relatively happy. Then just get anyone of decent strength at 1...

1. Someone of heat leader quality- Madsen, Larsen, Sundstrom, either Laguta, Protasciewicz?

2. Wozniak/Stead

3. Walasek (captain probably?)

4. Klindt

5. Stead/Wozniak

6. Auty

7. Starke

If we can get the 1-5 good enough to stay in meetings, that reserve pair can win us meetings. Might not overly excite the masses, but would at least be a half competitive side IMO

Simon Stead wants to ride for the Lions... I know it'd initially mean him starting at 5, but if Wozniak eventually went up to 5 and Stead down to second string, I'd be relatively happy. Then just get anyone of decent strength at 1...

1. Someone of heat leader quality- Madsen, Larsen, Sundstrom, either Laguta, Protasciewicz?

2. Wozniak/Stead

3. Walasek (captain probably?)

4. Klindt

5. Stead/Wozniak

6. Auty

7. Starke

If we can get the 1-5 good enough to stay in meetings, that reserve pair can win us meetings. Might not overly excite the masses, but would at least be a half competitive side IMO

Stead may want to ride for Leicester but it's a big risk to go with him at the start of the season after such a big crash last season.
  • Like 1

Stead may want to ride for Leicester but it's a big risk to go with him at the start of the season after such a big crash last season.

Simon Stead would also miss quite a few matches whilst riding for his parent club Sheffield, really need to avoid any more DU riders if at all possible.. I know we are struggling to find anyone at present, but it strikes me as to why no other EL club has snapped up Steady..

2014 season we signed steady after a broken leg and he was brilliant for us. He's already back to full fitness, working in the gym with a local boxer. The only question mark would be over the psychological aspect, but he's overcome injury before and I'm sure he'll do it again.

Simon Stead would also miss quite a few matches whilst riding for his parent club Sheffield, really need to avoid any more DU riders if at all possible.. I know we are struggling to find anyone at present, but it strikes me as to why no other EL club has snapped up Steady..

Yeah, I agree with that. and it's the only reason I can see that we haven't signed steady. But as you say, with such a struggle to get anyone, I'd sooner have a bloke that we know would give 110% for most of the meetings but miss some, than someone that wouldnt give his all but would be there all the time

2014 season we signed steady after a broken leg and he was brilliant for us. He's already back to full fitness, working in the gym with a local boxer. The only question mark would be over the psychological aspect, but he's overcome injury before and I'm sure he'll do it again.

Yeah, I agree with that. and it's the only reason I can see that we haven't signed steady. But as you say, with such a struggle to get anyone, I'd sooner have a bloke that we know would give 110% for most of the meetings but miss some, than someone that wouldnt give his all but would be there all the time

Don't forget that no guests are allowed now to replace riders riding at 2 & 4