British Speedway Forum
R87

Wolverhampton 2016

He rode in every league match and ended with an average of 8.23. The going didn't get tough towards the end of the season, we finished bottom. Not sure what you mean by that was the last seen of him in Aces colours, he saw the season out but has not been signed by Belle Vue since, just as Anderson and Harris haven't after their spells at Belle Vue.

My recollection is that he had only a couple of really poor meetings, which included an away match at Coventry. As I said in my earlier post the feeling on the Belle Vue web site seems to be that he would be welcomed back even acknowledging his tendency to occasionally lose to some relatively poor riders. Zagar had the same problem. The reservations are about his form last year.

Fair enough, I guess you are in a better position than me to judge him in Aces colours. Just recall a rather cheesed off Morton in SS, very disgruntled with him.

That said, I remember this time last season when Swindon were searching for a number one and his name kept cropping up. Although I do enjoy watching him, especially when he's flying, I wouldn't want him riding for the Robins.

• Like 1

KK let BV down? I'm pretty sure he was voted rider of the season by fans that year. Fair enough we finished bottom so it was a poor season for the club overall, but KK absolutely did not let us down.

TO be honest, with the current paucity of riders with at least the potential to be a genuine number one, beggars cannot be choosers.

• Like 1

On that point, I noticed Batchelor was praising the Wolverhampton track and how well it is prepared......;)

• Like 5

On that point, I noticed Batchelor was praising the Wolverhampton track and how well it is prepared......;)

Nice try :rofl:

Although he most certainly wouldn't be close to being first choice Batchelor is better that most options we have right now.

As indeed is KK.

• Like 1

woffinden is an aussie and he now pretends to be Brit with his Aussie tattoo no interest in havving the clown at Monmore

woffinden is an aussie and he now pretends to be Brit with his Aussie tattoo no interest in havving the clown at Monmore

There was an intelligent debate taking place....

Nice signature, must have took you a while to come up with something so witty.

• Like 4

I think Tai has disproved your last sentence - he is bigger than the sport in this country!

Of course he's not.

Neither were Ivan Mauger or Tony Rickardsson, and they each won the World Championship SIX times!!!

Haven't been on her for a bit which is a good job as I have not been too happy with the way the league is going and the limit set too high at 40,5 when there are not the riders around to be heat leaders especially with the likes of Janowski, Zagar, Iversen, Kildemand etc likely to be leaving Britain out of their plans next season.

The limit should have been set lower at say 35 for the six riders and a draft rider at number 7 which is more realistic when you consider who is around to be selected and the averages they carry.

As it is we have to try and build a strong team from the riders available and with Kylmakorpi 6.80 and Lindgren 6.11 already as heat leaders, Wolves have to be looking for the strongest rider available and that should be the rider left out at Swindon now Doyle has joined them and most likely it will be Zengota or Batchelor as I can't see Nick Morris being released.

Some years ago Freddie was at Zielona Gora with Zengota and he came over with Freddie a few times to watch and wanted to come to England but he was never signed and Swindon stepped in and got a bargain and a committed rider who has not been given the credit he deserves and next season will start as one of the highest averaging riders in the Elite League at 7.79.

With Kylmakorpi and Freddie that should be a decent top three when you look at what other teams could be and if Jacob Thorssell is classed as a second string (?) then there would be 6.25 left for the final place and that could be Ricky Wells 5.91 which is not as good as Rory Schlein 6.24 but he will most likely be a heat leader.

Rumours at the end of the season however was that Sam Masters 5.60 will be a Wolves rider next season although I would rather go with young Joel Andersson who will possibly be assessed at 5.50 and looked good in the Olympique and on the pace for his first time at the Green.

As for the sharing of Monmore with Cradley and the one meeting each fortnight, well it's not a great move for Wolves and hopefully if things change in the future Wolves will still hold the rights to riding there and it would have been good to have seen a Wolves team entering the National League instead of a so called outsider renting the Wolves track since 1928 and sharing the race night.

One thing is for sure, if Wolves don't get a team challenging for honours and not having weekly racing, I can see the Wolves crowds getting smaller and Cradley getting much bigger crowds in the National League.

On the contrary, I believe Woffinden is a Brit pretending to be an Aussie.

And a a Brit by birth, and of course you are true.

Edited by stevebrum

Rumours at the end of the season however was that Sam Masters 5.60 will be a Wolves rider next season although I would rather go with young Joel Andersson who will possibly be assessed at 5.50 and looked good in the Olympique and on the pace for his first time at the Green.

No one seems to know whether he is a heat leader or not, but if he isn't PK on 5.51 has to be a better option than either of these two, as much as I like the look of both riders mentioned.

Wolfie

No one seems to know whether he is a heat leader or not, but if he isn't PK on 5.51 has to be a better option than either of these two, as much as I like the look of both riders mentioned.

Wolfie

I agree in a way but the most important signing Wolves need is a strong heat leader and then if PK can return as a second string he gets to stay there all season. This season he started as a second string but it was clear he would soon move up but with Kylmakorpi, Freddie and a good #1 he should be able to be a good rider to have at #2 or #4.

Just hope the whispers about Kenneth Bjerre being the third heat leader are wrong !!!

Just hope the whispers about Kenneth Bjerre being the third heat leader are wrong !!!

I definitely agree with you there TNT

Wolfie

Edited by Wolfie
  • Like 1