British Speedway Forum
Red Panda

Coventry V Poole Elsf 1

Theres not. But there should be and I'm not saying that as a Bees fan who wants to see Poile decimated (well maybe a little) but as someone who thinks riders should make sure they're fitvavd healthy before getting on a bike.

All rivalry aside it would've a sad day if injury to Joonas, Magic or Kyle effected the play-offs.

Garrity also currently injured as in agony with his back.

Just want two full teams and hopefully by friday they will be all fit.

Coventry won't be a full team as sadly no Kylmakorpi but I agree, hoping the riders recently injured from both teams are fit to race on Friday. At least it gives riders a few more days now to heal. Fingers crossed their are no more injuries.

I hope we see a good meeting, not affected by weather or Injuries.

Coventry won't be a full team as sadly no Kylmakorpi but I agree, hoping the riders recently injured from both teams are fit to race on Friday. At least it gives riders a few more days now to heal. Fingers crossed their are no more injuries.

I hope we see a good meeting, not affected by weather or Injuries.

It shouldn't be affected by the weather according to the forecast, missing Kylmo is a blow but not as bigger blow as missing Magic if he isn't fit with only Jonsson as a reasonable alternative whereas Lindgren is a very able deputy for Joonas.

Didn't know about that! Cheers for the info SCB. Is there like an 8 day rule with regards to concussion?

Its recommended that anyone regardless of what they do for a living should not work for 7 days following concussion............if you want to you need medical clearance.............(I speak as someone who got an ear bashing off her GP for going back to work 2 days after being kept in hospital after knocking myself out for 24 hours last December and I do an office job)

RP

Postpone it for 2 weeks, a bit more rain the meeting will be held on Christmas Day, what a shambles as a matter of interest is the other semi final also on Friday next nothing on Swindon website. To call a match off 48 hours before is unheard of certain,y in Charles Ochiltree's days.

Postpone it for 2 weeks, a bit more rain the meeting will be held on Christmas Day, what a shambles as a matter of interest is the other semi final also on Friday next nothing on Swindon website. To call a match off 48 hours before is unheard of certain,y in Charles Ochiltree's days.

So was Sky TV.
  • Like 5

Have you forgotten what happened on 1st June? Coventry were told even though gale force winds and heavy rain, they couldn't call it off as not 48 hours notice (even though other teams have) so this time Coventry have contacted them due to terrible weather forecasts so that sky/gospeed don't cause that farce again.

Belle Vue V Swindon is currently still no tomorrow as forecast is not looking so bad.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

Have you forgotten what happened on 1st June? Coventry were told even though gale force winds and heavy rain, they couldn't call it off as not 48 hours notice (even though other teams have) so this time Coventry have contacted them due to terrible weather forecasts so that sky/gospeed don't cause that farce again.

Belle Vue V Swindon is currently still no tomorrow as forecast is not looking so bad.

All I can remember about that meeting is Poole giving Coventry an absolute battering.

All I can remember about that meeting is Poole giving Coventry an absolute battering.

Hardly a battering when the track when Coventry were refusing to ride.

I recall us giving Swindon a great battering home & away in last years semi 😉

Hardly a battering when the track when Coventry were refusing to ride.

I recall us giving Swindon a great battering home & away in last years semi 😉

Maybe in retrospect they should not have refused to ride then part of the fine money could have be used for a new rider

Maybe in retrospect they should not have refused to ride then part of the fine money could have be used for a new rider

Safety should always come first. Luckily Holder didn't collect Watt in heat 10 as he looked like he was going to and that was just in a 2 man race 😱

What happened 1st June was no fault of Coventry or Poole, it was down to Sky & GoSpeed.