British Speedway Forum
The Voice Of Reason

Whatever Has Happened To Coventry's Appeal?

As I mentioned in a thread a couple of weeks back.

Whatever happened to Coventry's appeal to the Speedway Control Bureau following the outcome of their statement on 16th July? The SCB seemed relatively quick (by their standards) dealing with the intitial fines; but what happened to Cov's subsequent appeal that they stated they'd make?

And also, what happened to Coventry Promotion's complaint about Sky and Go Speed's decision to run the meeting in the first instance? Are we to assume that The Chuckle Brothers now have no case to answer; despite Mick Horton apparently having sufficient evidence to the contrary?

Just to add that I fully supported Cov over this debacle but something doesn't seem to sit right here. Maybe, the 3 grand fine handed out to the club (not the riders) would be 'dropped on appeal' if Cov agreed to keep schtum and not drag Wide Boy and The Fat Controller's names through the mud (despite the fact they are happy for riders to race in it).

So there you go folks. I may well have missed the news - it's difficult to get motivated with this sport as much as I used to. However, it would be nice to learn of the outcome...........if anyone is aware?

• Like 1

not surprised its all gone quiet, it normally does

remember the kildemand affair ,that was also swept under carpet it was as if the scb didnt want to make a decision for fear of something......

• Like 1

We had every right to appeal. Once the meeting coordinator said after heat 9 an inspection will take place Bees riders had every right not to go out for heat 10 until that was conducted. Its basic health and safety. It never happened therefore the club were right not to risk riders when a safety inspection wasn't carried out as promised.

Edited by woz01
  • Like 2

now POOle have finished top the appeal will be successful.

If however POOle knock the Bees out of the play off's, the SCB will charge the Bees for not having toilet paper in cubicle 2 on the back straight :wink:

Edited by full-throttle
  • Like 1

Remind me what was the aim of this appeal again? To not have to pay the fines?

Oh and really? POOle? Fat Controller? All a bit childish don't you think?

Just to be correct - the appeal was to the ACU. The SCB made their decision and imposed the punishment for breaking the rules!

No doubt it's already been thrown out, as it should be.

Fat Controller? All a bit childish don't you think?

Not really..

Personally, I'd prefer to be deemed childish than a liar; whilst also putting riders lives at risk purely for the sake of financial profit.

Not really..

Personally, I'd prefer to be deemed childish than a liar; whilst also putting riders lives at risk purely for the sake of financial profit.

You lost me pal. Who's a liar? (And why?) And who put riders lives at risk for financial profit?

Given that Holder nearly ploughed into Watt in the farcical Heat 10, I wonder if they would still take to the track in similar circumstances today given recent events?

• Like 1

Given that Holder nearly ploughed into Watt in the farcical Heat 10, I wonder if they would still take to the track in similar circumstances today given recent events?

absolutely no chance.... just keep fingers crossed the weather doesnt turn wet n windy for the play offs or it'll just be another sky sports 'farce'